Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Detroit Tigers 2022

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Honeyman

Detroit Tigers 2022

Post by Honeyman » Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:29 am

I think they have a legitimate WC shot. The Greene injury hurts, but if they can keep it together the first 6 weeks of the season, get decent starting pitching, they have a chance to really surprise. Future is looking good at Comerica!

The censorship king from out of state.

Matt

Re: Detroit Tigers 2022

Post by Matt » Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:09 am

BUt I heARd CHrIs iLiTCh dIDn'T cARe aBOuT tHE tiGERs.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:20 am

The surprise acquisition of Austin Meadows is quite the coup, especially with Greene out.

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

Chrocket87

Post by Chrocket87 » Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:16 pm

If that young rotation takes a nice step forward from last year, I’m thinking they win 85-90 games. Meadows was a nice pick up.

My prediction: 86-76

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:42 pm

They have a better roster than last year, when they won 77 games, so I'd say at least 82 wins. Like others are saying, improvement in the young rotation will determine how much higher they go, and that's not guaranteed. Last year Mize, Skubal, and Manning had a combined record of 19-28. It wasn't that long ago that the future depended on three young starters named Matthew Boyd, Daniel Norris, and Michael Fulmer. In 2006, the future looked great with Justin Verlander, Nate Robertson, and Jeremy Bonderman.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:24 am

I like them to win 90 games this year. They won't have issues with the Guardians or Royals. The Twins made some moves but don't have pitching. My anticipation is a good fight with the Sox that they will lose.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Thu Apr 07, 2022 2:45 pm

With names like Drew Hutchison, Jacob Barnes, and Will Vest (love that name!) manning the bullpen early due to injuries to Cisneros, Chafin, and Funkhouser; it doesn't inspire much early-season confidence. Some of the teams the Tigers face in the first two months are the Yankees, Red Sox, White Sox, Dodgers, Twins (6x), Astros, and Rays. A .500 start or better may be asking a lot.

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Fri Apr 08, 2022 2:02 am

I think Tigers win 82 to 85 games and will be in WC race.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Chrocket87

Post by Chrocket87 » Fri Apr 08, 2022 5:17 am

moldyoldie wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 2:45 pm
With names like Drew Hutchison, Jacob Barnes, and Will Vest (love that name!) manning the bullpen early due to injuries to Cisneros, Chafin, and Funkhouser; it doesn't inspire much early-season confidence. Some of the teams the Tigers face in the first two months are the Yankees, Red Sox, White Sox, Dodgers, Twins (6x), Astros, and Rays. A .500 start or better may be asking a lot.
I honestly can’t remember a time when the Tigers pen didn’t give me heartburn. They’ve had some pretty good arms over the years, but the pen as a whole has always been terrible.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:57 am

I think the team will be just under .500 for the first two months of the season and will play better from June onward.

I predict 82 to 84 wins in total. They will play will enough down the stretch to make things interesting.

I believe last year, I called for 73 wins. They wound up with 77.

Greene will probably begin rehab by the second week of May and be back with the parent club around Memorial Day.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Apr 08, 2022 4:51 pm

What an exciting comeback win for the Tigers! Very happy for them. :D

9th inning was fun to watch.

P.S...I'm liking the Meadows trade.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Fri Apr 08, 2022 5:23 pm

JA-VY! JA-VY! JA-VY!

- Sydney J. Harris

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Apr 08, 2022 5:44 pm

Indeed!

Tell ya what, I had some doubts regarding Al Avila's abilities as GM in the past, but for the moment, I think he is the best GM among our four professional teams.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:02 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 5:44 pm
Tell ya what, I had some doubts regarding Al Avila's abilities as GM in the past, but for the moment, I think he is the best GM among our four professional teams.
Wow, a contrarian! :D :razz I always thought Avila had a long-term plan I could get behind, starting with shedding outrageous salaries. As far as trades are concerned, he's won a few (e.g., Candelario and Paredes from the Cubs) and lost a few (the Verlander, J.D. Martinez, and Castellanos trades). There's also the trade he supposedly didn't make (Fulmer after his great rookie year for Javy Baez). Subsequent injuries and the lack of a market sorta colors this assessment, but still, Avila really did have shit to work with after Mr. I and Dombrowski went all-in for a shot at the title. He's steadily built the farm system from one of the worst into one of baseball's better rated systems. I suppose drafting high every year helps. Still, the jury's still out on a lot of these hotshot youngsters.

Man, that plate umpire was squeezing the plate on Rodriguez something terrible! And that called strike on Haase about a foot above the strike zone! And who was the blind ump who couldn't see the ball hit the wall on the walk-off! :8) If this is how it's gonna be all year, we may set a record on video reviews. :rolleyes

I gotta say, those middle relievers in which I earlier lacked confidence did the job today!

- Sydney J. Harris

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Apr 09, 2022 2:26 am

It's one game, but the off-season moves quickly paid off.

The bad news: The Twins traded for SP Jake Paddock who had a slump last year but has a good arm. I think this puts the Twins back in the mix.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic