Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Mel to sign extension with MSU

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Mr.Transistor

Re: Mel to sign extension with MSU

Post by Mr.Transistor » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:28 am

Pretty bad optics with all the talk of "big extension" and then Sparty goes out and lays a complete turd to the Buckeyes. Then if they lose to Penn St. Saturday......geesh! Not saying he doesn't deserve a pay raise, job well done this year. They got plenty of money to dish out to Nassar victims and a head football coach. Yet tuition rates keep skyrocketing

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:52 am

Mr.Transistor wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:28 am
Pretty bad optics with all the talk of "big extension" and then Sparty goes out and lays a complete turd to the Buckeyes. Then if they lose to Penn St. Saturday......geesh! Not saying he doesn't deserve a pay raise, job well done this year. They got plenty of money to dish out to Nassar victims and a head football coach. Yet tuition rates keep skyrocketing
First of all, the money for his extension is all coming from private donors, so it won't affect tuition at all.

I look at the situation differently though. To me, the OSU blowout proves all the more reason why we need somebody who will take us up to the next level in recruiting foremost, and establishing a sound winning program. Whether Mel is the right man is the 95 million dollar question. I believe what he accomplished this year is a borderline miracle. Everybody picked us last in the BTE, and we have won 9 games and are ranked. This team had limited talent and he got the most out of them. People say he got lucky with Walker, but obviously he saw something nobody else did, which speaks to his eye for players. I'm more encouraged for the football future than ever.

That said, we very well could lose to PSU. Nailor and Reed are both out, KW3 is hurt and might not play either. Add that to a host of lineman and it wouldn't surprise me if we just don't have enough bodies to beat them. Again, depth is something Mell can hopefully address.

GO GREEN!

The censorship king from out of state.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:40 pm

I think there are will be a lot of pissed Spartys if MSU loses to PSU this weekend. There's really no reason that MSU can't beat them by 10.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:54 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:40 pm
There's really no reason that MSU can't beat them by 10.
I've listed some of the reasons above. The spread in Vegas is PSU -1.5.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:04 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:54 pm
Oh, so didn't know Nailor and Walker were both out. That changes things. Going to have to update my free Fox Bet.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:33 am

Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:04 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Oh, so didn't know Nailor and Walker were both out. That changes things. Going to have to update my free Fox Bet.
If you're betting this game, the under is the play.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:06 am

I haven't heard Walker is out. Only that he has an ankle injury and is questionable.

I no longer directly engage trolls

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:26 am

craig11152 wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:06 am
I haven't heard Walker is out. Only that he has an ankle injury and is questionable.
They don't really announce who is and isn't playing. It looks like it'll be a gametime decision.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:48 am

Apparently the contract is signed. It is still pending Trustee approval, but that would seem to be a formality.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:36 am

Matt wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:48 am
Apparently the contract is signed. It is still pending Trustee approval, but that would seem to be a formality.
It’ll make him the 4th highest paid coach in football… not college football… football.

I think they are trying to prevent another Nick Sabin situation.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:58 pm

Rate This wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:36 am
Matt wrote:
It’ll make him the 4th highest paid coach in football… not college football… football.

Saban was there for 5 years. This guy hasn't completed a full, real season - this could set a bad precedent. I remember being pissed when Michigan fired RR for BRADY FUCKING HOKE and threw $3M at him. The guy hit the lottery on the transfer portal and parlayed it into a massive contract. Good for him personally, not so great for the market.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:06 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:33 am
Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:04 pm
Honeyman wrote:
If you're betting this game, the under is the play.
No, this game basically makes you nail down the winner, and you have to know the exact difference in the score within a point. It's free but hard as hell because you have a 6 game parlay and basically have to hit every game on the nose.

Audacity sucks.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:56 am

Matt wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:58 pm
Rate This wrote:
Matt wrote:

Saban was there for 5 years. This guy hasn't completed a full, real season - this could set a bad precedent. I remember being pissed when Michigan fired RR for BRADY FUCKING HOKE and threw $3M at him. The guy hit the lottery on the transfer portal and parlayed it into a massive contract. Good for him personally, not so great for the market.
That just it.....the market. There are openings at some of the biggest programs in the sport. LSU, USC, Florida. If that wasn't the case, Tucker doesn't get this contract, Franklin doesn't get a H*** extension, etc.

It's a H*** gamble signing Tucker for that long and those bucks for sure. But in today's college game, I think they almost had to.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:34 am

Honeyman wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:56 am
Matt wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Matt wrote:

That just it.....the market. There are openings at some of the biggest programs in the sport. LSU, USC, Florida. If that wasn't the case, Tucker doesn't get this contract, Franklin doesn't get a H*** extension, etc.

It's a H*** gamble signing Tucker for that long and those bucks for sure. But in today's college game, I think they almost had to.
The Tucker extension is a giant risk, but I get the market thing. That Franklin deal is TERRIBLE. If Franklin had walked, Penn State is in a much better spot than the last time it was open. You'd have to assume Moorhead would have been interested.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:43 pm

Matt wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:34 am
Honeyman wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:56 am
Matt wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Matt wrote:

The Tucker extension is a giant risk, but I get the market thing. That Franklin deal is TERRIBLE. If Franklin had walked, Penn State is in a much better spot than the last time it was open. You'd have to assume Moorhead would have been interested.
Franklin is a great recruiter and a lousy in-game coach. But that Baylor coach is signing an extension, Fickel is supposedly staying put....it's all supply and demand.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic