Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Multiple reports: Lions to seek to trade Stafford in the offseason

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Multiple reports: Lions to seek to trade Stafford in the offseason

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:27 pm

Per various media reports, Stafford is requesting to be traded, and the Lions plan to accommodate him.

Who the hell can blame him?!?!!! He will NEVER win any game of consequence if he stays in Detroit, in part due to his DNA and in larger part due to the perpetual, never-ending ineptitude of the Lions organization.

If true, this means the crock of baloney the local media parroted this past week about this "not being a rebuild" is precisely that - baloney!

Yet again, the national media has scooped the local beat writers. Is anyone surprised?

https://www.nfl.com/news/matthew-staffo ... ests-trade

https://www.si.com/nfl/lions/news/rumor ... d-to-49ers

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... modate-him

moldyoldie

Re: Multiple reports: Lions to seek to trade Stafford in the offseason

Post by moldyoldie » Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:32 pm

I first heard it on WDIV Local 4 about the time you posted. I'm torn in my sentiments -- I wanted him to play out his contract here in Detroit, but am happy for him if he goes where he can make a meaningful impact for a winning team. I have no idea what he could bring in trade. With Dak Prescott entering free agency, it would be great if Stafford could land in Dallas in his home state. Then there's the Patriots rumors -- damn, I thought we'd be done with them. :razz

In other news, the Lions have hired Anthony Lynn, recently fired head coach of the Chargers, as offensive coordinator. And Matt Patricia is rejoining Belichick's staff in New England.

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:32 am

Looks like a 2-14 season upcoming.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:23 am

What exactly is the market for a 33 year old losing QB, a fifth round draft pick?

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:39 am

Matt wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:23 am
What exactly is the market for a 33 year old losing QB, a fifth round draft pick?

A 1st for sure, probably a 2nd too. He has 2 years left on a team friendly contract and is still playing at a high level. There is a lot of teams he could take over the top. N.O., Indy, S.F., Redsk...er....WFT to name a few. Belichik is probably salivating at having him.

The censorship king from out of state.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:21 am

Matt wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:23 am
we should know shortly.
But a 43 year old QB is playing a 37 year old GB today. One of them is headed to the super bowl.

As to being a losing QB its not like he is the biggest problem the 22 starters have had.

As a hypothetical example if you had two MLB pitchers with identical 1-10 records but one had an ERA of 1.2 and the other had an ERA of 6.8 it might be reasonable to assume one of them was his own problem and the other one wasn't his own problem.

I no longer directly engage trolls

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:38 am

Stafford is the most underrated QB in the league and is the only reason the last few years that they've won ANY games.

He's worth probably a 1st and 6th rounder plus maybe a prospect player.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:02 am

bmw wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:38 am
Stafford is the most underrated QB in the league and is the only reason the last few years that they've won ANY games.

He's worth probably a 1st and 6th rounder plus maybe a prospect player.
And because it’s the lions he will win 8 Super Bowls in a row with the Jaguars.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:05 am

Man, the Stafford worship is strong. Brady and Rodgers are proven winners. Stafford hasn't even won a playoff game.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:07 am

Matt wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:05 am
Man, the Stafford worship is strong. Brady and Rodgers are proven winners. Stafford hasn't even won a playoff game.
Not yet... the curse will fix that once he’s on his new team. He’ll just have to enter the stadium and he can leave again a winner. No playing required.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:09 am

There is no curse. The Lions just suck.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:19 am

Matt wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:09 am
You’re no fun.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:06 pm

Matt wrote:
....you give the answer to your own supposition.
Matt wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:09 am
Football is a team game. Rogers and Brady are 2 of the best, but played on 2 of the most successful organizations in the sport. Stafford NEVER had a running game and the Lions NEVER had a defense to help him. He was the only reason to watch that pathetic club.

The censorship king from out of state.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:28 pm

Stafford NEVER had a running game and the Lions NEVER had a defense to help him.
You're wrong on the second part of that statement. It's been a while, but once upon the time the Lions used to have a respectable defense.

Also, to reinforce what Matt wrote above, not only has Stafford failed to propel his team to victory in the playoffs, he couldn't even propel his team to a regular season divisional title in a league where there are only four teams per division.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:02 pm

Matt wrote:
Personally I don't worship Stafford at all. I just feel he gets too much blame from "haters".
I've said before NFL QB's don't have the ability to control a game like an MLB pitcher can. When the ball is snapped a QB needs his 10 players to out play the 11 on the other side to some degree or the play fails. In that regard I think Stafford takes more blame than he deserves sometimes

I no longer directly engage trolls

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic