Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Bo Schembechler's son to go public on Dr. Anderson abuse, father's failure to protect him

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Matt

Re: Bo Schembechler's son to go public on Dr. Anderson abuse, father's failure to protect him

Post by Matt » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:09 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:00 pm
I 100 percent believe Bo is guilty. University should immediately renounce all ties to his legacy.

He is as big a piece of shit as Paterno, probably even moreso since he let his own stepson be violated sexually as a minor.
I would wait on condemnations. There will be more coming out soon from Bo's son Shemy. His Twitter is twitter.com/shemyscout.

It was heartbreaking to watch the players talk, and what happened to them is terrible. There is no defense.

Matt's story seems implausible. He only told four people before recently, all who happen to be dead. He claimed his mom was horrified, but she stayed with Bo for the final 23 years of her life after this alleged event. By all accounts, Bo adored Millie.

This is the first we've heard about Anderson allegedly being a pedophile, and when asked, the lawyer deflected to AAPS. I suspect that Matt is being used to build the foundation of a civil case. I might be wrong, but when asked what motivated him to come forward, Matt said he was doing it for the college kids. If what he's alleging happened to him when he was 10 years old, THAT should be his reason.

Matt also suggested that the family atmosphere within the program was 100% true, with the exception of Bo. That doesn't logically make sense. If I'm wrong on this, I will admit it, but we've only seen a story that is impossible to corroborate.
Last edited by Matt on Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Honeyman

Re: Bo Schembechler's son to go public on Dr. Anderson abuse, father's failure to protect him

Post by Honeyman » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:26 pm

Last edited by Honeyman on Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The censorship king from out of state.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:30 pm

What about the other living stepsons?

Why does Shemy supersede everyone else?

I am absolutely convinced Bo knew what was happening re: Anderson, and I am 95 percent convinced Matt S. is telling the truth.

Bo is a big reason - probably the biggest reason - Anderson's reign of terror lasted as long as it did. No one wielded more power on campus than Bo.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:41 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:30 pm
What about the other living stepsons?

Why does Shemy supersede everyone else?

I am absolutely convinced Bo knew what was happening re: Anderson, and I am 95 percent convinced Matt S. is telling the truth.

Bo is a big reason - probably the biggest reason - Anderson's reign of terror lasted as long as it did. No one wielded more power on campus than Bo.
There is one other living stepson. Matt never told that one, so we'll see, maybe the other one will join Shemy.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:46 pm

“If I didn't do my part in preventing it from happening, then I’m responsible,” Matt Schembechler said. “Why now? The opportunity was there and society is ready to accept this. I don’t think as a culture we were ready to handle this in the 1970s.”

Of course Matt S. was telling the truth. Anybody who watched him speak could see his sincerity. Anybody but a Michigan slappy in denial like Mutt, that is.

The shame of the monster who was revered at the University as a pseudo-God is about to come crashing down. I just hope he can see what is happening to his "legacy" as he looks up from hell.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:29 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:46 pm
“If I didn't do my part in preventing it from happening, then I’m responsible,” Matt Schembechler said. “Why now? The opportunity was there and society is ready to accept this. I don’t think as a culture we were ready to handle this in the 1970s.”

Of course Matt S. was telling the truth. Anybody who watched him speak could see his sincerity. Anybody but a Michigan slappy in denial like Mutt, that is.

The shame of the monster who was revered at the University as a pseudo-God is about to come crashing down. I just hope he can see what is happening to his "legacy" as he looks up from hell.
You're the one calling me names and letting accusations fly. If you're going to take Matt Schembechler's word as the gospel, you should at least be doing a mea culpa on your Harbaugh comments.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:44 pm

I think the comments from the other players speak volumes to back the testimony that Matt S. is giving. The University of Michigan would be wise to admit wrongdoing and save their reputation. I know that I won't spend another dollar buying Michigan gear without an explicit apology. Won't visit Ann Arbor either(sorry Matt).

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:51 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:29 pm
Honeyman wrote:

You're the one calling me names and letting accusations fly. If you're going to take Matt Schembechler's word as the gospel, you should at least be doing a mea culpa on your Harbaugh comments.
Not sure on Harbaugh. I think it was obvious from the black WR's comments that the whole football team knew of the situation. Matt S. knew Harbaugh, but not as a teammate. If you've ever played competitive team sports (I'm guessing from the whiny wimp profile you have shown us all here, you have not) it's a very tight knit family. I gotta believe virtually the entire team was aware. But Harbaugh does seem like a very odd bird. I could see him with zero friends, no close relationships on the team, and studying his playbook all the time by himself. I guess it's possible he didn't know.

The point I made about your grossly overpaid and extreme disappointment of a football coach still stands though. His comments insulted many of the 850+ Michigan players that WERE abused. He has a title and a pulpit from which to speak, and many assholes such as yourself, will believe every word since he has "head coach" in his title....at least for now. Point is, if he was not abused, he should have realized that many others were, and should have kept his big mouth shut.
Last edited by Honeyman on Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:10 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:51 pm
Matt wrote:
Honeyman wrote:

Not sure on Harbaugh. I think it was obvious from the black WR's comments that the whole football team knew of the situation. If you've ever played competitive team sports (I'm guessing from the profile you have shown us all here, you have not) it's a very tight knit family. I would guess the entire team was aware. But Harbaugh does seem like a very odd bird. I could see him with zero friends, no close relationships on the team, and studying his playbook all the time. I guess it's possible he didn't know.

The point I made about your grossly overpaid and extreme disappointment of a football coach still stands though. His comments insulted many of the 850+ Michigan players that were abused. He has a title and a pulpit from which to speak, and many asholes such as yourself, will believe every word since he has "head coach" in his title....for now. Point is, if he was not abused, he should have realized that many others were, and should have kept his big mouth shut.
Not to agree with Matt in any way, but it all depends on what team you are a part of as to whether you are "family" or not. I played competitively in baseball from when I was 5 to 19 and can tell you that team cohesion isn't always there. My undefeated team and senior year playing, yes, we were a family. A lot of other teams, especially the losing ones, not really.

Regardless, Harbaugh knew and shut up by all accounts. That is wrong and enabling.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:23 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:10 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:51 pm
Matt wrote:
Honeyman wrote:

Not sure on Harbaugh. I think it was obvious from the black WR's comments that the whole football team knew of the situation. If you've ever played competitive team sports (I'm guessing from the profile you have shown us all here, you have not) it's a very tight knit family. I would guess the entire team was aware. But Harbaugh does seem like a very odd bird. I could see him with zero friends, no close relationships on the team, and studying his playbook all the time. I guess it's possible he didn't know.

The point I made about your grossly overpaid and extreme disappointment of a football coach still stands though. His comments insulted many of the 850+ Michigan players that were abused. He has a title and a pulpit from which to speak, and many asholes such as yourself, will believe every word since he has "head coach" in his title....for now. Point is, if he was not abused, he should have realized that many others were, and should have kept his big mouth shut.
Not to agree with Matt in any way, but it all depends on what team you are a part of as to whether you are "family" or not. I played competitively in baseball from when I was 5 to 19 and can tell you that team cohesion isn't always there. My undefeated team and senior year playing, yes, we were a family. A lot of other teams, especially the losing ones, not really.

Regardless, Harbaugh knew and shut up by all accounts. That is wrong and enabling.
Exactly MCRF. I played high school basketball and was pretty much a bench warmer. But there is still a special bond there. The higher you go and more important the games, the stronger it is. As a member of a BT football powerhouse though, you know it was H***. Especially in those times.

I could see Jimmy like a little girl plugging his ears with his fingers and not listening to reality though. "I CANT HEAR YOU!!!"

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:00 pm

One of their own profs calling it:

Rebekah Modrak, a UM professor in the School of Art & Design, said the latest revelations are still more evidence of the university's failure to respond adequately to sexual misconduct.

"In 2017, University of Michigan administrators placed an accused serial sex offender — Martin Philbert — in the position of provost, overseeing (the Office of Institutional Equity)," she said. "And there were no repercussions to anyone on that hiring committee.

"I predict that the revelations about Dr. Robert Anderson’s horrific abuses will be dismissed as a problem of the past and, once again, there will be no accountability," Modrak said. "The culture at the University of Michigan is yet incapable of acknowledging flaws in ways that would provide justice and prevent future violations."

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 623755002/

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:23 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
No one wielded more power on campus than Bo.
In 1969? In his first year? He could over rule an AD before he coached his first game? Smells fishy to me.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:57 pm

Bryce wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:23 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
In 1969? In his first year? He could over rule an AD before he coached his first game? Smells fishy to me.
I’m thinking he had connections and pulled strings with folks who could overrule the AD for him.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:59 pm

Bryce wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:
This would be AFTER his first year. He had just defeated OSU in one of the greatest upsets in college football history.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:41 am

Honeyman wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:59 pm
Bryce wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:
This would be AFTER his first year. He had just defeated OSU in one of the greatest upsets in college football history.
In an interview Wednesday with The Detroit News, Matthew Schembechler said he told his famous father in 1969 that Anderson had sexually molested him during a physical examination to play in a youth football league when he was 10 years old and weighed 60 pounds. The elder Schembechler, who was coaching his first season, went into a rage, told him he didn't want to hear about it and punched him in the chest so hard that he flew across the kitchen floor, his son said.
Schembechler's first game was Sept. 20, 1969. I'm pretty sure that youth football leagues had started prior to that. I just don't think he had the power to shut down an AD yet.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic