Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Red Wings move on from Blashill

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Matt

Re: Red Wings move on from Blashill

Post by Matt » Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:56 pm

Great news!

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:08 pm

Can't do worse than who they had.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:31 pm

He was able to send the Walleye to the Kelly Cup finals in '16, and the Lightning to the Stanley Cup Finals the past few years, so hopefully it's an improvement over Blashill.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:56 am

I like the hire I knew it was going to be from the Lighting coaching staff.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:50 pm

A GM always wants to hire his own guy. This looks a lot better than the Quinn/Patricia marriage because Yzerman came in with experience as a GM and Lalonde probably had more authority at Tampa Bay than Patricia had at New England.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:31 am

Blashill just got hired in Lalonde's old spot.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MichMash

Post by MichMash » Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:35 am

Just announced: the three-time defending Eastern Conference champion Tampa Bay Lightning hire Jeff Blashill as assistant coach. Somebody there must think he's a decent coach.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/li ... assistant/

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat May 06, 2023 7:46 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 11:51 am
It's not puzzling at all. I've explained my rationale already.

Not hiring an experienced head coach would be a mistake, in my opinion.

Also not holding my breath that a dramatic roster reshaping will occur this summer.

I do agree that the rebuild showed some signs of life this past season.
Gallant fired after 2 unproductive seasons by NYR.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun May 07, 2023 6:49 am

The Rangers' playoff performance this year was disappointing certainly but I have no idea how you could call last season "unproductive". Last season was the Rangers' best in many years. A conference finals appearance is nothing to sneeze at.

No one wants to hire Blashill as head coach evidently. He will probably do fine as an assistant.

Maybe in another two or three years the Wings can actually qualify for the playoffs.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun May 07, 2023 7:06 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 6:49 am
Their playoff performance this year was disappointing certainly but I have no idea how you could call last season "unproductive". Last season was the Rangers' best in many years.

No one wants to hire your boy Blashill as head coach evidently.

Maybe in another two or three years the Wings can actually qualify for the playoffs.
Blashill is not my boy - my point is that Gallant never lasts long at a spot and would have been a TERRIBLE hire for the Wings.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun May 07, 2023 7:09 am

So was Larry Brown a terrible hire for the Pistons back in the day? He moved around a ton, although he did have a decently lengthy stay in Philly.

I will say Gallant's refusal to shakeup line rotations when players underachieve is a big strike against him.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic