Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Jansen and Karsch...

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
format this

Re: Jansen and Karsch...

Post by format this » Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:27 pm

craig11152 wrote:I will happily give them a try. I stopped listening on the radio 15 or 20 years ago because of Frank Beckman. I tried liking Jimmy Brandstatter as a PBP guy but he just made me cringe. I liked him a lot as a color guy for both the Lions and Wolverines . But I think he hit the Peter Principal wall doing PBP.
You freaking read my mind. Brandy on color was pure gold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Note to WGN... bring back Steve Cochran ASAP.

EDIT: Steve Cochran IS BACK AT WGN!!!

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:51 am

format this wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:27 pm
craig11152 wrote:I will happily give them a try. I stopped listening on the radio 15 or 20 years ago because of Frank Beckman. I tried liking Jimmy Brandstatter as a PBP guy but he just made me cringe. I liked him a lot as a color guy for both the Lions and Wolverines . But I think he hit the Peter Principal wall doing PBP.
You freaking read my mind. Brandy on color was pure gold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:28 am

Doug's voice is screechy and sounds like a chipmunk or nails on a chalkboard at times. I agree.

His ability to describe the action on the field fluently is excellent but his voice ruins that.

I wish U-M would stop settling for mediocre broadcasters.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Sat Nov 19, 2022 4:46 pm

I don't know if anyone could replace Bob Ufer or Frank Beckmann though.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Nov 19, 2022 4:49 pm

There are plenty of competent sports broadcasters with voices that sound decent on radio out there.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic