Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Bowl game banter

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Honeyman

Bowl game banter

Post by Honeyman » Tue Dec 28, 2021 6:42 pm

Jesus, all you Wolvies on the site and no discussion about the biggest game for Michigan football since enabler Bo was coaching?!? Pussies!

I like MSU alot in the Peach. I understand why Walker and Pickett won't play, but still hate it. MSU wins 38-27.

Think Michigan will give Georgia a good game right until the end. 7 1/2 is too much to lay. Figure dogs win by a fg.

Bet the Utes very large at 6 1/2 when the Rose Bowl numbers came out, and threw a few on the ML. Just thought OSU would be unmotivated and it was THEE game for Utah. Now that Olave and Wilson are sitting the Fuckeyes, line is dropping big time. Just love Utah here.

GO GREEN!!!

The censorship king from out of state.

Mega Hertz

Re: Bowl game banter

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:45 pm

One of two things is gonna happen. Either Michigan is gonna win or Michigan is gonna lose. Either way, I'm turning 37 on Saturday. It's either gonna be a double celebration or it's gonna be a bummer. Whatever happens, it was a great season, beating OSU, winning the B1G and going to the playoff. Hell of a lot more than I expected back in August. The last thing I wanna do right now is get cocky or have unrealistic expectations. Neither has served this team well in decades.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:48 pm

Also, listening to Valenti today, it sure sounds like all the fun is getting sucked out with players opting out. Also keeping my fingers crossed that covid doesn't play a part in any of this!

-TurkeyTop

thekman

Post by thekman » Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:14 pm

Bowl games are too far removed from the regular season. College football is my favorite sport, but I kind of zone out after Thanksgiving.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:41 pm

GO Blue beat UGA I think it will be a close game Michigan- 24 UGA- 21. MSU- 42 Pitt- 24.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:31 am

What a comeback!
What resilience!
What determination!
WHAT A TEAM!

GO GREEN!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:45 am

Go Blue!

Fuck ohio!

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:38 pm

Well ain't this a bitch.

Tell me you thought something was gonna happen otherwise...

-TurkeyTop

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:13 am

Hats off to Georgia on a dominant performance. This was still a great season for Michigan, but it was definitely a disappointing end to the season. I hope that Georgia beats Alabama on 1/10.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:48 am

Agreed in all respects; nicely stated.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:31 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:38 pm
Well ain't this a bitch.

I thought Michigan would play well enough to be in a "nail biter" late in the game.
I thought going in to the 4th quarter it would still be anybody's game.

I no longer directly engage trolls

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:43 am

craig11152 wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:31 am
Mega Hertz wrote:
Well ain't this a bitch.

I thought Michigan would play well enough to be in a "nail biter" late in the game.
I just had a feeling. The month off screwed us for sure. You can't stop when you're that hot. Plus, even if we beat Georgia, we'd still have to beat Bama to win it all. It felt like too much. I was hoping to be surprised, but, I'll take what I got this year and move forward.

-TurkeyTop

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:52 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:43 am
craig11152 wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:31 am
Mega Hertz wrote:
Well ain't this a bitch.

I just had a feeling. The month off screwed us for sure. You can't stop when you're that hot. Plus, even if we beat Georgia, we'd still have to beat Bama to win it all. It felt like too much. I was hoping to be surprised, but, I'll take what I got this year and move forward.
I'm still a little salty about 2 items regarding the playoff qualification/selection: 1) Georgia not beating Alabama in the SEC championship game, and 2) Michigan getting jumped by Alabama after they beat Georgia. If scenario 1 happened, #2 Michigan would have played Cincinnati or Notre Dame (whose coach quit on them) in round 1. They still have to play Georgia in the final, but a warm up game likely would have helped. Same for scenario 2, you get Cincinnati as a primer for the winner of Georgia/Alabama.

30 years ago, Michigan lost to Washington in the Rose Bowl 34-14. A year later, Michigan beat Washington in the rematch. Here's to hoping that the 2022 version gets a chance to repeat that feat in the CFP.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:59 am

I didn't even watch the game. By the time I was in a position to tune in we were down 14-0 and I felt we were doomed. So I watched Friday Night Lights season 4 with my wife while my ESPN phone app gave me scoring updates. All I needed to see to flip the game on was a 14-7 update. 😥

I no longer directly engage trolls

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:00 am

The talent level on Georgia and Bama is much higher than anywhere else in college football. Especially on the OL and DL.

That said, Michigan was curb stomped, and outcoached. Any team tries and hurry up the tempo with them, and they look lost. Did Ojabo make one tackle? How many sacks did the Heisman candidate have? Actually felt bad for McNamara, he didn't have a prayer out there. No time to throw and nobody open when he did.

But don't worry Wolvies, at least Herpes Howard has the basketball team playing great.

The censorship king from out of state.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic