Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

MSU-UM a Noon EST kickoff.

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Honeyman

MSU-UM a Noon EST kickoff.

Post by Honeyman » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:49 pm

Thank God....get the pain over early.

FWIW, I'll be watching the game in Vegas, as I always do. My sister lives in Denver, and is a UM grad. I live in Southern California. 28 years ago we thought it might be a good idea to meet in Vegas and watch the game together. We have done it every year since. Been thru loves lost, serious illnesses, the death of both our parents...... But there is one weekned where you know you can find us. The bet is that the loser of the game must wear some garment from the other team the entire next day. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING is worse than that! I do not look good in piss yellow. Anyway, I have resigned myself to donning those ugly colors this year.....but there is always a chance.

GO GREEN!!!

The censorship king from out of state.

moldyoldie

Re: MSU-UM a Noon EST kickoff.

Post by moldyoldie » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:23 pm

Cheer up, at least (sc)UM will have nothing to really brag about. :mrgreen:

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:32 pm

These f*cking officials...

Good news for Sparty. You've got a 12th man on your team today.

Super cold weather. Dantonio's team playing for his legacy. Michigan maybe a little rusty coming off a bye week.

Would not at all shock me to see MSU win today, and I think they'll cover the spread for certain.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:25 pm

As a long time Michigan fan (1969) I never feel comfortable with this game. No matter how "lopsided" it might look on paper MSU always comes ready to play. Michigan doesn't seem to come ready to play every time.

I no longer directly engage trolls

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:12 pm

Now you guys know why I don't wager on sports! :)

Too bad Peoples-Jones stepped out at the 15 yard line; that would've otherwise been a super sweet TD.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:28 pm

Why is Patterson still out there with 3:00 to play???

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:32 pm

I'm looking forward to Dantonio's post game presser! :)

How many reporters will he take out his anger on this week?

Hey, Mark - the press corp isn't the reason you, your staff, and your recruiting stink!!!

Today, it was CLEARLY Mr. Dantonio's team that looked unprepared and outmatched. Surprisingly so. I thought maybe they'd come out with a chip on their shoulders after the crushing loss at home to Illinois.

This is the first ass kicking the Wolverines have handed the Spartans with Dantonio at the helm. Even in 2016 with a ton of injuries, MSU managed to keep the game interesting.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:41 pm

A nice win for my Wolverine's but given where the programs are this year all it was was a "dodge a bullet" win. The downside of losing was much much bigger than the upside of winning in my opinion. Other than the rivalry we beat a mediocre team in a tailspin.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:45 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:41 pm
A nice win for my Wolverine's but given where the programs are this year all it was was a "dodge a bullet" win. The downside of losing was much much bigger than the upside of winning in my opinion. Other than the rivalry we beat a mediocre team in a tailspin.
In what world is a 34 point ass beating a dodge a bullet win? I was at the game and it was probably the single most satisfying game I've witnessed in person.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:26 pm

The score wasn't my point. WE had nothing really to gain from the win other than a W against a weak team. But I've followed Michigan since before you were born (unless your 50 years old) and the chances of MSU pulling an upset were far from zero.
What we stood to lose was hard to even measure. So ya we dodged a bullet by winning against a wounded instate rival.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:01 pm

The win probably won't help Michigan much in the polls, and a loss would've been very derogatory, but the way Michigan played today was very, very gratifying. I found the thrashing of Notre Dame to be even more enjoyable than today's game, but I'd certainly count today's victory as one of the five best of the Harbaugh era.

MSU is fortunate they didn't lose by an even bigger margin.

The Peoples-Jones fumble late in the 4th on what could've been an impressive punt return to set up the Wolverines deep inside MSU territory, plus a couple screw jobs by the refs earlier in the game (the unsportsmanlike call against Tarik Black was asinine), likely left points on the table.

I reall,y, really wanted Brian Lewerke to give up a safety on MSU's last possession! :horns
Close, but no cigar.

JackAttack FM

Post by JackAttack FM » Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:26 am

Matt wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:45 pm
In what world is a 34 point ass beating a dodge a bullet win? I was at the game and it was probably the single most satisfying game I've witnessed in person.
In a world where U-M will yet again keep playing with no chance at winning the Big Ten East, the Big Ten Championship or earn a spot in the CFP. 

And worst of all for U-M is that The Ohio State University Buckeyes will roll into town and steamroll Big Sister in Ann Arbor. Its possible OSU could put up a century mark on the wolverines.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic