Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Former University of Michigan doctor investigated for multiple sex abuse complaints

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Rate This

Re: Former University of Michigan doctor investigated for multiple sex abuse complaints

Post by Rate This » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:01 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:58 pm
Rate This wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:56 pm
Matt wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:54 pm
10 years ago I had a superior openly talking about one of my peers "nice tits". Today, that is fired, so fired.
Incredibly fired.. but were they nice tits?... that’s the real question...

Are we gonna get to the point where “you look pretty today” is gonna cause a woman to run away screaming “he’s got one hand on the smooth compliments and another on his...”?
Are "A" cups nice? The peer in question was very attractive but not well endowed.
I like them rather big so unless she had a nice backside I’d probably pass...

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Former University of Michigan doctor investigated for multiple sex abuse complaints

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:16 am

The troll known as km1125 wrote the following in response to my prior post:
You wouldn't believe your own kid??? WOW.
That is not what I said, you stupid piece of shit.

What I did say is brainwashed adults, especially those from one or more generations ago, held "authority" figures such as priests, pastors, Boy Scout leaders, etc. as some sort of pious figures incapable of predatory behavior. Often, accusers would be assumed to be liars or would be blamed for whatever inappropriate contact occurred.

I suppose in your eyes that U-M Regent, former U.S. Ambassador, and former U.S. Congressional candidate (R) Ron Weiser's accusations lack credibility, too?

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/opini ... 022591002/

Is Mr. Weiser trying to "grab money" ? He's only donated in excess of $100 million to the university!
If any payments are made, they funding should come from EVERYONE who benefitted from the University. That means ALL the alums for the last ~40 years!!
You do realize the university possesses a massive amount of wealth, I hope. I personally would have no issue contributing to a settlement fund.
I'm sure there has been a victim or two, but the data/evidence to support those cases is long since gone. Everyone else are just profiteers and their cases just diminish the tragedies that really did happen.
Yeah, I'm suuuuuuuuuure 99% of the accusers are liars and Anderson stopped his despicable deeds after just one or two encounters. :roll: His predatory impulses just vanished, right?

You might be the dumbest fucking troll to ever post on the Buzzboard.

I'd like to see you say everything you just said here face to face to one of Anderson's victims. I bet you wouldn't have the balls to do so.

I must ask, do you believe the testimony of Nasser's victims?

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:27 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:16 am
The troll known as km1125 wrote the following in response to my prior post:
You wouldn't believe your own kid??? WOW.
That is not what I said, you stupid piece of shit.
What you actually said was "Imagine a 15 year old or 16 year old boy telling their father or mother that their church's priest was a molester. I bet that conversation wouldn't turn out well for the kid."

If that 15 or 16 year old kid was YOUR kid, would you believe them or not???
MWmetalhead wrote:
I suppose in your eyes that U-M Regent, former U.S. Ambassador, and former U.S. Congressional candidate (R) Ron Weiser's accusations lack credibility, too?
I don't know what angle that guy has. He wants some buildings named after him, so maybe there's some notoriety in it for him. If he thought whatever was done to him was "so bad", then were was he for the next FORTY YEARS after he left the university and the doctor was still practicing there??? You don't think - with all his successes - that he could have afforded to fund a campaign to get the doctor removed though any methods (setting him up for a conviction, coercion of the university, undercover work, etc) during that whole time?? What did HE do for all that time to try to fix the problem???
MWmetalhead wrote:
You do realize the university possesses a massive amount of wealth, I hope. I personally would have no issue contributing to a settlement fund.
Yes, I certainly do. That's the only reason we're even reading about any of this or anyone is even interested.
MWmetalhead wrote:
I'm sure there has been a victim or two, but the data/evidence to support those cases is long since gone. Everyone else are just profiteers and their cases just diminish the tragedies that really did happen.
Yeah, I'm suuuuuuuuuure 99% of the accusers are liars and Anderson stopped his despicable deeds after just one or two encounters. :roll: His predatory impulses just vanished, right?
I don't know if 99% is the right number, but I'd bet it's a "significant percentage".
MWmetalhead wrote:
I must ask, do you believe the testimony of Nasser's victims?
SOME of them, sure. MOST of them, absolutely NOT.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:21 am

If that 15 or 16 year old kid was YOUR kid, would you believe them or not???
100% yes. In case you didn't understand the gist of my earlier statements, I was condemning those individuals who refused to believe their own child, and who instead chose to give individuals they viewed as being "above reproach" the unequivocal benefit of the doubt.
SOME of them, sure. MOST of them, absolutely NOT.
Wow. You are one cynical, paranoid individual.

I will agree with you on one point - the silence by Mr. Weiser over so many decades is frustrating. He had a great opportunity to exhibit leadership (given his influence and access to top university officials), and he chose not to do so. Had he acted, perhaps hundreds of sexual assaults could have been prevented.

I can only surmise whatever occurred was so disturbing to him that he wanted to do everything possible to "bottle it up" and not rehash painful memories.

I also have to say the silence from Jim Harbaugh (former U-M athlete while Anderson was practicing), Dave Brandon (former U-M athlete while Anderson was practicing), and Bill Martin (AD while Anderson was still lead team physician) on this issue is deafening. Even though they haven't spoken publicly, I sincerely hope they've provided truthful testimony to any investigator who has questioned them.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed May 06, 2020 3:27 pm

Let the lawyers circle... UofMsexabuse.com is up and running!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic