Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Monday Night Football vs. Thursday Night Football

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Monday Night Football vs. Thursday Night Football

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:42 am

Ever since Mike Tirico left ESPN to join NBC, I felt ESPN hasn't given Monday Night Football the proper respect it is due.

I am not at all a fan of the play-by-play voice ESPN uses for Monday Night Football. Where the fuck did they find that guy? He sounds like he should be calling UFC or pro wrestling matches. (I know he worked college games for ABC/ESPN before being promoted to the MNF gig.)

The overall production values during Monday Night Football are substandard compared to what viewers have traditionally enjoyed through the years, and the game selections in some cases are simply disappointing.

The Thursday Night Football matchups, meanwhile, seem to have gotten immensely better!

Would be curious to know what others think. Am I the only one who feels Monday Night Football has lost its magic and has become ho-hum?

https://www.insidehook.com/article/spor ... l-espn-fox

craig11152

Re: Monday Night Football vs. Thursday Night Football

Post by craig11152 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:56 am

I don't receive ESPN in my current semi "cut the cord" package.
But for me Monday night Football lost its luster years and years ago. It doesn't help that they added Thursday Night Football and Sunday Night Football to the mix.

I no longer directly engage trolls

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:09 am

I haven't really watched much MNF since last year's Lions season opener which saw an absolutely dreadful pair of commentators.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:10 am

For me it all fell apart when the team of Frank Gifford, Howard Cosell and Dandy Don Meredith broke up. That was some good stuff back then. They made bad games fun and good games "funner" .

I no longer directly engage trolls

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:47 pm

Sunday night is the premier game of the week. Monday and Thursday nights lately have been unwatchable, football wise.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:16 am

All the games are certainly of interest to fantasy team owners, but I must agree that the MNF broadcasts must utilize ABC/ESPN's C-team. That gal doing the PBP in the Lions season-opening debacle last year only made the whole experience more puke-worthy. :barf

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:21 am

Well, we Lions fans gotta watch it tonight. I'm cramming a quick Spanish class so I can watch the game on ESPN Deportes and don't have to listen to Booger.

The censorship king from out of state.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic