Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Bo Schembechler's son to go public on Dr. Anderson abuse, father's failure to protect him

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Honeyman

Re: Bo Schembechler's son to go public on Dr. Anderson abuse, father's failure to protect him

Post by Honeyman » Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:17 am

Shawn Windsor with some good points: https://www.freep.com/story/sports/colu ... 662012002/

The censorship king from out of state.

km1125

Re: Bo Schembechler's son to go public on Dr. Anderson abuse, father's failure to protect him

Post by km1125 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:29 pm

I'll probably get flamed pretty good for this, but I don't believe a lot of these claims.

What did they really tell Schembechler or anyone else? That they felt a finger up their butt?? That it made them feel awkward or weird? Does anyone really enjoy a digital prostate exam?

There may have been SOME of these folks that were inappropriately handled by Anderson, and I will agree there's the possibility that SOME might have actually been feloniously assaulted, but honestly they should have come forward while he was still around and able to been tried for potential crimes. Our society is based on laws and not accusations, and merely moving forward with penalties based on accusations is an affront to civil society. I am sure some of the "accusers" see the $$ that were the result of the Michigan State case and see UofM as a nice big target. Surely the lawyers involved will help them try and make that case. EVERYTHING the lawyers say should be taken with a grain of salt, as they have a massive vested interest in making this case the biggest they can.

The latest revelations with Bo's adopted son really make me wonder if they weren't getting enough traction with the sexual assault accusations that they had to dive into some child molestation accusations to get traction. For the life of me I can't see or understand his natural mom having ANY inkling whatsoever of something like that going on and not demanding action, or tolerating her new husband not supporting her and her child in such a situation. THAT makes no sense at all.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:25 pm

So how many of the 850 people do you think are lying?

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:05 pm

Brandstatter should be fired tomorrow.

https://www.si.com/college/michigan/foo ... wolverines
On the victims...

“I got tremendous sympathy for those who suffered the misconduct of Dr. Anderson. Don’t get me wrong there, that conduct is inexcusable. But in my opinion to tie Bo to that is also wrong. Especially just on allegations. Let’s face it, Bo is being convicted with no real documentable proof – just statements. My defense of Bo’s integrity and character should carry as much weight – I think anyway, there are others out there who don’t think so – but carry as much weight his accusers. In law, isn’t every accused afforded the right to a vigorous defense? Well, Bo is gone now, and he has no defense.”

On the lawsuits...

“What are you suing for? There’s a motivation. What’s the motivation? Well, you and I can talk about it, you just said it. Fear of being labeled the guy who is accusing the accuser – same thing with me. I just – Just ask the question. How much is there a compensatory, monetary settlement that you’re looking for? There’s a motivation there, I would think. I’m not trying to be mean or lawyer-like. I’m just saying, that’s a question that should be asked.”

On Dan Kwiatkowski, victim of Dr. Anderson and who claims he approached Schembechler...

“One of the players who made the charges against him, Dan Kwiatkowski, was dismissed from the football team in 1980 because of drug related issues that he had within the team. He said – I don’t want to attack the accuser, there’s a fine line you walk when you do that.”

On Shemy Schembechler's response...

“I think Shemy Schembechler, his own naturally-born son with Millie, and Cathy Schembechler and myself are beginning to prove that defense for a man we really truly respected.”

On the donors...

“Think about the people that are the most – the highest contributors for instance, to the University of Michigan. They’re probably in the ages of 45-50 to 75-80. They probably contribute a whole lot of money. And if one of their icons is – they feel unjustly being prosecuted, I don’t know if they’ll be as friendly with their money. Who knows? I don’t know. I’m just saying that I know a lot of people are disappointed that the University hasn’t come to the defense of some of these guys, but we’re in a society and environment of wokeness that, again, you and I both talked about, putting a bullseye on your back if you come out and defense someone.”

Motown322

Post by Motown322 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:37 pm

That fat slob just couldn't keep his mouth shut...

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:39 pm

It's interesting that some are so quick to give credence to the suggestion that Bo knew what was happening and allowed it to continue have judged that he is absolutely guilty and trash people who give a counter view of what happened. These people include his second wife, his biological son (that never sued him for stopping a grift), former players (that he didn't boot from the team), and a U-M regent that was violated by Dr. Anderson. The University has apologized multiple times for the actions of a piece of shit that died 13 years ago. There is no one in the University or AD leadership that was in their position when Anderson was alive, let alone when he last worked at U-M 18 years ago.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Motown322

Post by Motown322 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:52 pm

A squirrel couldn't fucking fart on that campus without Bo knowing about it, ESPECIALLY when his players were involved... if you honestly think that something like this was going on without his knowledge you're being willfully ignorant.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:54 pm

Matt insists the MSU basketball coach knew everything that was going on in the MSU women's gymnastics department, but excuses the UM icon football coach from knowing what was happening in the football program.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:10 am

Honeyman wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:54 pm
Matt insists the MSU basketball coach knew everything that was going on in the MSU women's gymnastics department, but excuses the UM icon football coach from knowing what was happening in the football program.
I'll take "Things Matt never said", (host tbd).

My point with Izzo is that there are plenty of unanswered questions regarding sexual assaults in HIS program with HIS players. An investigation was blocked by John Engler, who you no doubt would otherwise despise.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:17 am

Matt wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:10 am
Honeyman wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:54 pm
I'll take "Things Matt never said", (host tbd).

My point with Izzo is that there are plenty of unanswered questions regarding sexual assaults in HIS program with HIS players. An investigation was blocked by John Engler, who you no doubt would otherwise despise.
The ESPN OTL hatchet job, which you called fair, tried to implicate Izzo and Dantonio in with Nassar. And I do despise Engler, an asshole who screwed the Nassar situation up even more than it was.

Other UM fans here, like MW and MCRF, are realistic about what went on for decades at Michigan and believe Bo should be held to account. You cannot see the obvious truth thru your piss yellow and blue glasses.

Also, I find the whole "biological son" and "adopted son" references used by yourself and much of the media revolting.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:29 am

Honeyman wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:25 pm
I'm guessing that question was for me.

I don't know if any of them are lying, because I don't know exactly what they said. If they said "he put his finger up my butt and made me feel uncomfortable and I didn't like that", then maybe none are lying. If they said they told Bo the explicit details of being sexually molested and Bo did nothing, then I honestly have a VERY hard time believing that, especially if more than just a couple folks actually were as upfront with him as that.
Honeyman wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:17 am
Also, I find the whole "biological son" and "adopted son" references used by yourself and much of the media revolting.
I don't think that was intended for me, but since I used a similar reference then I'm curious why you say that, as they would be factual differences. Depending on the circumstances, it may not make a difference in the expectations though.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:52 am

km1125 wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:29 am
Honeyman wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:25 pm
I'm guessing that question was for me.

I don't know if any of them are lying, because I don't know exactly what they said. If they said "he put his finger up my butt and made me feel uncomfortable and I didn't like that", then maybe none are lying. If they said they told Bo the explicit details of being sexually molested and Bo did nothing, then I honestly have a VERY hard time believing that, especially if more than just a couple folks actually were as upfront with him as that.
Honeyman wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:17 am
I don't think that was intended for me, but since I used a similar reference then I'm curious why you say that, as they would be factual differences. Depending on the circumstances, it may not make a difference in the expectations though.

Here are your points I have a problem with:
km1125 wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:29 pm

There may have been SOME of these folks that were inappropriately handled by Anderson...........

The latest revelations with Bo's adopted son.......
Your emphasis on SOME implies that many of the 850 people who came out and admitted this on the Wilmer Hale report were not telling the truth.

As far as the adopted son reference, I have a problem why it is even brought up at all. Why not simply say "son"? Is Matt Schembechler less of a person because he was adopted? Are his words less true? But constantly in every media report, and your and Matt's post, you make a point to mention it. Why not say, "Bo's fair-skinned son" or "Bo's grey haired son"? The implication is that his words are not as valid as "Shemmy's" since he was not Bo's biological kid.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:55 am

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/coll ... 698660002/

BREAKING: Dozens of ex-Michigan football players, Anderson victims to demand action from school

km1125

Post by km1125 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:11 am

Honeyman wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:52 am
Your emphasis on SOME implies that many of the 850 people who came out and admitted this on the Wilmer Hale report were not telling the truth.

As far as the adopted son reference, I have a problem why it is even brought up at all. Why not simply say "son"? Is Matt Schembechler less of a person because he was adopted? Are his words less true? But constantly in every media report, and your and Matt's post, you make a point to mention it. Why not say, "Bo's fair-skinned son" or "Bo's grey haired son"? The implication is that his words are not as valid as "Shemmy's" since he was not Bo's biological kid.
There are two sons that have spoken out so far (as far as I know), and one is adopted and one is not. No idea if one might have more or less validity to their statements.

I'm not sure exactly what all 850 folks were alleging in their statements, so I don't know how many were actually telling the truth or not, but I suspect if they are all alleging they were raped then I'd bet most are lying. We're not talking little kids here (with the exception of Matt S's statement)... they are adult men or almost adult men. If they were REALLY physically assaulted, then why didn't they figure out SOME way to get Anderson out of there DECADES ago when there was the real possibility of them preventing such attacks on future folks? One they were out of the school they would/should have had no fear of what Schembechler's 'machine' or UofM would do to them, and they would not actually have had to admit any of their own abuse, only push that he was a "bad" doctor. Enough of a cacophony would have led more to come forward eventually until he was ousted. But it was silence until there was money on the table and the defendants were long pushing up daisys.

It's not about "saving the kids", or "preventing abuse".

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:34 am

km1125 wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:11 am
Honeyman wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:52 am

There are two sons that have spoken out so far (as far as I know), and one is adopted and one is not. No idea if one might have more or less validity to their statements.

I'm not sure exactly what all 850 folks were alleging in their statements, so I don't know how many were actually telling the truth or not, but I suspect if they are all alleging they were raped then I'd bet most are lying. We're not talking little kids here (with the exception of Matt S's statement)... they are adult men or almost adult men. If they were REALLY physically assaulted, then why didn't they figure out SOME way to get Anderson out of there DECADES ago when there was the real possibility of them preventing such attacks on future folks? One they were out of the school they would/should have had no fear of what Schembechler's 'machine' or UofM would do to them, and they would not actually have had to admit any of their own abuse, only push that he was a "bad" doctor. Enough of a cacophony would have led more to come forward eventually until he was ousted. But it was silence until there was money on the table and the defendants were long pushing up daisys.

It's not about "saving the kids", or "preventing abuse".
Windsor answers your question much better than I could: https://www.freep.com/story/sports/colu ... 662012002/

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic