Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

The guy that was too afraid to fire rape enablers Izzo and Dantonio gets a new job

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Matt

The guy that was too afraid to fire rape enablers Izzo and Dantonio gets a new job

Post by Matt » Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:33 pm

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Honeyman

Re: The guy that was too afraid to fire rape enablers Izzo and Dantonio gets a new job

Post by Honeyman » Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:42 pm

:lol: Triggered much?!?

The censorship king from out of state.

Matt

Re: The guy that was too afraid to fire rape enablers Izzo and Dantonio gets a new job

Post by Matt » Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:09 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:42 pm
:lol: Triggered much?!?
No, I'm not Keith Appling.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

BME

Post by BME » Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:36 pm

What about all the folks at UM who failed to act on rape enabler Bo?

I mean, Bo actually knew the guy he was enabling for 20 years.

What do they say about folks in glass houses?

Crawl back into your cave.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:55 am

BME wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:36 pm

Bo has been dead for nearly 15 years, retired from U-M for 30. Rape enabler and general angry man Tom Izzo is still working for MSU and occasionally assaulting his student-athletes. The question is: will they even fire the 🤡 when he has his Bobby Knight moment?

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:32 am

Matt wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:55 am
BME wrote:

Bo has been dead for nearly 15 years, retired from U-M for 30. R
Then you agree his statue should be torn down and the football building be renamed due to his enabling?

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:52 am

No.

Graham Wellington

Post by Graham Wellington » Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:56 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:52 am
No.
Come on Honeyman, don't you know that once you die, you are instantly absolved from all your past bad behavior? Sure, he allowed this doctor to rape players for decades in exchange for the doc rubber stamping injured players to play. But he's dead, so forget about that and just remember all he did for the team, the team, the team.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:28 pm

Graham Wellington wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:56 pm
Matt wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:52 am
No.
Come on Honeyman, don't you know that once you die, you are instantly absolved from all your past bad behavior? Sure, he allowed this doctor to rape players for decades in exchange for the doc rubber stamping injured players to play. But he's dead, so forget about that and just remember all he did for the team, the team, the team.
You're right, Graham....dunno what I was thinking. They actually should build another statue honoring Bo and put it at the football buildings back door. Seems appropriate.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:00 am

Bo was A.D. toward the end of his U-M tenure. He did nothing to stop Dr. Anderson. That alone should be grounds for disqualifying him from the honor of having statues and namesake buildings on campus. I don't buy that he was completely in the dark or unable to connect the dots regarding Anderson's abhorrent behavior.

As far as Hollis goes, my guess is Dan Gilbert played a major role in landing him the new job.

Edit: this pretty much confirms my hunch...
Since leaving Michigan State amid the Larry Nassar scandal in January 2018, Hollis has been serving as the president of Rock Ventures and has aided in creating the Rocket Mortgage Classic and the Forbes Under 30 Summit.
Rock Ventures is Gilbert's mothership. The DSC is not Hollis' full time job; it's just a chairmanship of a (presumably non-profit) commission. His full time job, which likely pays extremely handsomely, is President of Rock Ventures.

BTW, I'd love to know the back story on Stephen Ross backing out of the $300 million development project in partnership with U-M on the "Fail Jail" site owned by Gilbert.

I suspect Mr. Ross wasn't a big fan of having to partner with Hollis. The optics of U-M being in a joint venture with a company run by MSU's disgraced former A.D. wouldn't look terribly good to U-M partisans.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:16 pm

I don't understand the Hollis hatred when it comes to the man being able to make a living.

Should he ever work in college sports again? No.

But dealing with pro sports event management/marketing? The man has an outstanding track record and is a valuable asset to the region. Just him away from positions where doctors and students are involved.

Wellllll... la de frickin da

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:13 am

Honeyman wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:32 am
Matt wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:55 am
BME wrote:

Bo has been dead for nearly 15 years, retired from U-M for 30. R
Then you agree his statue should be torn down and the football building be renamed due to his enabling?
I agree.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic