Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Notre Dame could hire Meyer AND it would be a character upgrade

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Matt

Notre Dame could hire Meyer AND it would be a character upgrade

Post by Matt » Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:19 pm

Brian Kelly left a team that might still make the CFP, and he met with his team for two minutes. Add that to the fact that he's directly responsible for a student's death, and it's proof the guy is a pile of shit. Urban Meyer has long desired that job and while he currently is an NFL coach, we all know he's not an NFL coach. I do believe he is slightly less of a pile of shit than BK.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Mr.Transistor

Re: Notre Dame could hire Meyer AND it would be a character upgrade

Post by Mr.Transistor » Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:57 pm

I agree, Kelly is a Pile Of SHIT alright, the student's death making him go up in the tower with the high winds and this interesting story about Packers HC Matt Lafleur and Jets HC Robert Saleh when they were working for Kelly as grad assistants when Kelly was HC for CMU. They thought they were invited to a party at BK's house and instead had to shovel snow and park cars for the guests.

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/foot ... story.html

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:31 am

I thought ND Overrated was his dream job for Brian Kelly. If Kelly doesn't win at LSU since it's a Natty or bust for them at LSU in 3 years he'll be fired just my opinion.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:32 am

https://www.si.com/college/2021/11/30/b ... me-for-lsu

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... ball-coach

The timing and abrupt nature of Kelly's departure + the other occurrences mentioned by others in this thread absolutely qualifies him as a douche bag. In hindsight, it is a good thing U-M did not hire him.

LSU is a better gig than ND??? Not so sure I buy into that. It's clearly all about the money with Kelly.

From the SI article:
Brian Kelly has called a lot of creative plays over the years, but whenever he leaves a job, he dials up the same one. His players break the huddle and then realize Kelly is gone.

Even among all the unprofessional and selfish coaching moves we have seen in college sports, what Kelly pulled this week stands out. While his Notre Dame team waited to see whether it makes the College Football Playoff, Kelly took the LSU job. His players found out from news reports. According to The Athletic, Kelly sent them a message long after it broke saying, “whoops, sorry,” and asking them to show up at 7 a.m. for a team meeting. ESPN reported he spoke to them for 11 minutes. Halftimes last longer than that.
It will be interesting to see if one of the ND coordinators are handed the HC job on a permanent basis or if the university decides to look elsewhere.

If they do choose to look elsewhere, I think the current Iowa State and Cincinnati head coaches would be the leading candidates.

I would be inclined to add P.J. Fleck to that list, too, except he just signed a 7-year extension at Minnesota four weeks ago.

By the way, I'm old enough to remember when Brian Kelly was HC at Grand Valley State University just outside of Grand Rapids!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic