Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Michigan Slappy comes to Bo's Rescue

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
G G

Re: Michigan Slappy comes to Bo's Rescue

Post by G G » Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:03 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:55 am
G G wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:21 am
Matt wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:08 am
G G wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:29 pm
I've heard enough. If this turns out to be 1/3 true, then Michigan should have to forfeit all championships won during the period this guy was employed. It doesn't really matter because they only won a couple of bowl games and some Big Ten Championships. Bo couldn't win a National Championship. But The U of M should also close down all athletics. The role of people like Bo and Canham was to protect and develop these people to be good citizens. Their first lessons as adults were that you can exploit whoever you want as long as you can deliver something that someone else wants. Sickening.
Your athletic knowledge begins and ends at sucking off horses. Your comments are not needed here, son.
you can accuse me of sucking off a horse, but with no evidence, its just an accusation.

This thread is evidence of you sucking off the enabler of a dead pedophile.

Which one's worse? Who nose!
Robert Anderson is definitely a monster, but there is only one allegation of pedophilia.
lmao "its just one kid!"

Matt's a classy fella.

Donald Trump was and is the best president this country has ever had. And he will return to glory as our leader again.

G G

Post by G G » Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:08 pm

Robert Faygo wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:49 am
G G wrote:
I've heard enough. If this turns out to be 1/3 true, then Michigan should have to forfeit all championships won during the period this guy was employed. It doesn't really matter because they only won a couple of bowl games and some Big Ten Championships. Bo couldn't win a National Championship. But The U of M should also close down all athletics. The role of people like Bo and Canham was to protect and develop these people to be good citizens. Their first lessons as adults were that you can exploit whoever you want as long as you can deliver something that someone else wants. Sickening.
Dumbest take ever.

Vacating wins / championships in cases like this does nothing to help victims who played and earned those wins, no matter the school involved.

Want to rewrite the history books for what an individual coach's record reads? Have at it. Even then, not sure how exactly that punishes dead people or, more importantly, provides incentive for people in those positions today to do the right thing.
I can accept that as fair, but I also do believe that if this bears out as true, that the NCAA should take action against the school, which would include removal of the U of M from the NCAA. This type of thing cannot go on for years, decades, without someone knowing and protecting it. There needs to be a precedent set here that will make this so unappetizing in the future that no one else will stoop to the lows that Bo and company did.

Donald Trump was and is the best president this country has ever had. And he will return to glory as our leader again.

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:55 pm

The NCAA itself is an abject failure.

If they cared about what was in the best interest of student athletes, there would be better systems across the board to give schools better tools to better vet the people, especially doctors, that have destroyed so many young adults in the name of competition and money.

They all need to do better.

Wellllll... la de frickin da

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:27 pm

Robert Faygo wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:55 pm

If they cared about what was in the best interest of student athletes, there would be better systems across the board to give schools better tools to better vet the people, especially doctors, that have destroyed so many young adults in the name of competition and money.

100% NCAA is a fucking joke. They make billions on college athletics, and the kids get a scholarship out of it. Unless of course you go to a school like Kansas, who the NCAA "socks with" tons of serious violations and...... nothing happens. Except Dollar Bill gets a lifetime contract. Very fair. It is a powerless, gutless, feckless institution and needs to be abolished.

Back to the subject of the thread, there was a UM regent meeting today, and despite the anally abused elepha...er....Wolverine in the room, it appears nothing was addressed.

The censorship king from out of state.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:12 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:27 pm
Robert Faygo wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:55 pm

100% NCAA is a fucking joke. They make billions on college athletics, and the kids get a scholarship out of it. Unless of course you go to a school like Kansas, who the NCAA "socks with" tons of serious violations and...... nothing happens. Except Dollar Bill gets a lifetime contract. Very fair. It is a powerless, gutless, feckless institution and needs to be abolished.

Back to the subject of the thread, there was a UM regent meeting today, and despite the anally abused elepha...er....Wolverine in the room, it appears nothing was addressed.
Today was the budget presentation, and the University is constitutionally required to have an approved budget by the start of the fiscal year on 7/1. The budgets approved include each campus, Michigan Medicine, and Athletics.. Most years (including this year, as it turns out) that is not a problem. Last year, the budget was not approved and an emergency meeting had to be called on 6/29 to get the budget passed.

The Anderson payout negotiation is ongoing. There was nothing to be gained by grandstanding.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:22 pm

Gotcha'. The university has ignored this for 50+ years, why stop now.

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:27 pm

G G wrote:
Please, next time you comment, comment responsibly....

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:35 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:22 pm
What could you possibly expect? The University is actively working on a settlement. The Regents have apologized.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:54 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:35 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:22 pm
What could you possibly expect? The University is actively working on a settlement. The Regents have apologized.
"We condemn and apologize for the tragic misconduct of the late Dr. Robert Anderson, who left the University 17 years ago and died 13 years ago."

Very sincere. Especially after Schissel buried it for almost 2 years. UM fucked up. After seeing how horribly MSU and PSU fucked up similar situations, they didn't learn a thing, and still screwed it up. Ignore the victims. It'll go away. Keep those black and white pictures of Anderson in the press too. Make sure everybody knows he's very dead. But the victims aren't. Bo's statue is still up despite he knew. His name is still on the football building despite he knew.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:13 am

The continued references in the U-M's official statements about Anderson "being dead 13 years" and "leaving the university 17 years ago" is definitely in poor taste and could certainly be construed as an attempt to diminish the relevance of the travesties that occurred over several decades.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:41 pm

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/coll ... 745338002/

Disgusting. To my read, this constitutes victim shaming:

"Yearly physicals by family doctors, or athletic physicals by a university doctor were the same physicals as performed by the United States military. There was no reason to suspect abuse in those circumstances. If Coach Schembechler was aware of any criminal or sexual abuse, as we stated above, in our opinion, he would have been outraged and acted immediately. It is reasonable to assume that Coach Schembechler, like many at the time, believed the physicals were not abusive but rather performed in accordance with standard medical practices."

"All of us received physicals to play football at Michigan. Many of us never thought at any time we had been abused during the process. And, subsequently nothing was reported to Bo. One of the strengths of Coach Schembechler was to motivate players to be better than they thought they could be. Bo always expected the best from us because he held himself to the same standard. The effort to destroy Coach Schembechler’s reputation and legacy will not go unchallenged by those of us who knew him. Just because he isn’t present doesn’t mean he’s not here."

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:20 pm

Again, what did they actually say to anybody when they complained?? In that latest article, it has one quote: “that Dr. Anderson played with my genitals and he put his finger in my anus.” Has anybody on this board been tested for a hernia? Has anybody on this board been tested for a prostate issue with a DRE? Do every one of those tests constitute a sexual assault??

I'm not a doctor and I don't know if either or both of those tests are necessary for athletes, so you might argue that they were unnecessary and therefore "abusive". There might have been **some cases** where Anderson clearly stepped over the line and if he were still alive should have to answer for those, but those days are long past.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:41 pm

km1125 wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:20 pm
Again, what did they actually say to anybody when they complained?? In that latest article, it has one quote: “that Dr. Anderson played with my genitals and he put his finger in my anus.” Has anybody on this board been tested for a hernia? Has anybody on this board been tested for a prostate issue with a DRE? Do every one of those tests constitute a sexual assault??

I'm not a doctor and I don't know if either or both of those tests are necessary for athletes, so you might argue that they were unnecessary and therefore "abusive". There might have been **some cases** where Anderson clearly stepped over the line and if he were still alive should have to answer for those, but those days are long past.
WHAT THE FUCK IS THE MATTER WITH YOU?!? DId you bother to listen to what these guys said? Richard Goldman was given the finger in the anus....when he came in for a migraine! Other players had knee injuries, shoulder injuries, the flu....they were given the finger in the anus. Their dicks were blown on. Their balls were fondled.

You want to defend Bo, have at it. But if you're going to bat for Anderson, you are one sick individual.

Graham Wellington

Post by Graham Wellington » Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:32 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:41 pm
km1125 wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:20 pm

WHAT THE FUCK IS THE MATTER WITH YOU?!? DId you bother to listen to what these guys said? Richard Goldman was given the finger in the anus....when he came in for a migraine! Other players had knee injuries, shoulder injuries, the flu....they were given the finger in the anus. Their dicks were blown on. Their balls were fondled.

You want to defend Bo, have at it. But if you're going to bat for Anderson, you are one sick individual.

These are tough times for Walmart Wolverine. After years of believing that the football team for the school they stood no chance of ever attending was invincible, Appalachian State happened. That started the domino effect. Bad losses, terrible efforts, average (at best) football. New coaches came in, same results. Despite wearing that 1997 Co-National Championship sweatshirt well into the 2010s, they realized that their dreams have been smashed - Michigan was no longer a football powerhouse. To make matters worse, MSU was thriving and kicking their ass several years in a row.

Then, the Nassar travesty came into the public view. Walmart Wolverine rejoiced! No, they weren't devastated by the horror inflicted on hundreds of young women by this monster. Instead, they were giddy that it would destroy the MSU athletic department. They laughed! They celebrated! MSU is down, and Michigan is back baby!

Then, Dr. Anderson arrives on the scene. At first, they dismiss it. "Oh, those guys complaining were probably gay anyway and liked it". But it didn't go away. And to make matters worse, their god Bo was dragged into it. "No, this can't be happening!" They looked for ways to sweep it under the rug. "Oh, I bet it was just a normal procedure that they misunderstood. No way Bo knew about it....right? Even if he did, who cares, everyone is dead." But the reality sinks in - their beloved athletic department housed a known sexual deviant for decades. They all knew about it. And it appears more than likely that the Bo they worship also was well aware of it.

So, it doesn't surprise me that people like Matt and km1125 try to minimize this. They thought they finally had one over on MSU. KM tries to pawn Anderson's molesting off as standard medical procedure. And in the case of Matt, he responds to each accusation with "well MSU did it too!". It is laughable, only from the standpoint of the length they will go to try to justify or excuse it. They hypocrisy is amazing. But mostly, it is just flat out sad. But hey, anything for the team, the team, the team.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:44 pm

Right on, Graham.

Some Wolvies understand. MW has been right on with his comments, and I saw this from
Calder Lewis, editor-in-chief of The Michigan Daily:

"One thing current students are aware of, is a pattern of sexual misconduct on campus. Last year, they saw the university agree to pay $9.25 million to settle claims by eight women who say they were sexually harassed former Provost Martin Philbert."...

"Also last year, they saw the Board of Regents vote to fire tenured music professor David Daniels, who was indicted for sexual assault in Texas and sued by a former U-M student, who claimed he was drugged and raped by Daniels.

“This is nothing totally new to us,” Calder said. “Unfortunately, this was just like, seems like it's part of the culture here.”...

“I'm sure most students wouldn't really bat an eye at a building name getting changed or statue getting taken down, especially once they find out about these things,” Lewis said. “I mean, it's kind of obvious to anybody our age that if you cover it up — sexual assault — you shouldn't be honored with the only statue in Ann Arbor.”

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic