Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

CFP Rankings and Bowl games

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Deleted User 8570

Re: CFP Rankings and Bowl games

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:28 pm

bmw nailed it... Michigan vs. Florida Dec. 29th in the Peach Bowl...

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:33 pm

I'll be cheering loudly for UCF to beat LSU and sit at 13-0 undeated champions of NOTHING because college football is flawed....they crown champions by voting first and playing second.

I no longer directly engage trolls

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:47 pm

I agree with those selections 100%. The committee got it right.

Interestingly enough, Georgia was #5 whereas OSU was #6. I'm a bit surprised to see a two loss team at #5. The committee evidently was impressed by their showing yesterday against top ranked Alabama despite losing.

Had Oklahoma lost to Texas, and had Georgia gotten in over Ohio State, I think there would've been a TON of pissed off Ohio State fans (not that I would be bothered by that!).

I look forward to the Michigan - Florida match-up. A chance at partial redemption for the Wolverines.

As for UCF, if they want to be taken seriously, they should join a real conference!

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:20 pm

Michigan State drew Oregon in the Redbox bowl...

I think adding a UCF into the mix every year would be a better story than 3 undefeateds and a 1 loss team... they could probably kick one or two of those other teams asses...

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:29 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:47 pm
...selections..... committee...
As for UCF, if they want to be taken seriously, they should join a real conference!
If the NCAA wants to be taken seriously the words "selection and committee" shouldn't exist to decide champions. The NCAA has a format where teams can win all their games and not be a champion. You can't find another sports system on the planet where that's true except maybe 5 year olds.
They need to expand the the playoff to 8 teams AND they need to divide in to more divisions with more champions crowned.

I no longer directly engage trolls

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:54 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:29 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:47 pm
...selections..... committee...
If the NCAA wants to be taken seriously the words "selection and committee" shouldn't exist to decide champions. The NCAA has a format where teams can win all their games and not be a champion. You can't find another sports system on the planet where that's true except maybe 5 year olds.
They need to expand the the playoff to 8 teams AND they need to divide in to more divisions with more champions crowned.
I’m sick and tired of Alabama every year and Ohio State and all the other year in and year out stuff... it’s boring...

sfpcc

Post by sfpcc » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:07 pm

Michigan State drew Oregon in the Redbox bowl...

Also Eastern Michigan Is going to play Georgia Southern in The Camelia Bowl, December 15 in Montgomery, Alabama. I actually like all the minor bowls.

(On a very unrelated note I was once chastised by some someone when I worked at Greyhound because I didn't know where Georgia Southern was / Statesboro GA, Just like The Allman Brothers song.)

sfpcc

Post by sfpcc » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:35 pm

In other Michigan Bowl news BYU beat Western Michigan 49 18 in The Famous Potato Bowl out in Boise, (It the field with the blue "Smurf Turf.")

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic