Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Mel to sign extension with MSU

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Rate This

Re: Mel to sign extension with MSU

Post by Rate This » Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:45 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:56 am
Matt wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:58 pm
Rate This wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:36 am
Matt wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:48 am
Apparently the contract is signed. It is still pending Trustee approval, but that would seem to be a formality.
It’ll make him the 4th highest paid coach in football… not college football… football.

I think they are trying to prevent another Nick Sabin situation.
Saban was there for 5 years. This guy hasn't completed a full, real season - this could set a bad precedent. I remember being pissed when Michigan fired RR for BRADY FUCKING HOKE and threw $3M at him. The guy hit the lottery on the transfer portal and parlayed it into a massive contract. Good for him personally, not so great for the market.
That just it.....the market. There are openings at some of the biggest programs in the sport. LSU, USC, Florida. If that wasn't the case, Tucker doesn't get this contract, Franklin doesn't get a H*** extension, etc.

It's a H*** gamble signing Tucker for that long and those bucks for sure. But in today's college game, I think they almost had to.
Then let’s see some other schools match or exceed that… otherwise it looks kind of ridiculous…

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic