Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Blashill Is Back

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Bryce

Blashill Is Back

Post by Bryce » Wed May 27, 2020 1:54 pm

Steve Yzerman has confirmed that Jeff Blashill will return for his sixth season as head coach for The Detroit Red Wings.

This tells me that they are going to have a lot of young players and it most certainly is going to be another poor on ice effort dubbed as a "Rebuilding Year."

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

SteveS

Re: Blashill Is Back

Post by SteveS » Wed May 27, 2020 5:11 pm

Incredibly long time for him to have lasted regardless of the lack of talent.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed May 27, 2020 8:07 pm

I don't like this move at all!!!

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed May 27, 2020 8:52 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:07 pm
I don't like this move at all!!!
Why not? Do you really blame Blashill for Holland's incompetence? Is there anyone that can immediately turn the team around?

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed May 27, 2020 9:06 pm

What has Blashill done to prove he's worthy of staying?

In what ways has he developed young talent that is key for the Wings' future success?

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed May 27, 2020 9:53 pm

You don't fire someone just to fire them. You have to have a plan. Whatever next season looks like will dictate whether Blashill is a long term solution or a stopgap.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Thu May 28, 2020 9:53 pm

Jeff Blashill needs to be fired even know no matter who the Redwings coach is would have a hard time with the roster.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat May 30, 2020 8:05 am

You don't fire someone just to fire them. You have to have a plan. Whatever next season looks like will dictate whether Blashill is a long term solution or a stopgap.
Why is next season a more important barometer than this season? Seems to me he's been a "stopgap" for a few years now.

What we saw this season was an inconsistent effort from too many players on this team. That alone should be grounds for firing Blashill. Yes, it's important to make sure his successor is a significant upgrade. That's true.

windsor

Post by windsor » Sun May 31, 2020 8:24 pm

Since Babcock's departure, the Wings under Blashill have done nothing. The Wings waited way to long to rebuild and not Blashill's fault but the optics say another mediocre season on the horizon.Not a positive to be able to fill seats at the LCA.

I was really surprised that the Wings didn't go after DJ Smith an asst. coach with Babcock in Toronto before Ottawa took him.I think Smith would have been a good fit and a new voice in the room.

Disappointed...

F**K Trudeau and F**K CBC !!!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic