Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Detroit Lions 2021

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: Detroit Lions 2021

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:38 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:17 am
I figured there was always a chance of that happening - by the Lions being the first team to go 0 - 17!

That was a well spent timeout by Dan Campbell prior to Baltimore's snap on 4th down. :lol
(Baltimore thanks Detroit for the breather.)

The Lions always manage to hire the village idiot for head coach.
I still say the Lions go 3-14. A worse coach is Texans' David Culley. He declined a penalty to force his offense in to a 4th down instead of accepting for a 3rd down.
Honeyman wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:28 pm
Whatever happened to that idiot fuzzpower? Wonder if he still thinks Stafford is the reason for the Lions failures? Right now he's over 300 yards, 4 td, halfway through 3rd against SB champs.
Fuzzball was a moron.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:57 pm

Ok. I've seen enough of Campbell. He needs to go.

4 and a half minutes left, down 10, 4th and 1 and you hurry up and go for it instead of taking the easy 3 points? I didn't like them in the first half going for it on 4th and goal from the 5, but this one was 10x worse. Detroit had the momentum and was chipping away at the lead, Chicago's running back was out with injury, Chicago was playing VERY conservatively in the 4th quarter, and Detroit opts not to cut it to 7 and force Chicago to do something? I'm all for playing aggressively WHEN THE SITUATION CALLS FOR IT but just like Detroit Lions coaches of the past, Campbell just doesn't seem to get situational football. Going for that under the circumstances was inexcusable in my opinion.

SoutheastMIViewer

Post by SoutheastMIViewer » Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:00 pm

Told you all same old Lions.

If you don’t have a mask covering your exhaust pipe on the car, you are not trying to stop global warming by preventing the harmful emission particles from spraying out!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:26 pm

Just remember, many morons in the local sports media were doing handstands when the Lions hired Spielman, Holmes and Campbell (especially the first two).

This team remains, and always will be, a complete clusterfuck.

I NEVER bought into the hype, not even for one second.

matt1

Post by matt1 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:45 pm

The Lions quarterback had a really BAD DAY today.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:47 pm

SoutheastMIViewer wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:00 pm
Told you all same old Lions.
The one thing you and I agree on.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:41 am

On a positive note, the Rams lost badly to their division rival Cardinals. :blink :razz Apparently Stafford's perpetual career-long inconsistencies are manifesting themselves as he was off-target on several throws. He needs to look elsewhere than Cooper Kupp who was blanketed by the Cardinals' secondary.

I can't dwell any longer on the Lions' red zone problems; it's much too sickening. :x :barf I can cite youth and lack of talent as an excuse, but Goff's two fumbles and missing wide open receivers...? :evil: And once again, we make a rookie QB look like an all-pro.

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:37 am

moldyoldie wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:41 am
On a positive note, the Rams lost badly to their division rival Cardinals. :blink :razz Apparently Stafford's perpetual career-long inconsistencies are manifesting themselves as he was off-target on several throws. He needs to look elsewhere than Cooper Kupp who was blanketed by the Cardinals' secondary.
The Rams took my advice. :razz Stafford targeted Robert Woods fourteen times for twelve receptions and 150 yards last night in an important intra-divisional win against the Seahawks on the road.

In Lions news, they may be playing without three starters on their vaunted O-line this Sunday, the supposed strength of the team. :rolleyes They're paying half their salary cap for players who are unavailable for Week 5.

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:58 pm

Does Dan Campbell know that we've already had an 0-16 season???

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:16 pm

Of course he does.

That's why he's gonna go 0-17! :razz

I loved the ending of that game. The stupid ham 'n eggers were celebrating a win after that go ahead touchdown even though :37 and two timeouts remained available for the Vikings! The Lions' D evidently didn't realize there was still football to be played.

Fuck the Lions. I'm happy they lost. This city deserves better than this team of hacks, novices and journeymen.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:39 pm

19-17. Just like Baltimore. And Tom Dempsey. Almost eerie.

The censorship king from out of state.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:52 pm

Moldyoldie wrote:
In Lions news, they may be playing without three starters on their vaunted O-line this Sunday, the supposed strength of the team. :rolleyes They're paying half their salary cap for players who are unavailable for Week 5.
He raises a phenomenally good point, and it is one that is a heavy indictment against the new Lions brain trust.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:14 pm

I gotta say, the Lions are losing better every week.

- Sydney J. Harris

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:54 pm

A thought I had on the 4 hour hour drive back to Brighton today while listening to the different Lions affiliates (95.3 The Bear sounded great!)

In order to have a "rebuild", doesn't that mean you have had to win something? Maybe like a Super Bowl? Or even be deep into the playoffs year after year? How is it a rebuild when there was never much there to begin with? I mean, I don't think the Lions have had 12+ wins in my lifetime, if ever. IIRC, we got 11 one season, though I could be wrong at 10.

Regardless, how can you rebuild something that was never really built in the first place? Does 9-7 and getting ran out in the first round count as being built? 😂

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:34 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:54 pm
A thought I had on the 4 hour hour drive back to Brighton today while listening to the different Lions affiliates (95.3 The Bear sounded great!)

In order to have a "rebuild", doesn't that mean you have had to win something? Maybe like a Super Bowl? Or even be deep into the playoffs year after year? How is it a rebuild when there was never much there to begin with? I mean, I don't think the Lions have had 12+ wins in my lifetime, if ever. IIRC, we got 11 one season, though I could be wrong at 10.

Regardless, how can you rebuild something that was never really built in the first place? Does 9-7 and getting ran out in the first round count as being built? 😂
Well, they did win in 1934, didn't they?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic