Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Michigan basketball looking damn good

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Michigan basketball looking damn good

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:51 am

Bad loss for MSU on the road in Maryland, but a win against Michigan would really help their cause.

The Buckeyes - a team national pundits (and myself) raved about - has now lost 3 in a row! Iowa kicked their ass yesterday.

Prior to yesterday, some people still predicted Ohio State would be the last #1 seed (I disagreed with that - they would've been on my 2 seed line). Unless they go on a nice run prior to tournament selection, I think they're now a 3 seed.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:20 pm

It's better to have a shit game prior to the postseason, right?

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

matt1

Post by matt1 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:54 am

Cannot believe that Illinois beat Michigan by 22 points.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:17 am

I figured Michigan had one more loss in 'em, possibly two, before postseason play would begin. Still, wasn't expecting the shit show of a performance that we all saw last night.

Far better to lose now (or in the Big Ten tournament) than during the big dance! I honestly don't care if Michigan slips to the 2 seed line.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:27 am

They were obviously looking ahead to the two games that really matter. :mrgreen:

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:50 am

MSU is gonna get wiped today. Spread is 12 and I dont think we have a prayer of winning. Hopefully, we can take the game Sunday because we will really need it to make the dance

The censorship king from out of state.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:56 pm

Looking pretty good for MSU at the moment. U-M's achilles heel is its short bench. U-M seems to have no answer for MSU's smothering D.

Spartan bench players are contributing big time this game.

I think the Spartans didn't take kindly to having to witness U-M's on the court celebration three nights ago. That was all the motivation they needed for today's game.

I'm not terribly surprised by what I'm seeing.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:44 pm

Three late season wins against top 10 ranked opponents.

MSU definitely will be in the big dance this year.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:01 pm

Whew!

This one's for Matt:

The worst MSU basketball team I’ve ever seen, has more top 10 wins in the last 16 days than Harbaugh has in six years.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:13 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:44 pm
Three late season wins against top 10 ranked opponents.

MSU definitely will be in the big dance this year.
I am happy for that. I told everyone don't sleep on MSU. Michigan is just banged up right now. They will be fine.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:57 am

Michigan is just banged up right now. They will be fine.
I'm beginning to have doubts. Let's face it - Illinois kicked their ass. MSU had defensive answers for U-M yesterday. Would-be opponents are going to watch that tape and learn from it.

U-M better hope its 3-ball is dropping, especially from the sweet 16 onward.

If I'm a high-seeded team (say a 1, 2, or 3), I'd be quite nervous if my opponent in round #2 were the Spartans! The only thing about MSU (and it's a major thing) is that all of their big wins this year came on their home floor. Bad late season road losses in College Park, MD and Ann Arbor. Yes, they beat Duke early in the season, but Duke is stunningly bad this year.

It'll be interesting to see if they are capable of playing as well as they did against OSU, Illinois and U-M in East Lansing against a good team at a neutral site (the Spartans will likely face a really good team in the second round).

ftballfan

Post by ftballfan » Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:02 am

Duke is so bad this year that in order to make the NCAA Tournament, they'd likely have to win the ACC Tournament!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:09 pm

No Eli Brooks = bad news for Michigan, if he's out for an extended period. Will be difficult for them to advance beyond the Sweet 16.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:07 pm

They do need Brooks for an extended run in the NCAA's. I would not think of playing him in the BTT and let him heal.

I dont like many Wolvies, but love Livers. Such a class act contacting Izzo yesterday, and a great jumper. I was certain that 3 at the end of the game was going in.

I am sure they are a Sweet 16 team, and are as solid as anyone to get to the FF....but Brooks will have to be healthy.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:46 am

Brooks played extensively and played well yesterday.

His ankle must not be injured too badly. Scored 16 points and played 36 minutes, I believe.

Can we all agree the head coach of the University of Maryland is one of the biggest assholes in Division I college sports?
Ermann noted that Maryland complained Howard made disrespectful comments toward the team's bench during their regular-season meetings.
I think there's a better chance of the Easter Bunny being real.
"This has been going on for three games," Turgeon told reporters after the game. "I've been doing this for 34 years and I've called the conference office, I've called the commissioner about what transpired in the first two games and I said I wasn't gonna take it the third game. So I stood up for my team, I stood up for me. And there's a rumor out there I said something about the banner. All I said is don't talk to me. Don't talk to me. Nothing about a banner. Never backed down. I just stood there and said, 'Don't talk to me.' That's it.
Who knows if he ever called the Big Ten Commissioner. If he did - he's a whiny snitch. If he didn't - he's a liar.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic