Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Get Matt Patricha fired!!

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
matt1

Get Matt Patricha fired!!

Post by matt1 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:17 am

Get the Detroit Lions head coach FIRED as well as Matthew Stafford!!! >: :horns :evil: :twisted:

moldyoldie

Re: Get Matt Patricha fired!!

Post by moldyoldie » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:18 am

It's always SOMETHING with this team! >: Stafford's red zone interceptions are the latest in a long series of game deflators. Dropped passes by Amendola and Swift (again!) in crucial situations are just an extension of something that has been plaguing this team for years...the Curse of Bobby Layne! :hat

Some columnist recently put forth the idea of trading Stafford to the Cowboys who currently have QB injury woes. Would Dallas owner Jerry Jones even entertain the thought of trading multiple high draft picks for native Texan Stafford after getting hosed a few years ago in the Roy Williams deal?

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:37 pm

The curse is real. Sell the team! Stop buying their shit.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Getoffmylawn

Post by Getoffmylawn » Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:30 pm

All I can say is I wish my boss was as forgiving as the Fords are. Generally speaking, if you fail that spectacularly at the task you were hired to perform, you don't stay employed for very long.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:16 pm

That's all fine and good. And I agree that Matt should be shown the door. But I feel more strongly that Bob Quinn and Patricia should go out the same door hand in hand off into the sunset.

I also think Stafford's done. This is his last year. He won't get fired, he'll just leave town.
Him and his wife got enough to live the rest of their life. The house is up for sale (maybe even sold, I don't know).
Just like Miggy, why give 100%?. Just grin all the way to the bank. Just my personal opinion. But when you give so much money, and they are going to get that much money whether they bust their ass, or downshift a gear, I'm just saying.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:45 pm

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:16 pm
That's all fine and good. And I agree that Matt should be shown the door. But I feel more strongly that Bob Quinn and Patricia should go out the same door hand in hand off into the sunset.

I also think Stafford's done. This is his last year. He won't get fired, he'll just leave town.
Him and his wife got enough to live the rest of their life. The house is up for sale (maybe even sold, I don't know).
Just like Miggy, why give 100%?. Just grin all the way to the bank. Just my personal opinion. But when you give so much money, and they are going to get that much money whether they bust their ass, or downshift a gear, I'm just saying.
I am all for a wholesale clean out and sale of the team.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Getoffmylawn

Post by Getoffmylawn » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:35 am

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:16 pm
It wouldn't be the first time this has happened. Let's be honest, this team has a history of some very talented players electing to walk away rather than keep banging there head against the wall hoping for things to significantly change.

matt1

Post by matt1 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:47 pm

Carolina Panthers shut out the LIONS 20 - 0. LIONS are dunzo!!!

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:53 pm

matt1 wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:47 pm
Carolina Panthers shut out the LIONS 20 - 0. LIONS are dunzo!!!
I guess that's what happens when your wife becomes such a big distraction.

Audacity sucks.

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:13 am

No points against a bad team. I wish the Cowboys would have been dumb enough to take Stafford off their hands. I don’t want to hear injury excuses either- look at how many of the greats have played injured yet still performed.

The whole staff needs to go and they desperately need a QB, among other things.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:37 am

I didn't think it was even possible to get shut-out in today's NFL. :rolleyes Our boys prove the impossible is possible...AGAIN! :hat

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:17 pm

Today, from Kyle Meinke at MLive:
Patricia just didn’t say much at all about his future. Of course, that shouldn’t be surprising. He hasn’t said much on his job status for a while, despite facing a near-daily barrage of questioning about it. His team just keeps losing, his seat just keeps getting hotter, and he keeps getting asked about it in a never-ending feedback loop of suck.
:rollin

https://www.mlive.com/lions/2020/11/on- ... iving.html

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:10 am

bmw wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:17 pm
Today, from Kyle Meinke at MLive:
Patricia just didn’t say much at all about his future. Of course, that shouldn’t be surprising. He hasn’t said much on his job status for a while, despite facing a near-daily barrage of questioning about it. His team just keeps losing, his seat just keeps getting hotter, and he keeps getting asked about it in a never-ending feedback loop of suck.
:rollin

https://www.mlive.com/lions/2020/11/on- ... iving.html
Not sticking up for the Lions leadership, but Kyle Meinke, who's about to receive his 10 year mlive pin, should probably not use the phrase "never-ending feedback loop of suck."

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:58 am

Lions made Houston's last place defense look incredible yesterday, LOL.

Nice pass by Stafford straight into the hands of J.J. Watt. WTF was Stafford thinking?

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:25 am

No doubt about it - Stafford is having a bad year. His 63.2% completion percentage puts him in 29th place in the league, and his personal worst completion percentage in the last 6 years.

However, he's not their biggest problem. In fact I wouldn't even put his performance in their top 5 problems, which I would rate as follows:

1 - DEFENSE. They're giving up 30 points a game. Their inability to tackle anybody is some of the worst I've seen from this team in over a decade. Only the Jets and Cowboys are worse.

2 - Lack of a consistent running game - All 3 running backs are inconsistent, and they seem hell-bent on force-feeding Peterson. Granted, he had 2 touchdowns yesterday, but outside of that anomaly, he's one of the least efficient runners in the league. I'm tired of seeing 2nd and 10 and "hands the ball to Peterson....for a 2 yard loss." DON'T GIVE HIM THE BALL ON 2ND AND LONG!!! That brings me to....

3 - Offensive play-calling - last week, they punted THREE CONSECUTIVE TIMES at or inside the 50. 4th and 5, 4th and 6, when you're at that spot on the field, with that distance to go, you can't be punting it every time. Then, late in the 4th quarter, when they're down multiple scores, only then do they go for it on 4th down, deep inside their own territory. I can sit here and predict each play accurately better than 50% of the time. That's not good (for them).

4 - Matt Patricia seemingly not giving a shit that they suck. He sounds like a robot at press conferences. Caldwell lacked emotion, but at least he had a winning record.

5 - ok, I'll put Stafford's play at #5. His passing isn't as sharp as it has been in past years, and he's taking way too many sacks without throwing the ball away. The inopportune timing of him throwing interceptions isn't helping either.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic