Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Former University of Michigan doctor investigated for multiple sex abuse complaints

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Matt

Re: Former University of Michigan doctor investigated for multiple sex abuse complaints

Post by Matt » Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:32 pm

You're 60 something (or more) and you act like you're six. Rachael Denhollander has no real insight on what happened at Michigan. And yes, I'm going to believe what I have heard the process has been in regards to Dr. Anderson.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Honeyman

Re: Former University of Michigan doctor investigated for multiple sex abuse complaints

Post by Honeyman » Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:51 pm

Just turned 64, thank you. With age comes wisdom, asshole.

Tell me, what is inaccurate about any word of her statement: “They had the choice 19 months ago to do the right thing and become leaders,” former gymnast Rachael Denhollander said Saturday in an interview with The Associated Press. “They chose corruption — again — and they put the survivors in a place where they had no choice but to speak publicly.”

The censorship king from out of state.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:03 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:51 pm

Tell me, what is inaccurate about any word of her statement: “They had the choice 19 months ago to do the right thing and become leaders,” former gymnast Rachael Denhollander said Saturday in an interview with The Associated Press. “They chose corruption — again — and they put the survivors in a place where they had no choice but to speak publicly.”
I've already laid out what I've understood the process to be, Angry TBD. Denhollander is not privy to that information. The word corruption doesn't seem to fit as it generally means money has changed hands for an event to occur.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:18 pm

Matt wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:03 pm
Honeyman wrote:

I've already laid out what I've understood the process to be, Angry TBD. Denhollander is not privy to that information. The word corruption doesn't seem to fit as it generally means money has changed hands for an event to occur.
Or something has been covered up or altered or... corruption is NOT just about money... is that what a U of M degree (assuming your have one) gets you? A 10% definition of corruption?

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:54 am

Free Press today:

U-M officials knew about sexual misconduct allegations, but didn't act in 3 incidents

https://www.freep.com/story/news/educat ... 831033002/

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:53 pm

Victims turn to media to expose sex abuse by college doctors

https://apnews.com/09e922cbc52f32fe6797 ... ce=Twitter

Robert Julian Stone was tired of waiting, afraid that complaints of sexual abuse at the hands of a former University of Michigan doctor would be covered up.

So five months after contacting the university to report that he’d been assaulted during a 1971 medical exam — and after learning there were more alleged victims — the 69-year-old Stone turned to The Detroit News.

The newspaper last week was the first to report Stone’s allegations against the late Dr. Robert E. Anderson, triggering a flood of similar reports. It was reminiscent of sex abuse scandals at other universities, where the media reported allegations before officials publicly acknowledged complaints against doctors.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:50 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:18 pm
Matt wrote:
Honeyman wrote:

Or something has been covered up or altered or... corruption is NOT just about money... is that what a U of M degree (assuming your have one) gets you? A 10% definition of corruption?
Corruption was not the right word, as this isn't even a cover up. You don't see anyone at UM blasting the media or sticking up for Anderson. I'm highly confident that everything is on the up and up with the current administration.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:53 pm

Matt wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:50 pm
Rate This wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:18 pm
Matt wrote:
Honeyman wrote:

Corruption was not the right word, as this isn't even a cover up. You don't see anyone at UM blasting the media or sticking up for Anderson. I'm highly confident that everything is on the up and up with the current administration.
Incompetence?

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:56 pm

Nope.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:13 am

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 860019002/

Surprised HoneyTBD didn't post this article. Oh wait, no I'm not, it corroborates what I've said in regards to the university response.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:15 am

Matt wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:13 am

Surprised HoneyTBD didn't post this article. Oh wait, no I'm not, it corroborates what I've said in regards to the university response.
Sorry Munnt, I live on the west coast so I am not up 3:00 a.m. my time checking the Detroit News.

You think this story puts UM in a good light?

"Assistant Prosecutor Konrad Siller wrote to UM police Lt. Paul DeRidder: "Don't send (the report) through ONBASE. At this point, I see no reason to submit it through ONBASE." DeRidder replied seven minutes later: "Copy that."

HUH?!? I don't know about you, but at my job if I chose to skirt a tracking system for official communications of a serious nature, I'd lose my job, period. It would seem that people should be losing their jobs in Ann Arbor.

and...

When asked why UM police had to ask prosecutors several times if they had finished reviewing the Anderson report, Hiller said police were updated verbally during UM football games and other times.

"Siller recalls discussing the progress of the review with Lt. DeRidder and/or ... West at U of M football games and meetings during the fall of 2019," Hiller wrote. "Siller recalls later in the fall confirming by telephone to ... West that there could be no prosecution.

"Based on ... West’s email of January 21, 2020, it appears that Mr. Siller’s decision may not have been communicated effectively," Hiller said.

Hiller added his office "was aware that the suspect was deceased and that the incidents investigated occurred decades before — well beyond Michigan’s six-year general statute of limitation for criminal prosecution."

WTF?!? This was a criminal investigation, but their attitude was, "Oh he's dead, so it doesn't matter that we follow procedure." What if he had accomplices? What if there were still living people who covered it up criminally?

And what if you're a victim reading this BS? Don't you also now want to sue the police, the prosecutor, and the city of Ann Arbor? I mean Jesus, dozens or even hundreds of young men were sexually assaulted and the prosecutor is instructing investigators to keep it out of their system and the school where it occurred is inviting officers to football games to discuss the crimes against you. I would be absolutely livid.

Jesus! And where is Warde Manuel thru this whole scandal? Has he even said a word yet? Or is he too busy covering up the Zavier Simpson DU....er...situation?

Graham Wellington

Post by Graham Wellington » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:42 am

Matt wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:13 am

It doesn't corroborate how this guy was allowed to work for U of M for 4 decades while it was well known he was an abuser.

https://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/20 ... s-say.html

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:11 pm

Honolulu marathon CEO says he was abused by Michigan doctor: https://apnews.com/fa17e881a780e121603147cc7e2b418d

“When they show at the beginning of the game the team running out to touch the ‘M’ Club Go Blue banner, I’d occasionally see him — he was a pretty short guy and not very athletic — jumping up to try to touch the banner, which is a good luck thing for Michigan,” Barahal said. “And it kind of brought that (memory) back. So, I told the story for years to people about how I went in for a sore throat, and he had his finger up my butt. I mean, I told that story for years.”
Last edited by Honeyman on Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:56 pm

freep: https://www.freep.com/story/news/educat ... 868411002/

"The university has known about allegations against both men for decades."

Then there's this guy: https://www.theverge.com/2020/2/13/2113 ... rNF3f_xNuQ

So for those of you keeping score at home, we got Anderson, the Provost, this guy, the Opera guy......jeez, it's hard to keep track of all these sexual assaulters in Ann Arbor.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:21 pm

I'm not at all convinced the current administration has acted appropriately. There is no smoking gun (yet) to suggest they didn't, but again, would ANY of this have come out into the open if it weren't for the Detroit News investigation?

I will say it is relatively more likely that the Washtenaw County Prosecutor's Office is guilty of malfeasance than the current administration at this early juncture.
I'm highly confident that everything is on the up and up with the current administration.
What about past administrations, Matt? It sure appears some of those individuals acted with malicious intent.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic