Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Brad Ausmus & Joe Maddon

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Brad Ausmus & Joe Maddon

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:16 pm

Under the "leadership" of Brad Ausmus, the Angels just finished their worst season since 1999! :lol

In other news, the Chicago Cubs announced this afternoon that Joe Maddon's contract will not be renewed. :eek
I mean, all he did was bring the team four 90+ win seasons and a World Championship. I'm not at all buying the company line that the parting was "mutual." Clearly, Epstein wants someone else to run the ship.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/c ... story.html

If Maddon wants to keep managing, there is no doubt in my mind he'll land a skipper gig for 2020.

Did I mention that Maddon spent DECADES in the Angels organization?

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/range ... act-on-it/

I'm guessing Maddon lands in Texas, Anaheim or Pittsburgh.

Lester The Nightfly

Re: Brad Ausmus & Joe Maddon

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:33 pm

I wouldn't rule out San Francisco or San Diego either.

I thought it was fairly classless of the Cubs not to let him close out the season (unless that was what Maddon requested) but it's what I've come to expect now that the Ricketts own the club.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:13 am

With Maddon gone, I'm now wondering if the Cubbies will be inking Castellanos to a lucrative long-term deal; it was quite obvious he loved hitting in the friendly confines of Wrigley Field.

As for Ausmus and the Angels, the team suffered the tragedy of Tyler Skaggs, lost the "best player in baseball" to injury in Mike Trout, and like the Tigers, are saddled with an over-the-hill future HOFer in Albert Pujols. When the Tigers played them in Anaheim this season, the Angels hardly looked inspired and played some pretty sloppy baseball. So much for MLB's wunderkind manager. Ausmus probably should be in the front office somewhere.

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:37 pm

The Cubs were terrible given their payroll and expectations. I can see why Madden was fired. I also realize most teams would hire him in a heartbeat, and he should be able to choose where he wants to go.

San Francisco is a mess right now. San Diego has some intriguing prospects but their history lately is underachievement.

I don’t see why any team would want Ausmus for anything.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:33 pm

Ausmus was shitcanned today.

LMAO!!!

Too bad the Tigers weren't smart enough to fire him after one or two seasons.

originalzzmfmjock

Post by originalzzmfmjock » Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:18 pm

Too Bad the Tigers weren't smart enough to not hire him in the first place. I still have no idea to this day why Dumbrowski, with a championship quality roster in place, hired a guy with absolutely no prior managing experience at any level.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:55 am

Great point.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:19 am

It's official - Maddon is the new manager of the Angels.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/278 ... les-angels

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic