Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Bo Schembechler's son to go public on Dr. Anderson abuse, father's failure to protect him

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Honeyman

Re: Bo Schembechler's son to go public on Dr. Anderson abuse, father's failure to protect him

Post by Honeyman » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:44 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:41 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:22 pm
Matt wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:07 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:19 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:11 pm
Cathy and Glenn are drawing a conclusion based on the fact Bo never spilled any beans to them regarding Dr. Anderson.

Not sure why they feel their deceased husband / father would divulge such gruesome info.

They are making a conjecture based on the man they knew and nothing more. Again, Dr. Anderson's kids once made similar laudatory remarks about HIM.

People like Brandstatter are correct to suggest that there is room for reasonable doubt; I will say that much.
I agree with everything but your last statement, MW. It's really not "reasonable" to believe Bo didn't know. Plus, Brandstatter's comments crossed the line to victim shaming, which should negate any impact they have, and should cost him his job as a horrible play-by-play man.
The man being accused has been dead for 15 years. There are plenty of people who will speak to his character, and they shouldn't be fired for seeing this act for what it is: trying to strong-arm U-M into a big pay out, reputations be damned!
Defending Bo's character is one thing, victim shaming is another. I believe Brandstatters comments were that.

The fact that Bo has been dead for 15 years should in no way invalidate the claims of the 850+ people who might not have been scarred for life with this horrible nightmare if he just had given a shit about them. He didn't. He was a man who allowed horrible things to happen to scores of young men. As we have heard ad nauseum, all he cared about was "the team". His statue should be removed, and his name taken off the building. In my opinion, he should be reviled, but at the very least, he should not be celebrated.
So you're not interested in hearing both sides? Don't you want to hear from Mo and Lloyd?
Absolutely! And all the assistant coaches also. Why haven't they been asked? Wouldn't a 400 pound UM play-by-play guy who covered these guys during those years think of asking their comments before spouting his idiocy?

The censorship king from out of state.

Honeyman

Re: Bo Schembechler's son to go public on Dr. Anderson abuse, father's failure to protect him

Post by Honeyman » Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:56 am

Last edited by Honeyman on Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:26 am

Awesome article Honeyman, best one I've read on this. Thanks for posting.

Solidifies my opinion that the real criminals in all this, beyond Anderson of course, were the other people that were literally trained in medicine and were explicitly told and recognized something was wrong and did nothing. This Easthope dude has 90% of the culpability for not stopping Anderson. He was his damn boss who had the actual authority and did nothing but continue to give him access. The other doctors that knew something wrong was going on, but opted to remain silent are just about as bad.

If these doctors, who were actually trained and charged with "do no harm" as part of their oath, did nothing was it really reasonable to expect coaches to accurately understand what the deal was ... using the knowledge they had of this stuff in the 70s and 80s?

So sickening and wrong.

Wellllll... la de frickin da

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:40 am

Thanks, RF. I thought it was very enlightening as well.

And when you add in the fact that Bunch’s mistrust of doctors possibly led to him not choosing the correct medical procedure for his knee, it is heartbreaking. I’d imagine there are several stories that mirror this one which makes this whole situation even more tragic.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:23 pm

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic