Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

2021 NFL Draft

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
moldyoldie

2021 NFL Draft

Post by moldyoldie » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:12 am

The annual Super Bowl for the Detroit Lions is fast approaching. Most mocks I've read have them opting for one of the wide receivers - Ja'marr Chase of LSU, Jaylen Waddle or DeVonta Smith, both of Alabama. A few even have them have going tight end again in the person of Kyle Pitts of Florida saying he's an extraordinary case for the position; where have we heard that one before! Some have them taking the big offensive tackle from Oregon Penei Sewell if he drops to #7; the team does have an opening at RT. Lately, however, we're hearing that even though the Lions have Jared Goff locked in for at least a couple years, if Ohio State's Justin Fields drops to them it would be foolish to pass up such a talented QB prospect.

Personally, I wouldn't be opposed to drafting Fields if the long term plan is in place to sign him to a second contract, assuming he pans out, while Goff holds down the fort for a year or two. Meanwhile, Pitts is being compared more to Megatron (Calvin Johnson) than to Eric Ebron.

At this point, best player available regardless of position should be the overarching draft strategy.
Last edited by moldyoldie on Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: 2021 NFL Draft

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:28 am

moldyoldie wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:12 am
The annual Super Bowl for the Detroit Lions is fast approaching. Most mocks I've read have them opting for one of the wide receivers - Ja'marr Chase of LSU, Jaylen Waddle or DeVonta Smith, both of Alabama. A few even have them have going tight end again in the person of Kyle Pitts of Florida saying he's an extraordinary case for the position; where have we heard that one before! Some have them taking the big offensive tackle from Oregon Penei Sewell if he drops to #7; the team does have an opening at RT. Lately, however, we're hearing that even though the Lions have Jared Goff locked in for at least a couple years, if Ohio State's Justin Fields drops to them it would be foolish to pass up such a talented QB prospect.

Personally, I wouldn't be opposed to drafting Fields if the long term plan is in place to sign him to a second contract, assuming he pans out, while Goff holds down the fort for a year or two. Meanwhile, Pitts is being compared more to Megatron (Calvin Johnson) than to Eric Ebron.

At this point, best player available regardless of position should be the overarching draft strategy.
Fields is a garbage QB who benefits from a crooked system at OSU. Tons of quick weapons around him. He won't even do as well as Jalen Hurts. He is fool's gold, but the Lions are certainly dumb enough to draft him.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:34 am

Camaron Cheeseman - LS - Michigan.

If I were the Lions, I'd trade up for him.

Also, Justin Fields sucks.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:43 pm

Matt wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:34 am

Nah, Muhlbach will be da man till he croaks. :P :hat

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

tigerwings

Post by tigerwings » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:22 pm

Fields left Georgia because he was beat out by Jake Fromm, who was a 5th round pick by Buffalo.

OSU's system worked for Fields, just like all their other QB's that have not panned out in the NFL.

I would like to see then trade down and get more picks. They need to built the defense.

The trade may light a fire under Jared.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:12 pm

moldyoldie wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:43 pm
Matt wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:34 am

Nah, Muhlbach will be da man till he croaks. :P :hat
Is loser Kyle Meinke still blowing that guy?

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:39 am

What kills me is I recently heard an NFL Network pundit say that Patrick Surtain II of Alabama, Jaycee Horn of South Carolina, and Caleb Farley of Virginia Tech are all better cornerbacks than Jeff Okudah whom the Lions selected third overall last year. You'll recall Okudah being touted as the best cornerback prospect coming out of college in years! :rolleyes :lol

I have to admit the professional track record of Ohio State QBs isn't sterling, or even fool's gold -- not unless one considers Tom Tupa's longevity...as a punter!

- Sydney J. Harris

Trophyhead

Post by Trophyhead » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:16 pm

There is Art Schlichter, so far as the Buckeyes passers of yore go, c'mon.

Why wouldn't you take the Oregon OT if the line needs a boost, was Goff brought here to see if he is as tough as Matt Stafford was purported to be?

Now that I am in my second half-century of getting kicked in the chops by the Lions, such transactions are viewed by myself with meager, versus massive interest.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:28 pm

Trophyhead wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:16 pm
Why wouldn't you take the Oregon OT if the line needs a boost, was Goff brought here to see if he is as tough as Matt Stafford was purported to be?
I'd take Sewel in a heartbeat, or maybe even Northwestern's Rashawn Slater in a trade-down situation. My problem with Sewel is that if he's 330 pounds at 20 years old, how big is he gonna be when he matures? I'm having Aaron Gibson flashbacks -- though granted, the latter was over 400 lbs.

An interesting trade scenario I've read has the Patriots trading up to #7 to draft QB Mac Jones of Alabama, a pocket passer the likes of which their OC Josh McDaniels works well, while the Lions take LB Micah Parsons of Penn State at #15. What I've read of Parsons is that he's another Jarrod Davis, only meaner. But does he have the teeth to bite off kneecaps? :razz :lol:

- Sydney J. Harris

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:07 am

The more I ponder, the more I'm anticipating a last-minute Lions trade-down while they're on the clock. It all depends on how the QBs fall and the offer coming back.

- Sydney J. Harris

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:22 am

If they were smart, they would draft the lineman or choose Devonta Smith. I could understand them picking a QB in the second or third round, but they can at least give Goff a shot by putting people around him. Stay away from Fields.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:25 pm

Bidengirl wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:18 pm
I wonder how many women who identify as men will be selected over men who recognize science, logic, and facts?

I can answer that for you, zero.

Why? Men are superior to women in competitions of strength and speed. And it will always be that way.

In the meantime, a group of men who want special treatment continue to decimate women's sports.
Nobody cares.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:28 pm

I am convinced he/she/they jacks off to transgender people after making these posts.

Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:51 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:28 pm
I am convinced he/she/they jacks off to transgender people after making these posts.
Trevor Lawrence?

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:24 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:51 pm
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:28 pm
Trevor Lawrence?
I personally find Trevor Lawrence to be very attractive. I don't care for the fact that this comes off at as an insult to him.

Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic