Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Jimmy Harbaugh fails in quest to get NFL head coaching job

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Matt

Re: Jimmy Harbaugh to the Raiders?

Post by Matt » Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:23 am

I am fairly confident that Harbaugh is staying, and a new contract could be announced as soon as this weekend.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:38 am

Matt wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:23 am
I am fairly confident that Harbaugh is staying, and a new contract could be announced as soon as this weekend.
Wonder if they’ll approach what MSU paid for Tucker?

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:44 am

Rate This wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:38 am
Matt wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:23 am
Wonder if they’ll approach what MSU paid for Tucker?
I don't think it is about the money, but the terms will be interesting.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

thekman

Post by thekman » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:06 am

Gregg Henson has been remarkably accurate when it comes to UM news through the years. Frankly, much better than most journalists when it comes to this topic. He may be a UM slappy, but he seems to have mostly accurate inside sources. It sounds like, what a few others have said in this thread already, this has mostly everything to do with NIL.

https://gregghenson.com/harbaugh-attemp ... f-michigan

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:24 pm

Why isn't that lazy has-been, Bob Wojnowski, reporting on this matter? (Just figured I'd toss that comment out there for discussion.)

From 3G's article:
No, he does not want to leave Michigan, he loves the school but HATES the administration.
I share his view of the administration. :)
The lack of an NIL program is a deal breaker and Harbaugh will leave if Michigan declines to play with the big boys.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:03 am

thekman wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:06 am
Gregg Henson has been remarkably accurate when it comes to UM news through the years. Frankly, much better than most journalists when it comes to this topic. He may be a UM slappy, but he seems to have mostly accurate inside sources. It sounds like, what a few others have said in this thread already, this has mostly everything to do with NIL.

https://gregghenson.com/harbaugh-attemp ... f-michigan
Is he still traveling around the country trying to nail down a long-term gig? I gotta say, I wish that I recorded some of the WOWO streams of him making an ass of himself. He fired a much-loved daytime guy and filled the spot with himself, and when people called in and complained he had temper tantrums. Then he went down to Dallas, and admittedly drained the family's life savings to build one of those coffee places for kids.

Gregg Henson is the biggest clown I've ever seen.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:26 pm

Oh, man. Some of those 3G threads here used to be great reading. Fan, luke picard, lions ghost, Andy Sipowicz, my God those were entertainment!!!! 😂

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:26 pm

I wish I could remember who called him a first class asshole. I still say that to this day.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:11 am

Speaking of the Raiders, did anybody here watch last night's game against the Chargers? That 4th quarter and OT were pure insanity, I've never seen anything like it. I mean, what was it, 5x 4th down conversions on the latter drive that went like 19 plays. And then for it to end on a field goal with no time left in OT when a tie scenario had playoff implications for both teams involved as well as Pittsburgh.

That game was historic.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:00 am

bmw wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:11 am
Speaking of the Raiders, did anybody here watch last night's game against the Chargers? That 4th quarter and OT were pure insanity, I've never seen anything like it. I mean, what was it, 5x 4th down conversions on the latter drive that went like 19 plays. And then for it to end on a field goal with no time left in OT when a tie scenario had playoff implications for both teams involved as well as Pittsburgh.

That game was historic.
Chargers should fire Staley today. Going for it on 4th and one from his own 21 was beyond dumb. And then the TO at the end of overtime when it looked like the Raiders were content to tie cost them the playoffs.

The censorship king from out of state.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:45 am

Flores fired in Miami. That's a surprise....isn't the owner a big Michigan guy?

The censorship king from out of state.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:51 am

Honeyman wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:00 am
bmw wrote:

That game was historic.
Chargers should fire Staley today. Going for it on 4th and one from his own 21 was beyond dumb. And then the TO at the end of overtime when it looked like the Raiders were content to tie cost them the playoffs.
One of the Raiders' players was asked post-game about that late timeout by SD and whether it changed their play calling late, and the player said something like "for sure" or "absolutely." That was indeed a head-scratcher.

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:58 am

Stephen Ross, the owner of the Dolphins had said that he would not be the one to hire JH out of the University of Michigan. In fact, he's working behind the scenes to pony up some bucks for this NIL program. If they can't participate with the big boys of the SEC than I think JH will realize that he just hit the mountaintop and now would be the time to bolt for the NFL. It would have to be the right situation, LV Raiders would probably be it. His wife Sarah used to live there, she was a very good real estate agent in the area, I think this was where they met but not entirely sure. Al Davis used to love JH and Mark Davis the owner still thinks very highly of JH. The only problem is the Raiders won last night so if JH is really interested in the Raiders gig, look for this to drag on until at least Saturday. Raiders play the Bengals Saturday afternoon. My hunch is JH stays at U-M.

SoutheastMIViewer

Post by SoutheastMIViewer » Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:22 pm

God NO! leave my Raiders alone. already have enough drama this year

If you don’t have a mask covering your exhaust pipe on the car, you are not trying to stop global warming by preventing the harmful emission particles from spraying out!

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:51 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:00 am
bmw wrote:

That game was historic.
No, they would have ran the ball and then kicked still.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic