Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Lions refuse to work today because cops are scum

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Deleted User 9015

Re: Lions refuse to work today because cops are scum

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:50 am

I dunno, maybe the cops should stop killing people because they're black?

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:40 pm

F the Lions. No use for them anymore. They're taking a side without acknowledging the details already known and without waiting for the rest of the details to emerge.

They're making a political statement and have become a political organization, not a sports franchise.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:42 pm

Neckbeard wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:50 am
These guys didn't get killed "because they're black". They got killed because they were fighting rules that society has put in place. Maybe they didn't deserve to die for that reason alone, but they took the risk and lost the bet.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:12 pm

km1125 wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:40 pm
F the Lions. No use for them anymore. They're taking a side without acknowledging the details already known and without waiting for the rest of the details to emerge.

They're making a political statement and have become a political organization, not a sports franchise.
So THIS is your tipping point? Not them being a shit organization for at least most of your life to this point?

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:17 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:12 pm
km1125 wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:40 pm

So THIS is your tipping point? Not them being a shit organization for at least most of your life to this point?
They're not shit just because they couldn't win a title. They've played some good games and have had interesting runs and some of the past talent has been worth watching. The NFL is tough and there's little margin in capability between first place and those with .500 records.

It would still be worth watching them if they (and the NFL) hadn't turned into political pandering pussies.

originalzzmfmjock

Post by originalzzmfmjock » Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:29 pm

The Lions are not working today. Hmm, I've been watching them since about 1960 and they don't seem to work on Sunday afternoons most of the time.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:58 pm

km1125 wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:42 pm
Neckbeard wrote:
These guys didn't get killed "because they're black". They got killed because they were fighting rules that society has put in place. Maybe they didn't deserve to die for that reason alone, but they took the risk and lost the bet.
If this is all it takes for people to get murdered by people given the job to act responsibly with force, then society isn't working.

To be honest, people should be destroying more shit and people protesting should stop protesting and start rioting. Its a disgrace that we have to actually restructure police departments to reduce harm to citizens, but thats where we are!

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:04 pm

Neckbeard wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:58 pm
km1125 wrote:
Neckbeard wrote:
If this is all it takes for people to get murdered by people given the job to act responsibly with force, then society isn't working.

To be honest, people should be destroying more shit and people protesting should stop protesting and start rioting. Its a disgrace that we have to actually restructure police departments to reduce harm to citizens, but thats where we are!
WTF is wrong with you?? "People should be destroying more shit"?? More rioting??? We entrust police with authority to preserve order according to rules society has put in place. When folks deliberately ignore direct police orders and refuse to comply with what society has put in place and furthermore puts those police officers lives' at risk, there is a breakdown in society. We should not allow folks to "make up their own rules" or refuse to comply with what the society has determined as acceptable behavior. You don't like those rules, then either change them through the process or leave.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:16 pm

km1125 wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:04 pm
Neckbeard wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:58 pm
km1125 wrote:
Neckbeard wrote:

WTF is wrong with you?? "People should be destroying more shit"?? More rioting??? We entrust police with authority to preserve order according to rules society has put in place. When folks deliberately ignore direct police orders and refuse to comply with what society has put in place and furthermore puts those police officers lives' at risk, there is a breakdown in society. We should not allow folks to "make up their own rules" or refuse to comply with what the society has determined as acceptable behavior. You don't like those rules, then either change them through the process or leave.
When society's rules result in cops, who should be held to a higher standard than the average citizen in terms of the use of force, are responsible for needless death, abuse of citizens, etc., then of course citizens need to riot. I mean in the face of the authoritarianism we see in this day and age, we should definitely see more pushback. But the militarization of the police and their increased agression against the people they are supposed to protect and serve is concerning.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:51 pm

Neckbeard wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:16 pm
When society's rules result in cops, who should be held to a higher standard than the average citizen in terms of the use of force, are responsible for needless death, abuse of citizens, etc., then of course citizens need to riot. I mean in the face of the authoritarianism we see in this day and age, we should definitely see more pushback. But the militarization of the police and their increased agression against the people they are supposed to protect and serve is concerning.
NONE of the recent cases are about the militarization of police or "increased agression [sic], nor have most of them been shown to be "needless deaths" nor "abuse of citizens". I'm sure there are cases that could justify an outrage, but the subset that are being used today are ridiculous exaggerations.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:56 pm

km1125 wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:51 pm
Neckbeard wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:16 pm
NONE of the recent cases are about the militarization of police or "increased agression [sic], nor have most of them been shown to be "needless deaths" nor "abuse of citizens". I'm sure there are cases that could justify an outrage, but the subset that are being used today are ridiculous exaggerations.
The Floyd and Taylor ones certainly aren’t exaggerations... This one we have almost no information about because Kenosha PD has been radio silent for 3 days.

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:22 am

These players need to protest on their own time, not their companies dime. Don't wanna play? You"re fired.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:30 am

lovinlife101 wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:58 pm
So, another incident where cops shoot a black guy in the back and the Detroit Lions refuse to practice.
The only video I've seen the news is the one from across the street. There's a second video of this. Someone holding a phone on the same side of the street. It shows him and the cops wresting around on the ground for a bit before he goes around and starts to go in the car. Has anyone else seen it besides me? If not, I'll find a link. I've only seen it in one YouTube video.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:28 am

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:30 am
lovinlife101 wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:58 pm
So, another incident where cops shoot a black guy in the back and the Detroit Lions refuse to practice.
The only video I've seen the news is the one from across the street. There's a second video of this. Someone holding a phone on the same side of the street. It shows him and the cops wresting around on the ground for a bit before he goes around and starts to go in the car. Has anyone else seen it besides me? If not, I'll find a link. I've only seen it in one YouTube video.
That one came out shortly after the first one. Most folks are ignoring it because it doesn't fit their agenda. Also look for the scanner recording audio... they knew this guy could be trouble before they got to the address.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:13 am

This was a publicity stunt staged by the Lions. They literally called the local media so that cameras and photographers would show up.

Do I think the Kenosha cops acted with excessive force? Most likely. Why were the cops attempting to detain the man in the first place? That question was not answered. The fact he has a past criminal record is not an acceptable answer. The Kenosha police chief acted like TOTAL PUSSY and dodged the public and the media for days. What a coward!

That said, this goofy publicity stunt by the Lions accomplishes nothing. Maybe it gives the front office and players a warm fuzzy feeling. I don't know. If they are truly worried about excessive police violence, they should contribute some of the millions upon millions in profits to organizations whose mission it is to bring litigation against corrupt police officers and corrupt police organizations.
They've been such an abysmal failure as a sports franchise; maybe they'll be more successful as a political lobbying group? :)

I would be 100% CONTENT if they took the entire upcoming season off!!! Hell, take the next five years off.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic