Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

College football prediction thread

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Matt

Re: College football prediction thread

Post by Matt » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:40 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:39 am
Wisconsin's team looks to be hot garbage this year. Michigan struggled offensively against Rutgers.

Although much better than last year's team, so far, this looks to be a typical Harbaugh-era team.
Michigan struggled for 1 half against Rutgers. The other 9 halves have been pretty disciplined and dominant. This is not a typical Michigan team, let alone a typical Harbaugh team. Michigan started 5-0 twice in the last decade: 2011 and 2016. Diminish Wisconsin if you must, but going into their stadium and steamrolling them is impressive.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:13 am

Matt wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:38 am
Honeyman wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:25 am
What would be considered a successful year, Matt? If you go 10-2, lose to OSU and play in a NY bowl, is that good enough?
Ask me after Wisconsin.
I'm asking.

The censorship king from out of state.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:36 pm

McNamara is a bum. Get him out of there.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:26 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:36 pm
:rolleyes

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:20 am

Just liked I figured....mid-October MSU is bowl eligible, and Alabama is not.

October 30th is gonna be great!

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:34 am

Matt wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:26 pm
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:36 pm
:rolleyes

You still defending this dude? Yes, JJ McCarthy nearly fucked up the field goal opportunity, but Cade overthrew every 30+ yard pass play today, including the big play. And the defense shat the bed in the second half. Harbaugh nearly fucked up the game with his coaching.

I like Sparty by a TD on October 30th.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:12 am

Cade overthrew every 30+ yard pass play today
Were we watching the same game???

Still repairing my heart strings, but I'll take the win. :)

Poor Nebraska cannot catch a break. They've now suffered heartbreaking losses to Oklahoma, MSU and now Michigan.

I wasn't too fond of Harbaugh's decision to go for two so early in the 3rd quarter, simply because it was so early in the game still, but mathematically I could see some logic in that decision. I am SO THANKFUL that decision didn't factor into the ultimate game outcome.

MSU's offense against Rutgers was clicking well. That team looks every bit as good as Michigan, if not better. October 30's game has the makings to be one of the best U-M / MSU matchups in a very long time.

So many great CFB games yesterday. I watched Texas - Oklahoma nearly in entirety. INSTANT CLASSIC for sure. What a phenomenal comeback win for the Sooners. Thanks to Michigan - Nebraska, was unable to spend anytime with the Alabama - Texas A&M game. I am stunned that the Tide lost to the Aggies! When was the last time 'Bama lost to an unranked opponent?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:35 am

Very candid remarks by McNamara to the sideline interviewer at the end of the game.

He said (recent) past Michigan teams probably would've lost last night's game.

He's right.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:23 am

Thorne is playing so well, and making such great decisions, I would say he might be the best QB in the conference. It helps to have Reed and Nailor to throw to, and Walker...perhaps the best RB in the nation, to hand off to. The MSU offense is actually exciting, and I can never remember saying that.

Michigan's lines are as good as I've ever seen. Nebraska might have the best DL in the BT, and they were getting beaten most of the game. 2 solid RB's, and good WR's.

Our LB's and DB's are still an issue. So far, they have bent, and not broken, but I am not sure how long that will keep up. I don't trust Coghlin at all, and if October 30th goes down to the kicking game, that might nail us.

The fact that both teams could go into the game undefeated is almost unfathomable. I am glad this ones in East Lansing. Could be a classic.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:02 am

Home field doesn't mean a whole helluva lot in this series. Harbaugh is 2-0 in EL and 1-3 in AA.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:23 am

5 men in the backfield was missed on Nebraska's first TD: https://twitter.com/SteveClarke02/statu ... 32516?s=20

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:37 am

Any odds on if the "Let's go Brandon" chant makes an appearance in East Lansing on the 30th?

This meme that seems to be gaining a fair amount of traction, as well as it's origin, has most amused.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:25 pm

Matt wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:23 am
5 men in the backfield was missed on Nebraska's first TD: https://twitter.com/SteveClarke02/statu ... 32516?s=20
:rollin Michigan fans even whine about the officiating when they win.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:41 pm

The defensive pass interference penalty against Nebraska helped Michigan BIG TIME. Perhaps the Nebraska player had a handful of jersey (that could not be confirmed nor denied from the camera angles shown), but from the vantage points shown on ABC, I certainly saw no penalty.

The one thing that ticked me off the most was the piss poor spotting of the football where U-M was damn near robbed of three yards of gain + a 1st down. Harbaugh had to spend a timeout to force a review. One would think with five (!!!) striped shirts that one of 'em would have noticed the spot was off by a mile.

Here's one sports writer's opinion of last night's officiating:

https://omaha.com/sports/huskers/footba ... 492a3.html

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:56 pm

The officiating all over has been awful, worse this year than it ever has been in my eyes. MSU got called for a late hit on a third down yesterday that was completely ridiculous, and it extended a drive and luckily only resulted in a gift 3. Halliday, had to sit out the first half yesterday for a bogus targeting call the week before. I've seen many other horrible calls across college football. Despite Matt's many posts, they don't only happen to Michigan.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic