Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

LMAO at the Lions

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

LMAO at the Lions

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:12 pm

Remember how the dopey lapdogs in the local media - such as Bob Wojnowski - were praising the Lions for hiring Chris Spielman as a special consultant?

Personally, I thought it was a strange move, which I guess in a way befits the Lions. Why would you a hire a guy who has been a football color commentator on TV for many years to help guide your recruiting process to fill two extremely important openings (General Manager + Head Coach)?

So, what hath Mr. Spielman wrought?
-A failed attempt to land Robert Saleh as head coach, who probably knows better than most what an out-of-control dumpster fire the Lions organization is and wanted to come nowhere near it with a thousand foot pole. He turned down the Lions in favor of the Jets.
-A likely new head coach who is currently a fucking TIGHT ENDS coach in New Orleans. Gee, they can't even land a guy who's a coordinator. To make matters worse, said individual was a PLAYER on the Lions infamous 0 - 16 team! :lol
-A new GM who arguably has drafting chops but otherwise has minimal front office leadership experience, as he is pretty far down on the front office depth chart in Los Angeles. In essence, he's receiving a QUADRUPLE promotion by joining the Lions. This suggests to me anyone with even a semi-impressive resume turned the Lions down.

So far - this looks like a total shit show. Then again, that's what the Lions are! Water seeks its own level.

Honeyman

Re: LMAO at the Lions

Post by Honeyman » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:30 pm

I wanted Saleh too, but I'm going to wait and see. Patricia was a coordinator, a highly-sought after and respected one too. How did that work out? People say this guy reminds them of Vrabel, I'll take that.

I'm at the point where I always expect the worst with the Lie-Downs....and they never disappoint!

The censorship king from out of state.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:25 pm

Trickle down theory works...shit always flows downstream from the top. FORD(F***** Over Recycled Dodge) Field

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:55 am

Have the Lions vetted Dan Campbell to ensure he was NOT at the Capitol break in?

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:46 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:12 pm
-A likely new head coach who is currently a fucking TIGHT ENDS coach in New Orleans. Gee, they can't even land a guy who's a coordinator. To make matters worse, said individual was a PLAYER on the Lions infamous 0 - 16 team! :lol
Well, Dan Campbell is the assistant head coach under Sean Payton as well as tight ends coach. The general consensus seems to be he's more of a "leader" than an X's & O's kinda guy. I'd rather have him on the sidelines than an old retread like Marvin Lewis. A lot will depend on the staff the new coach hires and the schemes installed. It ain't over yet. Trades may be in the offing as the Lions have only five draft choices this year, plus Kenny Golladay is up for free agency -- the team may let him walk and save the money.

I'm still wondering if recently fired Doug Pederson will possibly be in the mix. And who will be doing the hiring anyway? Unlike many, I'd have no big problem with Darrell Bevell given the reins, but my God, somebody has to do something with that joke of a defense!

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:17 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:12 pm

-A failed attempt to land Robert Saleh as head coach, who probably knows better than most what an out-of-control dumpster fire the Lions organization is and wanted to come nowhere near it with a thousand foot pole. He turned down the Lions in favor of the Jets.
Too be fair you don't know why he made the choice he did. Maybe he talked to his wife and said something like "two shitty teams, you wanna live in Detroit or New York?

I no longer directly engage trolls

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:29 pm

Nah, I think I nailed it with my initial supposition.

tigerwings

Post by tigerwings » Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:56 pm

Robert Saleh grew up in Dearborn, so he knows all about the Lions history.

The Jets provide a bigger stage, and more money to be made. Also have draft picks to build the team he wants.

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:02 pm

The new GM should seriously consider trading Stafford for picks, even though it probably won’t be much since he’s overpaid, broken down, and hasn’t won anything. A full rebuild needs to occur.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:08 am

That's what worries me about the new GM. He is more than likely a total novice when it comes to wheeling & dealing, renegotiating player contracts, etc.

His player evaluation credentials are certainly strong, but does he bring any other strengths to the table?

originalzzmfmjock

Post by originalzzmfmjock » Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:47 am

He's been hired by the Lions. That should answer our questions right there. The Lions GM/Coach tandem are just like their offense. Three and out. Three years from now they will be out and we will be discussing the next GM/Coach team.

CurlyHoward

Post by CurlyHoward » Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:04 pm

With Campbell they might have been able to find one of the few people in football who's actually an even bigger idiot than Patricia. During his time as Dolphins interim coach he had them doing fucking nutcracker drills, subsequently getting them banned by the NFL players' association if I remember right.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:01 pm

This idiotic organization gave Campbell a SIX YEAR deal. Outrageous!

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:50 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:01 pm
This idiotic organization gave Campbell a SIX YEAR deal. Outrageous!
The guy looks like he would struggle spelling his three letter first name if you spotted him Da...

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:52 pm

Was Campbell that coveted you needed to give him six years? I doubt it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic