Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Big Ten football!!!

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Big Ten football!!!

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:43 am

Great to have the Big Ten back in action. I hope all athletes and staff stay healthy.

Michigan looked pretty darn good especially on the ground. A very nice win, although I suspect this year's Minnesota team isn't as good as last year's. P.J. Fleck's idiotic gamble in the second quarter cost his team. Giving up 14 points unanswered to Michigan (almost 17) in the final five minutes of the second quarter was not a good look!!! Michigan looked good defensively, especially as the game progressed. Special teams was the only potential weakness.

MSU vs. Rutgers - holy shit. I cannot recall the last time one team turned over the ball 7 times in Big Ten action in fair weather. Any competent team would've won by 30 or more points in that situation, so it's clear Rutgers is still garbage! An aberration for MSU? Who knows, but if that is the "real" Spartan team everyone saw, this is going to be an unbelievably bad year for them.

moldyoldie

Re: Big Ten football!!!

Post by moldyoldie » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:34 pm

I used to think losing two seasons in a row to Central Michigan was the all-time humbling low point for Spartan football. Yes, kids, it actually happened.
I wasn't expecting great things for the Green & White, in fact just the opposite, but having Rutgers snap a 21-game losing streak in East Lansing.... :?

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:32 pm

It was great to see Chris Evans back in the maize and blue. Milton looked poised. Some Wolverine fans have said that he is the best QB in the Harbaugh era. I am not ready to crown him with that after one game and a subpar Minnesota defense. Michigan got some breaks with Minnesota's horrible punter. That's why Fleck went for that stupid fake.

I am not quite sure why Nordin isn't kicking after Moody's horrid performance. The punt block was also atrocious.

The Wolverines are strongest on the ground quite clearly. This will come in handy when the weather gets snowy. They still won't be able to beat OSU with this squad, but I expect 5-3 with losses to Wisconsin and Penn State as well.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:44 pm

Nordin is hurt. I don't know how you look at this and see that dominant of a first game ON THE ROAD against a ranked team and have such a Debbie downer attitude. Penn State didn't look very good yesterday, and Wisconsin's qb has one positive covid test. If Michigan can stay healthy, this season can be special.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:30 pm

Penn State had a flukey game against a ranked Indiana team. Their coach isn't great, but they will be fine. OSU is still OSU. Wisconsin can and will run the ball all over us just as they always have. Michigan has young corners.

The only reason I could even tell they were on the road was the loudmouth Gophers PA announcer. I think they had 500 people there tops? Road vs. home doesn't mean much any more.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:20 pm

I thought Michigan looked very good. Milton looked in control, made the right decisions, and throws a good ball. Minnesota might be overrated, and the fake punt in the 2nd quarter was an idiotic decision, but I thought the guys in the ugly helmets pretty much dominated.

Spartans were fucking awful. People talk about the turnovers but the most worrisome thing to me was the way we were getting blown off the lines offensively and defensively....by Rutgers.

It will be apocalyptic on Saturday. We will lose by 50.

The censorship king from out of state.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:08 pm

I think it will be 21. I expect something like 42-21 Blue. State always gets up for our game.

Audacity sucks.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:10 pm

Plus, we have no go to WR. I mean, Ronnie Bell? Seriously.... Besides, our defense wasn't that good other than the TD return. Better in the 2nd half but still just good. Not great.

Audacity sucks.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:03 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:08 pm
I think it will be 21. I expect something like 42-21 Blue. State always gets up for our game.
We lost by 5 TD's last year.

TC doesn't Talk

Post by TC doesn't Talk » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:05 pm

:lol

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:29 pm

Wisky-Nebraska game cancelled. So it begins......

Too bad they can't cancel the train wreck in AA on Saturday.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:19 am

The spread is 24 1/2. I like State to cover.

Audacity sucks.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:29 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:19 am
The spread is 24 1/2. I like State to cover.
52-10.....guys in the ugly helmets

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:54 pm

Huskers wanted to play a cupcake from Tenn that Big 10 said no. Let them play I say.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:35 pm

It wouldn't be fair to the rest of the Big 10. They get a cupcake and no one else does?

Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic