Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Bo Schembechler's son to go public on Dr. Anderson abuse, father's failure to protect him

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Bo Schembechler's son to go public on Dr. Anderson abuse, father's failure to protect him

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:52 am

A fair question for sure, but that said, a kerfuffle with your newly hired head football coach shortly prior to the start of the season is perhaps something Canham wanted to avoid.

Matt

Re: Bo Schembechler's son to go public on Dr. Anderson abuse, father's failure to protect him

Post by Matt » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:42 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:52 am
A fair question for sure, but that said, a kerfuffle with your newly hired head football coach shortly prior to the start of the season is perhaps something Canham wanted to avoid.
What would Bo have had to gain by protecting a guy he didn't hire? You also have to remember that in 1969, the constant media coverage did not exist. The firing would not have been covered.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:04 am

According to the OL who spoke, Bo and other coaches used a trip to "Dr. Anal" as a scare tactic to the players. He mentioned one time he was so sick with a flu, coughing up blood, and still did not go in for treatment for fear of being raped. The speculations seemed that Bo knew this monster would clear his players to play on Saturday's though, so he kept him employed. Truly despicable.

The censorship king from out of state.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:30 am

Honeyman wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:04 am
According to the OL who spoke, Bo and other coaches used a trip to "Dr. Anal" as a scare tactic to the players. He mentioned one time he was so sick with a flu, coughing up blood, and still did not go in for treatment for fear of being raped. The speculations seemed that Bo knew this monster would clear his players to play on Saturday's though, so he kept him employed. Truly despicable.
If even 1/10th of this is true then Michigan’s football program and anyone involved with or working under Bo needs to be put under a microscope. Including our resident captain oblivious of a head coach.

Graham Wellington

Post by Graham Wellington » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:55 pm

Matt wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:42 am
MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:52 am
What would Bo have had to gain by protecting a guy he didn't hire? You also have to remember that in 1969, the constant media coverage did not exist. The firing would not have been covered.
It's seems pretty clear that Anderson was willing to rubber stamp clearing Bo's injured players to play. In lieu of payment, Bo just had to send the players he was responsible for to Anderson to be raped. Anything for the team, the team, the team.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:42 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:23 pm
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:10 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:51 pm
Matt wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:29 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:46 pm
“If I didn't do my part in preventing it from happening, then I’m responsible,” Matt Schembechler said. “Why now? The opportunity was there and society is ready to accept this. I don’t think as a culture we were ready to handle this in the 1970s.”

Of course Matt S. was telling the truth. Anybody who watched him speak could see his sincerity. Anybody but a Michigan slappy in denial like Mutt, that is.

The shame of the monster who was revered at the University as a pseudo-God is about to come crashing down. I just hope he can see what is happening to his "legacy" as he looks up from hell.
You're the one calling me names and letting accusations fly. If you're going to take Matt Schembechler's word as the gospel, you should at least be doing a mea culpa on your Harbaugh comments.
Not sure on Harbaugh. I think it was obvious from the black WR's comments that the whole football team knew of the situation. If you've ever played competitive team sports (I'm guessing from the profile you have shown us all here, you have not) it's a very tight knit family. I would guess the entire team was aware. But Harbaugh does seem like a very odd bird. I could see him with zero friends, no close relationships on the team, and studying his playbook all the time. I guess it's possible he didn't know.

The point I made about your grossly overpaid and extreme disappointment of a football coach still stands though. His comments insulted many of the 850+ Michigan players that were abused. He has a title and a pulpit from which to speak, and many asholes such as yourself, will believe every word since he has "head coach" in his title....for now. Point is, if he was not abused, he should have realized that many others were, and should have kept his big mouth shut.
Not to agree with Matt in any way, but it all depends on what team you are a part of as to whether you are "family" or not. I played competitively in baseball from when I was 5 to 19 and can tell you that team cohesion isn't always there. My undefeated team and senior year playing, yes, we were a family. A lot of other teams, especially the losing ones, not really.

Regardless, Harbaugh knew and shut up by all accounts. That is wrong and enabling.
Exactly MCRF. I played high school basketball and was pretty much a bench warmer. But there is still a special bond there. The higher you go and more important the games, the stronger it is. As a member of a BT football powerhouse though, you know it was H***. Especially in those times.

I could see Jimmy like a little girl plugging his ears with his fingers and not listening to reality though. "I CANT HEAR YOU!!!"
I am just going to address the elephant in the room as far as Harbaugh.

As someone who is very close with someone on the spectrum, Jim has several signs of it. I am not diagnosing it, but it’s pretty well known. He doesn’t look people in the eye continuously for longer than 2 seconds and rarely completes a full sentence during a presser. Many on the spectrum have either conflict avoidance tendencies or overreact to situations due to overload. From all I have seen, Jim falls into the first category of conflict avoider.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:00 pm

After reading the shit I did today and hearing that fat fucking idiot Jim Brandstatter spew his nonsense, it's good to know some Michigan fans have sense:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/c ... 644634002/

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:25 am

Honeyman wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:00 pm
After reading the shit I did today and hearing that fat fucking idiot Jim Brandstatter spew his nonsense, it's good to know some Michigan fans have sense:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/c ... 644634002/
I am still a Michigan fan for now. But I want action by early August. An apology from the university would be nice for starters.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:04 am

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:28 am

Understanding the culture the current President of the University of Michigan has created, I doubt anything of consequence will happen.

The current Administration went out of their way during covid to manipulate and generally ignore that the virus existed. It wasn't until staff refused to hold classes that this president was forced to take safety measures. But unlike other universities, there was no support for sick students, no tracking and no guidance to students about staying safe from the virus. Calls to the medical clinic were returned three to four days later consistently.

University of Michigan football is a meal ticket. To this president, you don't jeopardize your meal ticket in the name of integrity. Doing so would have far-reaching consequences including actually adopting an effective sexual assault policy for all students. The university is far behind other schools on this entire topic.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:18 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:28 am
Understanding the culture the current President of the University of Michigan has created, I doubt anything of consequence will happen.

The current Administration went out of their way during covid to manipulate and generally ignore that the virus existed. It wasn't until staff refused to hold classes that this president was forced to take safety measures. But unlike other universities, there was no support for sick students, no tracking and no guidance to students about staying safe from the virus.
This is patently false. U-M went remote prior to the state-ordered shutdown: https://record.umich.edu/articles/u-m-t ... ronavirus/ (March 11, 2020)

State shutdown: https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/mic ... me-orders/ (First order - March 13, 2020)

As to not providing students information, another lie: https://campusblueprint.umich.edu/students

Here are links to messages from President Schlissel that are publicly available:

March 5, 2020 - https://president.umich.edu/news-commun ... endations/

March 11, 2020 - https://president.umich.edu/news-commun ... ge-events/

March 13, 2020 - https://president.umich.edu/news-commun ... uncements/

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:16 pm

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:01 pm

Wrong again
Press releases from his office aren't exactly a credible perspective on his failings.
‘U’ faculty organize 3-day protest, demand transparency from administration
https://www.michigandaily.com/campus-li ... y-protest/
U of M faculty, staff protest over COVID-19 testing and in-person instruction
https://www.michiganradio.org/post/u-m- ... nstruction
U of Michigan Faculty Vote No Confidence in President
https://www.insidehighered.com/quicktak ... -president

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:45 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:01 pm
Wrong again
Press releases from his office aren't exactly a credible perspective on his failings.
‘U’ faculty organize 3-day protest, demand transparency from administration
https://www.michigandaily.com/campus-li ... y-protest/
U of M faculty, staff protest over COVID-19 testing and in-person instruction
https://www.michiganradio.org/post/u-m- ... nstruction
U of Michigan Faculty Vote No Confidence in President
https://www.insidehighered.com/quicktak ... -president
Just take your L. The links posted on the website are emails sent to faculty, staff, and students. You are so goddamn easy to dunk on without even trying.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:13 am

BO knows and his name needs to be taken off the building and statute as well as he let a Dr. Anderson rape his own stepson and football players and groomed a predator in Larry Nassar as Nassar worked under Anderson, Shameful that BO wouldn't believe his own stepson. I thought the former MSU president should've gotten jail time since she knew Larry was raping athletes.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic