Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

UM cover-up on Anderson continues.

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Honeyman

Re: UM cover-up on Anderson continues.

Post by Honeyman » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:04 pm

The censorship king from out of state.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:41 am

Just found out Xfinity has an HBO Max preview so I will watch it there. Like you said, God forbid a local paper or local TV news cover it. I refuse to ignore sexual abuse.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:24 am

I don't think it will tell you anything you don't know if you have been following this story, however seeing and hearing Vaughn and others speak emphasizes their sincerity. And the attention the story hopefully brings on a national level is long needed.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:46 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:24 am
I don't think it will tell you anything you don't know if you have been following this story, however seeing and hearing Vaughn and others speak emphasizes their sincerity. And the attention the story hopefully brings on a national level is long needed.
Honestly, how hard is it to say, "We fucked up, we're doing x,y, and z to limit the chance that it happens again." As I have said in other threads, my friend's family gave their season tickets back after all this broke. My friend was one of the biggest U-M supporters especially after he graduated there three years ago. He had ticket stubs of all the games he attended since he was 4. He met Lloyd as a kid and played high school football with dreams of wearing maize and blue. Now, he is ashamed of his degree. It's beyond sad to me.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:15 am

Enabler Bo's statue vandalized. Good....this is bringing more national attention to the scandal.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 746817002/

"It's hit me pretty hard that you will be more angry, obstinate and focused on ... searching out the people that defaced a bronze statue, yet you have individuals that still work at the University of Michigan that were the gatekeeper to (Anderson)," Jon Vaughn said.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:46 am

UM REMOVES VAUGHN'S ENCAMPMENT

Saw this buried in the Freep this morning. Then realized it was from the AP, not even one of the local beat writers.

Love the obligatory "We cannot comment further, pursuant to the ongoing confidential mediation and federal court orders."

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/ ... 424369002/

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:45 am

Honeyman wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:46 am
UM REMOVES VAUGHN'S ENCAMPMENT

Saw this buried in the Freep this morning. Then realized it was from the AP, not even one of the local beat writers.

Love the obligatory "We cannot comment further, pursuant to the ongoing confidential mediation and federal court orders."

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/ ... 424369002/
Good, this was part of the settlement. You can't agree to a payout and NOT comply with the actual agreement.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:31 am

His plan was to leave peacefully this weekend. So why tear it down now, with or without cameras there? He's just going to show up again this weekend to do the rally he was intending to hold anyway. Now people are actually paying attention because UM strong armed him. More people will probably show up and the media might actually cover it. It's just not a smart move, sort of like MSU with any number of things over the years. These schools have no idea how poorly they handle things until its too late.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:08 pm

The agreement was announced nearly 2 months ago. He had plenty of time to vacate. If they had booted him prior to the settlement, you would have a point. The president's house is currently sitting vacant.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic