Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

UM cover-up on Anderson continues.

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Honeyman

UM cover-up on Anderson continues.

Post by Honeyman » Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:22 pm

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 962556002/

UM police detective who investigated Dr. Robert Anderson being reassigned to road patrol

"It’s retaliatory," said Stone. "He exposed things (the university) didn’t want exposed and now he is paying a price."

The censorship king from out of state.

Matt

Re: UM cover-up on Anderson continues.

Post by Matt » Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:31 pm

What a bullshit, one-sided article. This isn't a cover up by any means. U-M commissioned and publicly released an INDEPENDENT report on Anderson. Quot being a drama queen.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Realist

Post by Realist » Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:55 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:31 pm
What a bullshit, one-sided article. This isn't a cover up by any means. U-M commissioned and publicly released an INDEPENDENT report on Anderson. Quot being a drama queen.
My brother in law has worked for UM DPS for over 20 years. I’ve heard stories about this department for years - and as of late, they’re not good at all. They have a bunch of overpaid idiots running the department who are trying to sweep things under the rug consistently. I’m aware of another incident involving a football player that’s eventually going to come down that will embarrass them even more than this.

Personally, I’m glad this story got out. Hopefully it results in changes in the police administration there

BME

Post by BME » Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:37 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:31 pm
Speaking of BS ...

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:54 pm

Remember that whole Zavier Simpson bullshit when he crashed the car of the AD? Drunk driving, ran into a light post, denied he was driving. Fucking UM police let him off when the whole world knew he was guilty.

Leaders and best, my ass.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:53 am

Honeyman wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:54 pm
Remember that whole Zavier Simpson bullshit when he crashed the car of the AD? Drunk driving, ran into a light post, denied he was driving. Fucking UM police let him off when the whole world knew he was guilty.

Again, interesting that an MSU alum is calling out an event that involved a former U-M athlete while ignoring mountains of evidence that getting MSU players out of legal trouble in EL was SOP. It's also worth noting that the incident was handled by AAPD, NOT U-M DPSS, but don't let facts get in the way! The driver's seat position was indicative of Simpson NOT driving: https://www.freep.com/story/sports/coll ... 893787002/

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:33 am

Matt wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:53 am
Honeyman wrote:

The driver's seat position was indicative of Simpson NOT driving: https://www.freep.com/story/sports/coll ... 893787002/
WTF?!? HE ADMITTED HE WAS DRIVING! Of course, a week after the fact:
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... recked-car

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:56 pm

U-M PD probably botched (perhaps intentionally) the Brendan Gibbons rape allegations and ensuing investigation.

Never heard of detectives routinely being rotated in and out between detective duty and patrol duty. That is a bizarre policy.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:43 pm

Honeyman wrote:

They didn't let him off he got a $130 ticket once he confessed to driving.
On the night of the incident the cops couldn't place him in the car either by direct observation, eyewitness, or confession. So they can't issue a ticket or give a breathalyzer to just anybody standing around a street corner at 3 AM.

I no longer directly engage trolls

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:38 pm

FINALLY, some national attention will get paid to this horrific scandal.

https://twitter.com/reporterdavidj/stat ... 17411?s=21

ABUSE AT UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN: More than a thousand collegiate athletes at the University of Michigan have accused a former doctor at the athletic department, Robert Anderson, of sexual assault dating as far back as the 1960’s. Despite more than a dozen reports to Michigan coaches and staff, the university did not take strong measures to address the harrowing conduct for nearly fifty years, and the abuse is only now coming to light. Kavitha Davidson reports. Producer: Maggie Burbank.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:17 am

Honeyman wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:38 pm
FINALLY, some national attention will get paid to this horrific scandal.

https://twitter.com/reporterdavidj/stat ... 17411?s=21

ABUSE AT UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN: More than a thousand collegiate athletes at the University of Michigan have accused a former doctor at the athletic department, Robert Anderson, of sexual assault dating as far back as the 1960’s. Despite more than a dozen reports to Michigan coaches and staff, the university did not take strong measures to address the harrowing conduct for nearly fifty years, and the abuse is only now coming to light. Kavitha Davidson reports. Producer: Maggie Burbank.
It’s bad. Still a Michigan fan but wow….

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:12 am

I don't usually peruse The Stadium. But the wife had a rough night and I don't want to start rambling around the house and wake her.

Anyway, am I using my head for self proctology saying this?:

Robert Anderson died in 2008. The dude is dead. It's not quite possible to take him to court. Yeah, sure he's probably guilty. If I was UofM, that would be my defense. "I dunno, let's ask him. Oh wait, we can't". Case dismissed.

There's no doubt in my mind, most of the people coming out of the woodwork now smell money, and never met the dude.

Why not? Just pull some story out of thin air. Who's going to rebuke it?

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:38 am

The first airing will be on HBO Real Sports tonight.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mlive. ... utType=amp

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:32 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:38 am

Don't have HBO but hopefully this will be on YouTube. It's time we stop hiding the truth.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:31 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:32 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:38 am

Don't have HBO but hopefully this will be on YouTube. It's time we stop hiding the truth.
I'll search for a link, MCRF.

God knows, nothing will be said about this on the freep or detnews.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic