Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Has Tom the Midget been asked about murder charges for a former player?

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Matt

Has Tom the Midget been asked about murder charges for a former player?

Post by Matt » Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:44 pm

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Honeyman

Re: Has Tom the Midget been asked about murder charges for a former player?

Post by Honeyman » Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:02 pm

Dunno since the murder charges just were filed. I am sure Izzo will have a statement though.

Meanwhile, we know how Harbaugh feels about the sexual abuse his mentor allowed to happen to hundreds of individuals for decades....he doesn't care.

“I thought it was completely heartless. He’s not a representative of the players. So, why is that he makes these comments as if he is an authority speaking for all of us because he is one of us? You say you knew Bo one way and we say we knew him another — you have more credibility in that?”--- Jon Vaughn, former player on Harbaugh.

Interesting a supposed "Michigan Man" like you Mutt doesn't really give a shit about the guys that used to play for and wore the Maize and Blue. Just the reputation of your no longer relevant football school, and the tarnished mentor whose name should be yanked off the football building tomorrow.

The censorship king from out of state.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:11 pm

This isn't about Michigan, it is about the rapist/murderer that played for the midget. Try and keep up. Your ranting against Michigan rings hallow when you're not calling out State for not having an independent Nassar investigation.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:23 am

Matt wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:11 pm
This isn't about Michigan, it is about the rapist/murderer that played for the midget. Try and keep up. Your ranting against Michigan rings hallow when you're not calling out State for not having an independent Nassar investigation.
I am the one who is not sticking to the topic?!? You just went from Keith Appling to Nassar in one sentence.

You are about as deep as a puddle, Mutt. Everybody on this site can see thru you. Deflect, deflect, deflect. I post a thread about Harbaugh's inaction toward enabler Bo (which was front page on the Detroit News at the time), and you respond by bringing back some thread from December of 2019.

Since you deflected and brought it up again, I'll reiterate that the Nassar situation is beyond despicable. It will harm MSU's reputation for decades and cost the university hundreds of millions of dollars. The President and AD resigned in disgrace as they should have. I believe Simon should serve time in prison. But you want the MSU men's basketball and football coach to be punished for something that happened in the women's gymnastics department, yet look the other way at what went on with Bo right under his watch.

Bo knew. His name should be off the football building. Some Wolvies are open enough to see it: https://www.maizenbrew.com/football/202 ... all-legacy

BME

Post by BME » Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:51 am

Tom the Midget? Wow, did you think of that nickname yourself? How clever!

Equating an alleged murder by a Spartan alum seven years after he left the program with enabling by your punk idol Schembechler on his watch for many years is similarly intelligent. Next you'll be telling me Tom Izzo and Mark D. actually knew Larry Nassar.

Methinks you ought to keep your psychotic, tiresome rantings on MSU to yourself so as to not shatter your glass house.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:17 am

BME wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:51 am
Tom the Midget? Wow, did you think of that nickname yourself? How clever!

Equating an alleged murder by a Spartan alum seven years after he left the program with enabling by your punk idol Schembechler on his watch for many years is similarly intelligent. Next you'll be telling me Tom Izzo and Mark D. actually knew Larry Nassar.

Methinks you ought to keep your psychotic, tiresome rantings on MSU to yourself so as to not shatter your glass house.
Delete your account.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:53 am

To answer the question in the subject of the thread, here is Tom's response:

EAST LANSING — Tom Izzo tried four years ago to help Keith Appling get his life back on track after a series of gun charges derailed his potential NBA future.

Over the past few months, the Michigan State basketball coach again attempted to aid his former player as legal problems grew. But Izzo said he never anticipated Appling would be accused of murder.

“I'm trying to reserve, trying not to do what the world does and make him guilty until he's proven it,” Izzo said Wednesday, a day before Appling’s scheduled arraignment. “And yet, everything I hear, it's not great.”

Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy announced Monday the 29-year-old Appling will face a murder charge in connection with the May 22 fatal shooting of his relative in the 13240 block of Whitcomb Street in Detroit. The former McDonald’s All-American, who played at MSU from 2010-14 and was a star at Pershing High, also faces one count of being a felon in possession of a firearm, and two counts of felony firearm. Appling will be arraigned at 11 a.m. Thursday in 36th District Court.

Appling also is accused of a second, separate shooting in Jackson County’s 12th District Court for a May 2 incident. He is awaiting a preliminary examination for charges of assault with intent to do bodily harm less than murder and felony firearm. And last December, Appling was sentenced to 18 months of probation after being pulled over in Warren with 19 grams of heroin.

Former MSU teammate Russell Byrd, who also has tried to help Appling, arranged a meeting earlier this spring between the coach and his former point guard, Izzo said. Though their efforts appeared to be helping, the two shooting allegations came shortly after their contact.

Izzo said he has not spoken with Appling since he was arrested May 24 in Chelsea. He called the situation “sad.”

“I hope and pray to God that it's not true,” Izzo said. “But I have no knowledge of anything, except that I was trying to help him get back on track, as were more than a few other people.”

In December 2017, Izzo and assistant coach Dwayne Stephens visited Appling in Wayne County Jail while he was serving a year sentence for carrying a concealed weapon and attempted resisting and obstructing a police officer. Appling had been arrested three times on gun charges in a four-month period in 2016, though two of them were dismissed as part of his plea agreement.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:58 pm

I don't see any evidence of Izzo covering anything up. If you want him to testify, subpoena him. If he refuses to show up, then you can start with the accusations.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic