Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Now can we PLEASE FIRE JIM BOB?

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
bmw

Now can we PLEASE FIRE JIM BOB?

Post by bmw » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:02 pm

Just when you think his play-calling can't get any more conservative, we get the entire second half of the Bills game. Very much alive in the playoff hunt, desperately needing a win, and you call plays like that? After years of mediocrity, not much surprises me any more as a Lions fan, but this almost does - they were NOT playing to win today.

COMPLETE, TOTAL, EMBARRASSMENT.

Mega Hertz

Re: Now can we PLEASE FIRE JIM BOB?

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:03 pm

We rarely agree on political posts, but you have my full backing on this one. This was a game for the Lions. A 4-9 Bills squad. And still lose by ONE point. A game that was theirs for the taking with hopes of backing into the playoffs. Welp, there goes that. Will changes be made? Are they EVER made???

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:00 am

C'mon, whaddya gonna do when all your playmakers on offense are either traded or injured? :rolleyes Play things close to the vest, that's what! Just try to keep things close and not f--k things up. Missing extra points and field goals are not part of the equation in such a scenario, and certainly not turnovers. Sure, you could throw all caution to the wind by having Stafford throw into coverage and heave up prayers, but then you'd be playing right into the opposition's hands.

Let's face it, the Lions currently don't have the horses to compete on offense and the play-calling reflects it.

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:17 pm

Very much alive in the playoff hunt,
A 3% chance (give or take) qualifies as "very much alive" ?

The time to fire JBC was last off-season. As soon as Patricia kept that jackass, the Lions' fate was sealed.

I certainly agree with the "complete, total, embarrassment" part!

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:08 pm

They were about 27% to get in IF they had won-out. That number stood to range from anywhere between 5 and 65 percent after Sunday's games had Detroit won (ultimately ended up being on the lower side of that).

matt1

Post by matt1 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:53 pm

PLEASE FIRE HIM NOW!!!

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:32 pm

From long-time Lions beat writer, columnist, and observer Mike O'Hara:
As for Cooter’s future, that will be decided soon enough along with numerous other personnel decisions – both players and head coach Matt Patricia’s staff.
One man’s opinion: I understand the criticism of Cooter’s play calling and have agreed with some of it, but I’d be surprised if there was a change. They’ve done a lot of good things together.
:shock:

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:31 pm

moldyoldie wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:32 pm
From long-time Lions beat writer, columnist, and observer Mike O'Hara:
As for Cooter’s future, that will be decided soon enough along with numerous other personnel decisions – both players and head coach Matt Patricia’s staff.
One man’s opinion: I understand the criticism of Cooter’s play calling and have agreed with some of it, but I’d be surprised if there was a change. They’ve done a lot of good things together.
:shock:
You're slipping, Mike. :hat
Detroit Lions offensive coordinator Jim Bob Cooter won't return in 2019

- Sydney J. Harris

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:24 pm

O'Hara has been a joke for years, but even I'm amazed he would say something so imbecilic.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic