Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

College football prediction thread

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Honeyman

College football prediction thread

Post by Honeyman » Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:17 pm

MSU? UM? CMU? Grand Valley State? What is your team gonna do this year?

I'll start.....I'm very happy where I see the program headed. Convinced Mel has us on the right path, recruiting looks to have really stepped up on a broader basis, and he seems perfect for the position. That said, we are at least a year away from being realistically competitive, and have a tough schedule to contend with. Our secondary and LB's are thin, and the first string really is not that good. QB is still up for grabs, but I like what I saw from Thorne last year and Russo supposedly is impressive at practice. Plenty of RB's, and this transfer Walker could be a stud. WR's a big question mark, and the OL has to be better than last year. I'm saying 4-8, and the ceiling is 6-6. MSU has a habit of winning one we shouldn't though, hopefully it's 10-30.

The censorship king from out of state.

Matt

Re: College football prediction thread

Post by Matt » Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:49 pm

I'd say Michigan has a floor of 5-7 and a ceiling of 10-2 based on what we know today. They have a lot of talent that could respond to the new staff or not. I'm honestly still a little snake-bitten from last year's shit show. I subscribe to the Athletic because it's $1/month and Stewart Mandel has Michigan going 6-6, beating Washington and going 3-6 in the B1G. If Michigan beats Washington, I think you're looking at 3-0 in non-conference and no less than 6 wins in the B1G. I'll hedge my bets and say 8-4.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:59 pm

My good friend who lives Michigan football is very worried about the defense. He knows I bet football and told me to bet the over every game. You agree?

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:01 pm

I've got both UM and MSU at 6-6.

Until Michigan can play defense, especially in the secondary, they are going nowhere. Same goes for QB. They've shown nothing for years in these spots. Being optimistic about a Michigan football season seems like fools gold.

I mostly agree with Honeyman's take on MSU. I really think 4-8 is too low of a floor though.

Oh how sweet it would be either, or better yet both, of them could beat the evil empire in Columbus this season.

I think Western will have the best record out of the state's FBS teams and will give Michigan all they want next Saturday.

Wellllll... la de frickin da

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:04 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:59 pm
My good friend who lives Michigan football is very worried about the defense. He knows I bet football and told me to bet the over every game. You agree?
I'd never bet on anything concerning college football over an entire season before we see what they've got. But yeah - I wouldn't trust Michigan's defense at this point at all.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:07 pm

Aaaaahhh.....NEXT SATURDAY!!!!!

HOW FUCKING WONDERFUL IS THAT?!?

FOOTBALL!!!!!

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:09 pm

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:20 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:59 pm
I think the front 7 will be pretty good, and the safeties should be good to great. The only question I have is at corner. That... and the new scheme I guess.

I've heard suggestions that Cade McNamara might be a captain... if that happens I think Michigan will be in good shape at QB.
Last edited by Matt on Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:38 am

I'm not a prediction kind of guy. Mainly because I am not a serious enough fan to analyze my team and the schedule.
So all I'm going to say about Michigan is we need to move on from Harbaugh. Until that eccentric guy is gone we will never be in the hunt for a playoff spot.

I no longer directly engage trolls

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:00 pm

I think that Bye State is going to be at the bottom again. Lousy sports teams. Usually, they don't even show up for the games.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:08 pm

paul8539 wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:00 pm
I think that Bye State is going to be at the bottom again. Lousy sports teams. Usually, they don't even show up for the games.
Good analysis. Very insightful. Guessing you're a Michigan fan....that didn't go to Michigan.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:43 am

MSU goes 8-4 and will upset someone in the Top 25. Michigan I think goes 7 to 8 wins and I hope the NFL calls for Jim Harbaugh and he takes the job if it was anyone but Hatbaugh they would've already been fired. I just want Michigan to beat the Suckeyes but I know this isn't the year for that to happen if it isn't Michigan that plays spoiler to OSU I hope it's MSU which I think they have a better shot at beating them than Michigan does.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:37 pm

University of Houston will probably suck again this year. No defense and most the talent from Texas will go to the Spoiled Elite Conference(SEC).

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:06 am

Michigan is much stronger in the trenches than I was expecting. I think Washington is likely a dog shit team, but Michigan absolutely imposed its will in the running game tonight. They need to show that they can pass the ball effectively, but I'm feeling better about the season. I now think that 8-4 is the floor. Our Libertarian friend Honeyman is probably much more optimistic about MSU too.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:25 am

I agree with your assessment of the Huskies. Can we just get rid of preseason polls? That team is a total shit show indeed.

Was great seeing Ohio State lose at home, albeit to a very good Oregon team (who was already ranked twelfth and now almost assuredly will be top 3). The Buckeyes threw for 484 yards, only 1 INT, and still lost! Oregon run game was outstanding. Their main guy at RB racked up 161 yards, I believe.

I still feel the jury is out on how good (or not) Michigan is. They've played two dog crap teams. I have questions regarding the pass game and the kicking game particularly.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic