Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Michigan football - predictions

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Michigan football - predictions

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:02 pm

The piece of shit referees just SCREWED the Wolverines out of a marvelous interception that would've given Michigan good field position. Michigan got flagged for a phantom defensive pass interference penalty.

Sickening.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:32 pm

What an outstanding performance by the Wolverines on both sides of the ball!

They played a complete game, showed outstanding effort in all facets of the game, and most importantly - executed very proficiently. Few penalties. No turnovers. An insane 300+ rushing yards for Michigan as a team.

Harbaugh wisely kept the ball on the ground during the swirling rainstorm. I remember a rivalry game played in similar conditions a couple years ago at the Big House where the run was abandoned, and that decision likely cost Michigan the game. Mr. Harbaugh evidently learned a lesson from that unpleasant experience.

I thought Michigan should've kept the ball and run another play on offense on 4th & 2 from the Notre Dame 42 yard line late in the 2nd quarter. I didn't understand the decision to punt. Other than that, I was very pleased with Michigan's game plan and play calling. Play action after the snap was especially good this game. Michigan's offensive line was rock solid all game, too. That was very encouraging to see.

I thoroughly enjoyed what I saw tonight. Always love it when Michigan can embarrass the Irish!

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:18 am

Good to see Little Brother stick it to the Irish last night.

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:20 am

Huh? MSU played Penn State. :razz

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:50 pm

moldyoldie wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:18 am
Good to see Little Brother stick it to the Irish last night.
Coaching staff still covering up sexual assaults at MSU?

I mostly watched the World Series last night, but from what I did see, and the final score, Michigan was playing like they should have all along. Will it last? With Harbaugh, you never know.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:54 pm

Dominating performance by UM yesterday. I always root for UM to lose, except when they play OSU or ND. Then I root for one of those blimps like in the movie Black Sunday to kill everybody in the stadium.

Question for you Wolvies.....

Would you consider the year a success if you beat OSU, finish 10-2, but don't win the BT and make the Rose Bowl? Or did you expect more 5 years in to the Harbaugh era?

The censorship king from out of state.

matt1

Post by matt1 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:18 pm

Moving up from # 19 to # 14 this week in CF Poll.

ftballfan

Post by ftballfan » Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:04 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:54 pm

Would you consider the year a success if you beat OSU, finish 10-2, but don't win the BT and make the Rose Bowl? Or did you expect more 5 years in to the Harbaugh era?
I would, especially if it knocks O$U out of CFP contention

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:18 am

Honeyman wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:54 pm
Dominating performance by UM yesterday. I always root for UM to lose, except when they play OSU or ND. Then I root for one of those blimps like in the movie Black Sunday to kill everybody in the stadium.

No. I expected competing for national championships, especially with the money he is making and the alleged pedigree he had. Harbaugh has been a failure, and as I have said before, should have been fired by now.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:14 pm

Given the frustration of the past few seasons - yes, I would definitely consider it a success. To beat two top 10 teams in the same season - including ruining Ohio State's season (assuming they come into the Big House undefeated) - would be great.

That's not to say I would be pleased with how the program has performed during the past five years as a whole. I did indeed expect more in the way of accomplishments by now.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:56 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:18 am
However I think 7 is worst-case scenario, more likely 8 or 9.
+1

If Maryland is truly "for real," I am worried about that match up.

A lot of folks are speculating that Harbaugh was doing play calling on offense yesterday. I hope (a) that is indeed true and (b) that will no longer be the case VERY SOON.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:43 pm

Well, it became obvious obvious by mid-October that Maryland was totally fraudulent.

You were right; the Terps cannot be judged by how they fare in September. That's a bad football team.

matt1

Post by matt1 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:42 pm

From # 16 to # 14 this week. Wolverines have a "BYE" week & then against the Spartans Saturday, November 16 in the big house!!!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:56 pm

Solid all-around performance on the road today for the Maize & Blue.

Ronnie Bell's performance was underwhelming and the defense could've played a little better in the first half, but other than that, I have no complaints!

Indiana looked like a team running on empty. I realize they were playing without their best WR today due to a concussion suffered last week, I believe. Philyor for the Hoosiers was #3 in the entire conference in receiving yards this season through last week.

BTW, has any other team this year in Big Ten play managed to take possession of the football with about 8:00 remaining in the 4Q, stay in possession all the way to the end of the game, and NOT score? I realize the Hoosiers were primarily running the ball and letting the clock run on purpose, but still...

I have an optimistic outlook with regard the Michigan - OSU showdown next weekend.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:08 pm

Michigan looked very good against a solid, but beat up Indiana team. Was a classic let down game, but they played very well.

Obviously, the test is Saturday. This is the one Jimmy has to have. When you think about it, OSU really doesn't need this game as far as playoff implications are concerned since they already clinched the division, the following weeks game means much more in the big picture. But it's all about the rivalry. I think if Harbaugh actually loses again to OSU,....his fifth straight....while his team is rolling...and the game is at home...he should be considered the greatest big game, overpaid, coach in history. He would truly be.....as what goes by for accepted discourse on this site...a choking cunt.

The censorship king from out of state.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic