Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

MSU suspended football player sues

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Matt

MSU suspended football player sues

Post by Matt » Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:09 am

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sport ... 063032001/
According to the suit, in January of 2021, a female student alleged the plaintiff and another MSU football player sexually assaulted her. The plaintiff, who claims the encounter was consensual, said the allegation was reported to a coach after he was questioned by police “on or about Feb. 3.”

The next day, according to the suit, the plaintiff was suspended by coach Mel Tucker, banning him from all team activities.
This speaks well of current leadership in EL. It seems that Mel Tucker is not willing to look the other way on alleged criminal activity, a stark contrast from his predecessor.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: MSU suspended football player sues

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:59 am

Agreed!

Kudos to Mr. Tucker.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:25 am

It's my understanding that the suspended player's scholarship has not been revoked, time to double-down on the books.

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:30 am

It's Ricky White.

The censorship king from out of state.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:05 am

So, ruin his life based on a mere allegation? Why is it taking NINE MONTHS to figure out if he should actually be CHARGED?? If he's CHARGED, then I think there is a case that the university removes or suspends him but just the allegation shouldn't unless they have some further proof. I guess we'll see if they come up with it if this case goes through.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:17 am

km1125 wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:05 am
So, ruin his life based on a mere allegation? Why is it taking NINE MONTHS to figure out if he should actually be CHARGED?? If he's CHARGED, then I think there is a case that the university removes or suspends him but just the allegation shouldn't unless they have some further proof. I guess we'll see if they come up with it if this case goes through.
What a tone deaf response. There is no denial that the act took place, the individual is suggesting that the act was consensual. His life has not been ruined - he's free to transfer, but this is the absolute right move by MSU.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:05 am

Matt wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:17 am
km1125 wrote:
What a tone deaf response. There is no denial that the act took place, the individual is suggesting that the act was consensual. His life has not been ruined - he's free to transfer, but this is the absolute right move by MSU.
"Tone deaf".... funny you say that. A TRUE justice system would be just that. Based on facts and investigation, with penalties not just based allegations or "feelings".

Duke Lacrosse ring a bell?

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:12 am

km1125 wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:05 am
Matt wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:17 am
km1125 wrote:
"Tone deaf".... funny you say that. A TRUE justice system would be just that. Based on facts and investigation, with penalties not just based allegations or "feelings".

Duke Lacrosse ring a bell?
I'm assuming you don't know any women that have been sexually assaulted. Stop, while you are waaaaaay behind.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:02 pm

So a free college education is ruining his life?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but a coach can manage his team any way he chooses.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:32 am

Maybe somebody claimed that he did something just to get him off the team. It has probably happened in the past.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:13 pm

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic