Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

2021 NFL Draft

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
bmw

Re: 2021 NFL Draft

Post by bmw » Sat May 01, 2021 10:41 pm

moldyoldie wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 12:48 pm
We also picked up a late 7th Rounder in trade.
Looks like Detroit made the most of that nearly irrelevant pick - Jermar Jefferson was on most boards as a 4th-round prospect. Amazing they snagged him late in the 7th.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat May 01, 2021 10:51 pm

Although, I think the first few Liedown picks were good, the rest of this draft really sucked for them. My Texans weren't much better with their picks, save Nico Collins.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat May 01, 2021 11:08 pm

I see the Lions also signed Jonathan Adams (WR) after the draft was over - he was the 2nd-highest ranked undrafted player, on most boards as a 4th or 5th round pick.

All things considered, I think this is Detroit's best draft in some time.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun May 02, 2021 12:16 am

bmw wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 11:08 pm
I see the Lions also signed Jonathan Adams (WR) after the draft was over - he was the 2nd-highest ranked undrafted player, on most boards as a 4th or 5th round pick.

All things considered, I think this is Detroit's best draft in some time.
Other than him, they have no wide receivers. You don't have a quarterback decided yet either. Not that the Texans do either but for different reasons.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun May 02, 2021 6:50 am

The Detroit Lions = biggest waste of time on planet Earth.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Sun May 02, 2021 11:05 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 12:16 am
bmw wrote:
Other than him, they have no wide receivers. You don't have a quarterback decided yet either. Not that the Texans do either but for different reasons.
I'm lovin' the Lions draft. Whaddya mean "they have no wide receivers"? They signed veteran free agents Breshard Perriman and Tyrell Williams, plus they have second-year man Quintez Cephus along with this year's draft pick Amon-Ra St. Brown and UDFA Adams. No, there's no Megatron or even Golliday, but the cupboard is far from bare. Besides, we'll be "pounding the rock" more than we've ever seen before in recent years! It's amazing what a solid and consistent O-line can accomplish on offense. And yes, it will all come down to execution.

And, uh, the quarterback will be Jared Goff.

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun May 02, 2021 2:57 pm

moldyoldie wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 11:05 am
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 12:16 am
bmw wrote:
I'm lovin' the Lions draft. Whaddya mean "they have no wide receivers"? They signed veteran free agents Breshard Perriman and Tyrell Williams, plus they have second-year man Quintez Cephus along with this year's draft pick Amon-Ra St. Brown and UDFA Adams. No, there's no Megatron or even Golliday, but the cupboard is far from bare. Besides, we'll be "pounding the rock" more than we've ever seen before in recent years! It's amazing what a solid and consistent O-line can accomplish on offense. And yes, it will all come down to execution.

And, uh, the quarterback will be Jared Goff.
The quarterback will be Jared Goff who sucked all of last year. By default, you have no other options. Those wide receivers are all trash.

Audacity sucks.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun May 02, 2021 4:52 pm

100% agree with MCRF.

Kiper Jr. is already speculating the Lions will (need to) draft a new QB a year from now.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Mon May 03, 2021 9:35 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 4:52 pm
Kiper Jr. is already speculating the Lions will (need to) draft a new QB a year from now.
To quote former Indianapolis Colts GM Bill Tobin: "Who in the hell is Mel Kiper anyway?"

Any fan knows this isn't gonna be an overnight success, but we now have some depth along both lines -- the trenches are where it all begins.
Goff is only three years removed from being a Super Bowl QB. We have a GM whose metier is finding talent deep in the draft and a first-time coach who reflects what this city demands in its football team. At this point I see no reason for abject pessimism.

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Mon May 03, 2021 10:45 am

moldyoldie wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 9:35 am
Goff is only three years removed from being a Super Bowl QB.
And maybe all he needs is a change of scenery. It wouldn't be the first time a player found or re-found his mojo after a trade.

I no longer directly engage trolls

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon May 03, 2021 10:15 pm

For what it's worth - most Vegas sources have Detroit as either worst or tied for worst (with Houston) in terms of Super Bowl odds. 150 to 1.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Tue May 04, 2021 8:52 am

bmw wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 10:15 pm
For what it's worth - most Vegas sources have Detroit as either worst or tied for worst (with Houston) in terms of Super Bowl odds. 150 to 1.
That's this season! It means we'll be drafting high again next spring, perhaps for next year's version of Trevor Lawrence, but he won't have to worry about getting killed in his rookie season because a superior O-line will already be established. Or he can sit behind Goff for a year instead of getting mangled like Stafford did in his rookie season.

- Sydney J. Harris

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue May 04, 2021 12:58 pm

So here's the thing - I'm cynical due to the fact that in literally 58 years of ownership by the Ford family, the Lions have ONE playoff victory. Count it. ONE. They are so far distant even from the 2nd worst team over that span it isn't even funny. I do like what they did with the draft, but I have no confidence at all that they'll have a playoff win anytime in the next 5 years, or anytime under Ford ownership for that matter.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue May 04, 2021 9:17 pm

The only way I will ever invest time or emotion in that franchise is if they sell the team. That's the only way all my Lions gear comes out of hiding. Until then, no.

Audacity sucks.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Wed May 05, 2021 7:59 am

I'll make this prediction: The Lions will be one of the most penalized teams in the NFL next season. Biting kneecaps is a fifteen yard penalty.
:razz :smokin

I see they also signed big WR Sage Surratt out of Wake Forest as a UDFA along with Adams. It wouldn't shock me if both made the final roster.

- Sydney J. Harris

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic