Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Hack Chris Solari trying to manufacture drama in EL

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Matt

Hack Chris Solari trying to manufacture drama in EL

Post by Matt » Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:39 pm

Anyone whose read my posts in the last few years knows that my 2 favorite pastimes are 1) Dunking on TCT and 2) Shitting on MSU. Both are generally low hanging fruit for me, but today I'm going to flip the script on the second item. Chris Solari is a fucking hack; also fuck his headline writer for this clickbait title:
Sources: Michigan State president blocking Tom Izzo as interim athletic director
https://www.freep.com/story/sports/coll ... 197521002/
A growing confrontation at Michigan State University over its athletic director search between President Samuel Stanley and members of the school’s Board of Trustees is leaving the biggest name in East Lansing in limbo.

Tom Izzo.

Sources within the university’s administration confirmed to the Free Press on Wednesday and Thursday that a group of trustees approached Izzo about running the athletic department in an interim capacity while a national search is conducted.

The Hall of Fame basketball coach agreed to do so in the best interest of the university until a new athletic director could be found. Izzo would not be considered for the permanent job and wants to continue coaching.
The AD likely reports to the President, and the existing AD will be working for the President. Why would there be a need to have an interim AD when it appears an appointment is imminent? It also seems like Izzo isn't really interested but had been persuaded to step in AND continue coaching. I'm not sure what the value in "reporting" this drivel is - it doesn't pass the smell test.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Honeyman

Re: Hack Chris Solari trying to manufacture drama in EL

Post by Honeyman » Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:28 am

I pretty much agree with you Matt, though I have zero inside knowledge and really only know what I read from the MSU blogs and interpret it. But to me, there is nothing to see here. Someone, or some people approached Izzo for whatever reason and asked him if he'd be interested in being the interim AD. He says sure, whatever you guys need if that is what you want. Stanley says hold on, we are almost done, no need to go there, which pretty much tells me it's gonna be Haller, as MSU loves to promote from within. But the fucked-up MSU BOT has to start whining because they are being left out and that's what they do. They might have leaked the story to Solari.

The censorship king from out of state.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:31 pm

Other than following the Houston Cougars(if they are decent), my interest in college football is a shell of what it was. Then, this damn SEC power grab. May as well call it minor league football.
Last edited by MotorCityRadioFreak on Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:01 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:28 am
I pretty much agree with you Matt, though I have zero inside knowledge and really only know what I read from the MSU blogs and interpret it. But to me, there is nothing to see here. Someone, or some people approached Izzo for whatever reason and asked him if he'd be interested in being the interim AD. He says sure, whatever you guys need if that is what you want. Stanley says hold on, we are almost done, no need to go there, which pretty much tells me it's gonna be Haller, as MSU loves to promote from within. But the fucked-up MSU BOT has to start whining because they are being left out and that's what they do. They might have leaked the story to Solari.
Winner, winner, chicken dinner: https://www.freep.com/story/sports/coll ... 681149001/

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic