Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Michigan is the laughing stock of college football

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
craig11152

Re: Michigan is the laughing stock of college football

Post by craig11152 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:46 am

Matt wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:54 pm
craig11152 wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:39 pm
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:29 pm

As far as winning in the snake pit? Please. The Bucks are liable to put a 70 burger on us.
we wont win but to be clear there are no snakes in the snake pit this year
Greg Mattison won't be there?
Generally speaking nicknames like "the snake pit" refer to a loud and rabid fan base that makes it hard on the visiting team. At least that's my version.
So no snakes is a reference to a mostly empty stadium.

I no longer directly engage trolls

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:55 am

Michigans next 3 are very winnable, they'll be the favorites in all of them. If Jeem gets lucky, Covid will make the OSU game a no contest and as long as he doesn't have yet another bowl game to lose, he will try and save face with his 3 game winning streak finish. The blue wall will insist hes turned things around. Hell, according to Shawn Windsor, they already have. :lol

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/colu ... 319350002/

The censorship king from out of state.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:49 pm

I've lived in A2 since 1984 and started paying attention to M football when Bo showed up. I have a fair number of friends, family and friends of friends who are M sports fans. Overwhelmingly they/we are done with Harbaugh. The few that aren't just aren't ready for the start all over thing yet.

I no longer directly engage trolls

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:57 pm

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:35 am

Matt wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:50 am
Harbaugh isn't getting fired, and he shouldn't. He may elect to leave/retire on his own terms, but there is no way Michigan is firing him. Michigan didn't fire a verifiable Neanderthal in season after he unquestionably endangered the health of his QB. The team has looked god awful the last three weeks, and there is no way around it. They have three weeks of very winnable games. If they win the next three games, they're 4-3 with a shot, however small, of getting a program defining win in the snake pit.

If Harbaugh decides to leave there is NO ONE that you can say would for sure be an upgrade. Michigan has tried everything:

A. The Outsider - Rich Rodriguez (Fickell, Campbell, Whittingham)

B. The former staffer - Brady Hoke (Not really any, unless you count Loeffler)

C. Program hero/alum - Jim Harbaugh (Tyrone Wheatley, Mike Hart, Nick Sheridan, maybe take a flyer on Charles Woodson?)

The expectations of how a program is run at Michigan extends beyond the AD, and there are standards that MUST be followed.

I believe Harbaugh should be extended this off-season, but I think he might have to make a clean sweep of his assistant staff. Don Brown has to be the first one out the door. ND went 4-8 in 2016, and they kept Brian Kelly, but he brought in a whole new staff. How's that working out for them?
First step toward 4-3, but it wasn't pretty. I think we found a QB though, and I'm encouraged that Milton still is engaged. I think this team is either 4-1 or 5-0 if McNamara had been the starter from the get go.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:19 am

Cade should now be the starting QB which I was surprised that Milton got the start tonight.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:02 am

The defense still couldn't guard Helen Keller. That was quite obvious tonight.

Yes, Cade played great, but you could have Bidet as D coordinator providing the same results.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:58 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:02 am
The defense still couldn't guard Helen Keller. That was quite obvious tonight.

Yes, Cade played great, but you could have Bidet as D coordinator providing the same results.
Michigan has to be able to outscore teams. Also, not getting in a 17-0 hole would be a great idea.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:30 am

Matt wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:35 am
Matt wrote:
Harbaugh isn't getting fired, and he shouldn't. He may elect to leave/retire on his own terms, but there is no way Michigan is firing him. Michigan didn't fire a verifiable Neanderthal in season after he unquestionably endangered the health of his QB. The team has looked god awful the last three weeks, and there is no way around it. They have three weeks of very winnable games. If they win the next three games, they're 4-3 with a shot, however small, of getting a program defining win in the snake pit.

If Harbaugh decides to leave there is NO ONE that you can say would for sure be an upgrade. Michigan has tried everything:

C. Program hero/alum - Jim Harbaugh (Tyrone Wheatley, Mike Hart, Nick Sheridan, maybe take a flyer on Charles Woodson?)

The expectations of how a program is run at Michigan extends beyond the AD, and there are standards that MUST be followed.

I believe Harbaugh should be extended this off-season, but I think he might have to make a clean sweep of his assistant staff. Don Brown has to be the first one out the door. ND went 4-8 in 2016, and they kept Brian Kelly, but he brought in a whole new staff. How's that working out for them?
First step toward 4-3, but it wasn't pretty. I think we found a QB though, and I'm encouraged that Milton still is engaged. I think this team is either 4-1 or 5-0 if McNamara had been the starter from the get go.
Be lucky to beat Penn State, got damn lucky to beat Rutgers. We suck.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:26 pm

Michigan's defensive backs are utter garbage, and while the comeback win was nice - let's not kid ourselves - the opponent was FUCKING RUTGERS.

I never thought a Michigan team with Harbaugh at the helm would consist of so many untalented players.

Last night proved that McNamara isn't as bad as Milton, who is horrendous. Let's see how McNamara fares against Ohio State.

(By the way, Hoosiers deserve credit for making a game of it against the Buckeyes. Sure looked like the Buckeyes were en route to a blowout win.)

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:33 pm

Matt wrote:
Matt wrote:

Too bad the Quarterback Whisperer didn't have the foresight to see who should have been the starter from the get go. Had to lose to a terrible MSU team, and get embarrased by Indiana and Wisky first.

And let's not forget if Rutgers doesn't miss an easy FG, the whole narrative is completely different.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:06 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:33 pm
Matt wrote:
Matt wrote:

Too bad the Quarterback Whisperer didn't have the foresight to see who should have been the starter from the get go. Had to lose to a terrible MSU team, and get embarrased by Indiana and Wisky first.

And let's not forget if Rutgers doesn't miss an easy FG, the whole narrative is completely different.
Very true. One of the worst games to watch in a very long time. I missed the previous 3 games.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:01 pm

Pete Thamel: "The win came just after midnight eastern time on a relatively sleepy college football Saturday, and the mind-bending idea of perennial laughingstock Rutgers upsetting a program as storied as Michigan made it must-watch television. There was the entire college football world, seeing precisely how far this Michigan program had fallen. Even Michigan’s victory celebration drew social media mockery, as the sideline stormed the end zone like they’d won the Rose Bowl instead of barely escaping the stadium of the league’s perennial basement tenant…

“Michigan, yet again, looked listless and directionless. They brought a clear talent advantage they failed to exploit, exposing a lack of physicality on the offensive front and looked lost enough on defense that they yielded 486 yards and 5.8 yards per play to Rutgers. Last year they gave up 152 yards and 2.9. Forget the final score and ponder those trendlines 14 months apart.”

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:31 pm

Harbaugh needs to be shitcanned ASAP. This team is an absolute disgrace!!!

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:33 pm

Thank goodness I didn’t watch. I’d be throwing stuff at the TV.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic