Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Congratulations to Miguel Cabrera on 500 HRs!!!

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Matt

Re: Congratulations to Miguel Cabrera on 500 HRs!!!

Post by Matt » Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:00 pm

Realist wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:49 pm
Matt wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:49 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:12 pm
I was simply explaining why I'm not a fan of the guy. His professional accomplishments are indeed very impressive, but most of the "impressive" part occurred five or more years ago.
I don't have a problem with what you said... I was just suggesting that Realist wouldn't shit on your comments like he shit on mine.
I shit on your comments because you mentioned someone who had NOTHING to do with Miggy’s accomplishment. Calling someone who isn’t an athlete a lowlife was completely irrelevant to this topic.
Wrong. That piece of shit has been trashing Cabrera for years.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Realist

Post by Realist » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:07 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:00 pm
Realist wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:49 pm
Matt wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:49 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:12 pm
I was simply explaining why I'm not a fan of the guy. His professional accomplishments are indeed very impressive, but most of the "impressive" part occurred five or more years ago.
I don't have a problem with what you said... I was just suggesting that Realist wouldn't shit on your comments like he shit on mine.
I shit on your comments because you mentioned someone who had NOTHING to do with Miggy’s accomplishment. Calling someone who isn’t an athlete a lowlife was completely irrelevant to this topic.
Wrong. That piece of shit has been trashing Cabrera for years.
Why the fuck do you even care then? You self admittedly HATE baseball

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:23 pm

I own a Cabrera jersey, and I love that he got 500 home runs. He fought his alcoholism back around 10 years ago and persisted through. I'm proud that he has played for the Tigers. He will go down as the best Tiger ever when he hangs them up!

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Realist

Post by Realist » Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:47 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:23 pm
I own a Cabrera jersey, and I love that he got 500 home runs. He fought his alcoholism back around 10 years ago and persisted through. I'm proud that he has played for the Tigers. He will go down as the best Tiger ever when he hangs them up!
👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:53 pm

I agree with everything but your last sentence.

The censorship king from out of state.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:00 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:53 pm
Other than Kaline or Cobb, who comes close?

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:22 pm

Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:00 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:53 pm
Other than Kaline or Cobb, who comes close?
Well, you said "the best" and the two I was thinking of were Kaline and Cobb. So that means Cabreras third.

You could even make a case for Cochrane, Gehringer, Rogell, Newhouser....

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:00 pm

No, I mean that I would say Cobb is second and Kaline third behind Miggy, but they come close. No one else does. I think people underestimate how hard it is to hit 500 home runs. I could always pitch but never hit.

Audacity sucks.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:13 pm

Al Kaline hit 399 homers. He was an infinitely better fielder than Cabrera, and outside of Roberto Clemente, might have had the best arm in baseball. When you say "Tiger", I take that as playing while wearing the English D. Cabrera had some great years as a Marlin.

We'll never agree here. I am more supporting than many others here of what Miguel brought to the ballclub and agree he is a first ballot hall of famer. But calling him the best Tiger ever is almost blasphemy to me who worshipped Al Kaline and saw him play.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:59 am

If he wasn't so despised as a player, Ty Cobb may just be considered the greatest player in the history of the game! He's often been regarded as such by some baseball historians. Though he was a drunkard and womanizer, Babe Ruth was beloved of fans, players, and pundits and usually holds that honor.

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:32 am

I think you all are forgetting about Dontrelle Willis when talking about the greatest Tiger.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Realist

Post by Realist » Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:21 am

Matt wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:32 am
I think you all are forgetting about Dontrelle Willis when talking about the greatest Tiger.
For once we agree on something, as your obvious sarcasm is overwhelming there.

Dave DUMBbrowski made one of the most stupidest decisions when it can to Dontrelle, extending his contract by 2 years and multi millions before he threw ONE PITCH for us. 🤬😡🤬😡🤬 That came back to bite us in the ass big time. Marlins must have known he stunk and was on the decline when they threw him in on Miggy’s trade.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic