Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Bracketology

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Bracketology

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:50 am

It is also worth noting UCLA did just about everything in its power to blow the game in the final 30 seconds and hand the game to Michigan. Michigan couldn't capitalize.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:26 am

Matt wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:16 am
Honeyman wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:31 am
Ja-Herp was completely out coached. Clearly, had the better team, and lost.
This is a bad take. This team was picked to finish SEVENTH in the conference and was one FT make by Mike Smith at the end of the half and one missed layup away from the final four. How did the rape enabling midget's team do this year again?
Well, we took UCLA to OT and scored 44 in a half against them. :D But I digress...

Was talking about this game. Michigan lost to an inferior team. Bruins had one guy scoring, and they did nothing to stop him. Let UCLA completely dominate the pace of the game. Didn't exploit their obvious strength inside, despite getting a bunch of calls. The last 6 minutes of the game he had Dickinson setting screens outside of the 3 point area, instead of putting his ass down on the low block with Riley gone. They kept you from running those back cuts you love, and there was never an adjustment. Seriously, if Juzang didn't go down with that ankle injury, it might have been a blowout. Weren't they up by 9 then? Michigan had a very good year,, and was the best in the Big Ten. But no FF because Cronin out coached Herp Howard as everyone saw.

The censorship king from out of state.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:09 am

Yes, lead was up to 9.

Michigan had a horrible shooting night, yet still only lost by 2 and held its opponent to 51 points total.

Michigan couldn't hit a jump shot to save its ass and also missed a number of layups. Juwan can't just spray pixie dust to resolve his team's shooting woes. Michigan had four (!!!) chances in the final 11 seconds to tie or win the game on a night where Michigan shot very poorly.

You want more substitutions? Some of the guys you perhaps feel Juwan should've benched were pretty damn good defensively in the second half. Ya never know when one or more of your starter's shooting woes will disappear.

UCLA's final possession was a disaster (if you wanna talk about coaching and basketball judgment). They were lucky they escaped with a W.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:20 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:09 am
UCLA's final possession was a disaster (if you wanna talk about coaching and basketball judgment). They were lucky they escaped with a W.
You talking about Jaquez's shot? He was completely wide open in the corner for the three. He had been hitting that shot all tournament. I thought it was a great play call since everybody was looking for Juzang to take it. At least he hit the rim as opposed to Wagner.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:22 pm

Wagner shat the bed last night. Let's just say it. And it's much more than the last shot. What a disappointment!

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:57 pm

He had a terrible shooting night for sure. Those have been more common for him than good shooting nights for the past five weeks.

The thought of someone drafting him in the first round is preposterous based on his recent play.

More frustrating to me is the horrible performance Mike Smith had on the offensive end of the floor. For a guy whose college basketball career is coming to a close, I expected more.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:10 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:57 pm
He had a terrible shooting night for sure. Those have been more common for him than good shooting nights for the past five weeks.

The thought of someone drafting him in the first round is preposterous based on his recent play.

More frustrating to me is the horrible performance Mike Smith had on the offensive end of the floor. For a guy whose college basketball career is coming to a close, I expected more.
The missed FTs at the end of the half were brutal. Smith has an option to return.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:11 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:22 pm
Wagner shat the bed last night. Let's just say it. And it's much more than the last shot. What a disappointment!
Someone commented he hasn't seen a German miss more shots since the Battle of the Bulge. :lol:

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:22 pm

Smith has an option to return.
Thanks for the info; didn't realize that.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:28 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:22 pm
Pretty sure all seniors that played a winter sport get the option for another year.

format this

Post by format this » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:25 pm

Honeyman wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:22 pm
Pretty sure all seniors that played a winter sport get the option for another year.
It’s a free year in the NCAA. Every student-athlete that played in the 2020-21 season (baseball, etc. included) doesn’t have to count this year of eligibility. Everyone that wants a pass has a pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Note to WGN... bring back Steve Cochran ASAP.

EDIT: Steve Cochran IS BACK AT WGN!!!

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:18 pm

My heart aches for UCLA. For anybody who didn't see the OT finish:

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:24 pm

Instant classic! Watched every second of the game. UCLA is legit; those guys played their asses off. Took Gonzaga to the limit, but tonight, Gonzaga was just a tiny bit better.

Johnny Juzang I'm sure wishes he could have a do-over of that final possession in regulation. The ref made the right call; he clearly charged.

So happy it wasn't the Wolverines who fell victim to a buzzer beater from 40 ft in OT; my whole Easter would've been ruined! LOL

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:38 pm

Had to be the best FF game I ever saw. Feel so bad for UCLA.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:49 pm

That was destiny. There's no other word for it.

Gonna be an interesting matchup between Gonzaga and Baylor. I had Baylor winning it all in my bracket - unfortunately the rest of my bracket sucked so bad that them pulling off the upset wouldn't be enough.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic