Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Michigan football - predictions

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
craig11152

Re: Michigan football - predictions

Post by craig11152 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:41 pm

Sorry sir but you are too much of a slappy to see what is happening.
I've lived with clean program and 9-3 or 10-3 too long. We have a rather miserable record in big games. I'd be happy with .500 but we aren't close.

I no longer directly engage trolls

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:03 pm

Michigan played terrible football for damn near four entire quarters! To say an early score that almost occurred but didn't would've changed the complexion of the whole game had it occurred is a line of thought I simply cannot accept.

Matt, you sound just like a Lions apologist. You always have an excuse.

Look, I agree with you about giving Harbaugh the benefit of the full season, but against upper echelon teams, his record is lousy! There's no denying that. He has underachieved big time relative to the milestones that were laid out when he was hired.

So, I'll repeat what I said earlier, the Notre Dame game is must win.

The turnovers committed by Michigan are inexcusable. The team looks undisciplined and sloppy.

Know what else in inexcusable? Allowing Taylor to rack up 100+ rushing yards in the first quarter.

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:42 pm

Matt sounds like the callers and hosts on WTKA. Nothing is wrong, Harbaugh is God. People who can even be a little bit objective realize this team is a disaster, and much of that falls on Harbaugh.

Most didn’t expect them to win, but it looks like they weren’t even in the same conference!

If they somehow lose to Rutgers, what excuses will the slappies come up with next?

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:35 pm

Michigan is consistent in one way - the number of points by which the opposing team covers the spread.

Week one - 17.5
Week two - 19.5
Week three - 18

So at what point will Vegas make some adjustments? Or are there enough die-hard Michigan bettors to keep the spreads in ridiculous, and thus, consistently profitable territory?

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:55 am

Prediction: Michigan will play in the new "Participation Bowl" late this year. Every team member will get an award. A splendid time is guaranteed for all.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

matt1

Post by matt1 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:25 am

Wolverines falling # 11 to # 20 in AP college football poll.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:27 am

I truly don't know what world matt lives in.....but I am sure it is all colored blue and piss yellow.

At least you're a fan who is realistic about the team MW, however I disagree with you that ND is the must win. Michigan has Iowa at home and have to go to PSU before they play the Irish. The season could very well be derailed at that time, or Harbaugh could have righted the ship. I'd bet on the former. Still, MSU and OSU are home games, and the BT season is salvagable. There just doesn't appear to be anything in Harbaugh's arsenal to show thta he is capable of turning this cluster around.

The censorship king from out of state.

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:48 pm

How are they still ranked? Name recognition?

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:07 pm

fuzzpower wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:48 pm
How are they still ranked? Name recognition?
All they are is a helmet, a fight song, and a big stadium. They haven't won a BT championship in 15 years.

The censorship king from out of state.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:06 pm

Weird. This thread is not active today...

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:09 pm

bmw wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:35 pm
Michigan is consistent in one way - the number of points by which the opposing team covers the spread.

Week one - 17.5
Week two - 19.5
Week three - 18

So at what point will Vegas make some adjustments? Or are there enough die-hard Michigan bettors to keep the spreads in ridiculous, and thus, consistently profitable territory?
Can you update this trend?

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:33 pm

It’s Rutgers. Michigan should be killing them. It means zilch.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:35 pm

fuzzpower wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:33 pm
Yep, and they did. It was a confidence builder and just what the doctor ordered. I understand being somewhat skeptical, but it almost seems like you are rooting for them to fail.

ftballfan

Post by ftballfan » Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:32 pm

fuzzpower wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:33 pm
Rutgers: The school so bad at all sports that New Jersey doesn't want to claim them!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:22 pm

Am I supposed to be impressed by Michigan's thumping of a team with worse than MAC level talent, Matt?

This thread was inactive because I think everyone knew an angry Michigan team was going to pound a pathetic Rutgers team today.

I'm happy today went as expected and indeed this was a timely confidence builder. Now we'll see how Michigan fares against Iowa. Because the game is in Ann Arbor, I'll give the edge to Michigan.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic