Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

LMAO at the Lions

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: LMAO at the Lions

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:31 pm

The whole organization has been and will always be a joke until the Fords sell. You might get a 9-7 season here and there and a playoff loss once every 5 years. Garbage.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:23 pm

The censorship king from out of state.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:56 pm

They should call this guy The Dude! :lol

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:06 pm

Looks like The Douche.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:25 am

Bob Wojnowski wrote a syrupy article lauding Campbell. Barf. What a sucker.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:31 am

Two things:
1. Campbell's exhorting that the Lions will reflect the tough, indefatigable character of the city reminds me of Joe Dumars' similar exhortations upon taking the GM reins of the Pistons. The latter resulted in a championship.
2. Campbell's high-octane enthusiasm also reminds me of Dick Vitale, who burned out after less than two years coaching the Pistons.

If Campbell can last two years in the job at the emotional level he displayed in his introductory presser, I'd be impressed. If he can assemble a staff that can coach up the inevitable spate of raw talent necessary for a rebuild, this could be akin to Bill Cowher's reign with the Steelers. The question remains if the modern game and modern professional athlete will abide such an approach. Between what constitutes "roughing the passer", "completing the process of the catch", or my perennial favorite, "pass interference"; it's gotten to the point where I no longer recognize the game I've followed my entire life!

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:12 am

The dopey local press corps is drinking Lions kool-aid by the gallon and eating entire pans of cornbread.

Check out Shawn Windsor's article from this morning.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic