Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

What does 9 million dollars buy?

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Matt

Re: What does 9 million dollars buy?

Post by Matt » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:36 am

craig11152 wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:55 am
Well stated and well thought out Matt. I often think of you as a little too much of a Michigan "slappy" but this is very insightful.

I'd like to c&p this to my Facebook wall with your permission.
Sure!

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: What does 9 million dollars buy?

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:55 pm

Lazy talking point 2: "Harbaugh doesn't play QBs that he recruits out of high school."
My point was that Harbaugh has failed to develop any homegrown QB into a great player. You basically proved my point.

Speight - wasn't ready
Morris - wasn't good
Peters - transferred
McCaffrey - has seen very little time on the field

The donor funded trips should be used as MOTIVATION. Taking the team on the trip before they've accomplished anything great on the football field is counterproductive. My suggestion is to treat the trip as a reward.
Lazy talking point 1: "Harbaugh hasn't won as an underdog on the road or neutral sites."
Not sure to whom you are responding specifically, if anyone. My statement was that Harbaugh has trouble beating any team ranked in the Top 25 on the road or at a neutral site, regardless of which team is favored. He has accomplished that feat only on seldom occasion.

If I predicted upon Harbaugh's hire that after five years in the job he would be 0 - 5 against Ohio State you would've called me a moron, right? Be honest.

I have trouble picturing Michigan reaching Ohio State's stature on the football field anytime soon, and it could easily be another two or three years before Michigan wins a game against the Buckeyes.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic