Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Sex abuse crisis at Michigan extends into basketball

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Honeyman

Sex abuse crisis at Michigan extends into basketball

Post by Honeyman » Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:35 am

ANN ARBOR, Mich. – Local 4 is learning more of the 800-plus former University of Michigan athletes who have come forward accusing Dr. Robert Anderson of sexual abuse during exams.

“My clients predominately are basketball players, and a number of them highly recognizable names,” said attorney Ven Johnson.

Johnson with Johnson Law represents 21 men who said they endured the invasive exams by Anderson -- 18 of them, Michigan basketball athletes, played in the 1960s, 70s and 80s for three different coaches.

Dave Strack coached the Wolverines from 1960 until 1968. Johnson said Strack was told of the abuse.

“From my clients’ testimony, as it will be in court, that he did nothing,” he said on whether Strack reported the abuse to athletic director Don Canham.

In terms of Strack’s response, Johnson said “Pretty much the same as Bo, they laughed about it.”

Bo Schembechler has been the recent focus of the scandal with his family and some former players coming to his defense as others said he knew and did nothing.

But according to Johnson, that’s not what the focus should be.

“This is something bigger than Bo, this is something bigger than U of M. These are people. These are survivors. These are not people making up stories. They’re not people who are looking to get rich out of a little lawsuit. These are real people,” he said.

Johnson said the university so far apologizing only what Anderson did is not enough.

“He was just an incredible predator, And the only way that this can happen is if there is this ongoing -- what I’m going to call-- ‘inside cover up,’” he said."

https://www.clickondetroit.com/all-abou ... l-players/

The censorship king from out of state.

craig11152

Re: Sex abuse crisis at Michigan extends into basketball

Post by craig11152 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:55 am

Honeyman wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:35 am
They’re not people who are looking to get rich out of a little lawsuit. These are real people,” he said.
Johnson said the university so far apologizing only what Anderson did is not enough.
Says the ambulance chaser trying to "get rich" one lawsuit at a time.
I'm not downplaying what happened at the U and I am not pretending key people were oblivious.
But I am suggesting a legitimate source of reliable information is never going to be a lawyer suing somebody.

I no longer directly engage trolls

km1125

Post by km1125 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:46 am

craig11152 wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:55 am
Honeyman wrote:
They’re not people who are looking to get rich out of a little lawsuit. These are real people,” he said.
I'm not downplaying what happened at the U and I am not pretending key people were oblivious.
But I am suggesting a legitimate source of reliable information is never going to be a lawyer suing somebody.
100%

Graham Wellington

Post by Graham Wellington » Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:30 pm

km1125 wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:46 am
craig11152 wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:55 am
Honeyman wrote:
100%
Interesting that the only thing you highlighted out of Craig's post that you agree with is the last line. Still questioning whether any of this happened, huh? Still think key people were oblivious to all of this? Anything for the team, the team, the team....

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:53 am

I have personal friends who know Ven. He is one of the good guys out there.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic