Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Detroit Lions 2021

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
moldyoldie

Re: Detroit Lions 2021

Post by moldyoldie » Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:14 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:07 am
Campbell expectedly - and wisely - fired his OC yesterday. Lions offense has shown signs of life since Campbell took over play calling. Smart move on his part.
I'd say inevitable move on his part. :blink What NFL OC wants to be a hanger-on anyway?

I've seen this before: High-energy coach makes bang-up impression in his first year, but what comes next? It had better be some wins. Once again, Bill Cowher and Dick Vermeil come to mind as impressive high-energy rookie coaches who brought their teams from the outhouse to the penthouse. We can only hope, but there's every reason to be optimistic...in my opinion.

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:59 am

The Lions are headed for 6 wins next year.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:55 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:59 am
Which would be a 100% improvement. ;)

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

format this

Post by format this » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:06 pm

moldyoldie wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:
Campbell expectedly - and wisely - fired his OC yesterday. Lions offense has shown signs of life since Campbell took over play calling. Smart move on his part.
I'd say inevitable move on his part. :blink What NFL OC wants to be a hanger-on anyway?

I've seen this before: High-energy coach makes bang-up impression in his first year, but what comes next? It had better be some wins. Once again, Bill Cowher and Dick Vermeil come to mind as impressive high-energy rookie coaches who brought their teams from the outhouse to the penthouse. We can only hope, but there's every reason to be optimistic...in my opinion.
This could very well mirror another high-energy coach that went 1-11, 7-5, 7-5, 12-0. PJ Fleck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Note to WGN... bring back Steve Cochran ASAP.

EDIT: Steve Cochran IS BACK AT WGN!!!

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:31 am

format this wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:06 pm
moldyoldie wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:

This could very well mirror another high-energy coach that went 1-11, 7-5, 7-5, 12-0. PJ Fleck.
I'd maintain that college and pro are entirely different animals, though Vermeil was successful in both.

- Sydney J. Harris

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:33 am

At least we did not have a perfect season (0-17) this year.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:18 pm

moldyoldie wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:55 am
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:59 am
Which would be a 100% improvement. ;)
They have a much more favorable schedule next year.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic