Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Michigan Slappy comes to Bo's Rescue

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Graham Wellington

Michigan Slappy comes to Bo's Rescue

Post by Graham Wellington » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:06 am

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 701644002/

The only thing missing from Mr. Goldman's story was how Bo's superhero cape was blowing in the wind as he flew to Canham's office.

Honeyman

Re: Michigan Slappy comes to Bo's Rescue

Post by Honeyman » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:12 am

UM fans and blowers are going to say, "See, Bo yelled at Canham to fire Anderson over this abuse in 1983. What a swell guy!" But It's just another confirmation Bo knew, and also, if the AD had firing power, why didn't Bo fire Anderson when he was the Michigan Athletic Director from 1988 to 1990?

The censorship king from out of state.

Graham Wellington

Post by Graham Wellington » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:15 am

Honeyman wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:12 am
UM fans and blowers are going to say, "See, Bo yelled at Canham to fire Anderson over this abuse in 1983. What a swell guy!" But It's just another confirmation Bo knew, and also, if the AD had firing power, why didn't Bo fire Anderson when he was the Michigan Athletic Director from 1988 to 1990?
100%. Bo knew, supposedly yelled at Canham about it, but then allowed Anderson to continue to see his players for years afterwards. Mr. Goldman's characterization of Bo as a simple employee with no decision making ability is laughable.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:31 am

Graham Wellington wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:15 am
Honeyman wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:12 am
100%. Bo knew, supposedly yelled at Canham about it, but then allowed Anderson to continue to see his players for years afterwards. Mr. Goldman's characterization of Bo as a simple employee with no decision making ability is laughable.
At the very least, Bo knew and if all Bo did was pass the buck up the chain, than he's no better than Joe Paterno since that's what he did. And that's why his statue/name was stripped from Penn State. What takes this to the next level beyond Paterno is the fact that Bo became the AD and still didn't fire Anderson and remove him from the University. You can't scapegoat Canham for doing nothing, and leave that fact out of it.

Bo could fire Ernie Harwell...but couldn't fire Dr. "drop your pants" Anderson

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:12 pm

While I think the attacks on Mr. Goldman are unfair, the question as to why Bo took no action when he was A.D. is very fair game.

G G

Post by G G » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:29 pm

I've heard enough. If this turns out to be 1/3 true, then Michigan should have to forfeit all championships won during the period this guy was employed. It doesn't really matter because they only won a couple of bowl games and some Big Ten Championships. Bo couldn't win a National Championship. But The U of M should also close down all athletics. The role of people like Bo and Canham was to protect and develop these people to be good citizens. Their first lessons as adults were that you can exploit whoever you want as long as you can deliver something that someone else wants. Sickening.

Donald Trump was and is the best president this country has ever had. And he will return to glory as our leader again.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:08 am

G G wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:29 pm
I've heard enough. If this turns out to be 1/3 true, then Michigan should have to forfeit all championships won during the period this guy was employed. It doesn't really matter because they only won a couple of bowl games and some Big Ten Championships. Bo couldn't win a National Championship. But The U of M should also close down all athletics. The role of people like Bo and Canham was to protect and develop these people to be good citizens. Their first lessons as adults were that you can exploit whoever you want as long as you can deliver something that someone else wants. Sickening.
Your athletic knowledge begins and ends at sucking off horses. Your comments are not needed here, son.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

G G

Post by G G » Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:21 am

Matt wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:08 am
G G wrote:
Your athletic knowledge begins and ends at sucking off horses. Your comments are not needed here, son.
you can accuse me of sucking off a horse, but with no evidence, its just an accusation.

This thread is evidence of you sucking off the enabler of a dead pedophile.

Which one's worse? Who nose!

Donald Trump was and is the best president this country has ever had. And he will return to glory as our leader again.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:55 am

G G wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:21 am
Matt wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:08 am
G G wrote:
you can accuse me of sucking off a horse, but with no evidence, its just an accusation.

This thread is evidence of you sucking off the enabler of a dead pedophile.

Which one's worse? Who nose!
Robert Anderson is definitely a monster, but there is only one allegation of pedophilia.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:02 am

Vaughn, who said he was "ruthlessly raped" by Anderson 45 times while he was a UM student and football player from 1988-91, called for accountability, transparency and a full investigation from UM.
At what point would a rational person say no más ?
If I was "ruthlessly raped" by a doctor once I wouldn't go back.

I no longer directly engage trolls

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:26 am

craig11152 wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:02 am
Vaughn, who said he was "ruthlessly raped" by Anderson 45 times while he was a UM student and football player from 1988-91, called for accountability, transparency and a full investigation from UM.
If you heard Vaughn speak, you might feel different, craig. He STILL considers himself a "Michigan Man" and clearly has some admiration for Bo and love for the University. I thought his speech yesterday was the most moving of the three.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:39 am

Honeyman wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:26 am
craig11152 wrote:
If you heard Vaughn speak, you might feel different, craig. He STILL considers himself a "Michigan Man" and clearly has some admiration for Bo and love for the University. I thought his speech yesterday was the most moving of the three.
I wasn't able to watch yesterday, due to "fun" circumstances that disrupted my day, but I did drive by the event when reporters were talking to people (I am at the Pauline/Main intersection daily). I'm wondering about the Vaughn number: obviously ONE time is too many, but I've seen 45 and a dozen mentioned. Did he say 45 at the press conference? Also, did he say anything about Moeller? He was the HC the last two years of Vaughn's career.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:48 am

Matt wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:39 am
Honeyman wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:26 am
craig11152 wrote:
I wasn't able to watch yesterday, due to "fun" circumstances that disrupted my day, but I did drive by the event when reporters were talking to people (I am at the Pauline/Main intersection daily). I'm wondering about the Vaughn number: obviously ONE time is too many, but I've seen 45 and a dozen mentioned. Did he say 45 at the press conference? Also, did he say anything about Moeller? He was the HC the last two years of Vaughn's career.
Here's a link the video replay: https://www.freep.com/story/sports/coll ... 704665002/

Vaughn speaks right at the end. I thought he mentioned 10-12 times, I sure don't remember him saying 45. And I don't recall him mentioning Moeller.

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:49 am

G G wrote:
Dumbest take ever.

Vacating wins / championships in cases like this does nothing to help victims who played and earned those wins, no matter the school involved.

Want to rewrite the history books for what an individual coach's record reads? Have at it. Even then, not sure how exactly that punishes dead people or, more importantly, provides incentive for people in those positions today to do the right thing.

Wellllll... la de frickin da

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:02 pm

Robert Faygo wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:49 am
G G wrote:
Dumbest take ever.

Vacating wins / championships in cases like this does nothing to help victims who played and earned those wins, no matter the school involved.

Want to rewrite the history books for what an individual coach's record reads? Have at it. Even then, not sure how exactly that punishes dead people or, more importantly, provides incentive for people in those positions today to do the right thing.
Time to dig em’ up and put em’ on trial.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic