Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

College Football 23-24

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Matt

Re: College Football 23-24

Post by Matt » Sat Nov 11, 2023 7:44 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 7:31 pm
Matt wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 7:10 pm
There's a non-zero chance that Fickell could crash and burn at Wisconsin like Rich Rod did at Michigan. Fickell has adapted what he wanted to do in year 1 than RR, but a major philosophical change at Wisconsin is a tall challenge.
Remember that the 10-3 team Hoke had in the first year was stacked with Rich Rod players... he was basically a year away and kinda got screwed. He started with jack shit for players in 2008.
That was an 11-2 team. I wanted RR to get more time as well, but in hindsight, the undersized lines were not a recipe for long term success.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Nov 11, 2023 7:53 pm

Matt wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 7:44 pm
Rate This wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 7:31 pm
Matt wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 7:10 pm
There's a non-zero chance that Fickell could crash and burn at Wisconsin like Rich Rod did at Michigan. Fickell has adapted what he wanted to do in year 1 than RR, but a major philosophical change at Wisconsin is a tall challenge.
Remember that the 10-3 team Hoke had in the first year was stacked with Rich Rod players... he was basically a year away and kinda got screwed. He started with jack shit for players in 2008.
That was an 11-2 team. I wanted RR to get more time as well, but in hindsight, the undersized lines were not a recipe for long term success.
Indeed… the biggest disappointment was the conflict between Rich Rod and the administration and his lack of “Michigan Man” credentials. We lean on that way too much.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Nov 11, 2023 9:06 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:10 pm
I'm with Craig. If you're down by 8, you are one score away. 9 means you have to score twice. Mentally, that's night and day.

The first try for 2 after the 1st TD was idiotic too, as was MWs point about punting with 4+ left. Those decisions can be summed up in two words. James. Franklin.
https://twitter.com/Misopogon/status/17 ... qU4vg&s=19
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

SD45

Post by SD45 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:41 pm

Ohio State only had a field goal after halftime. They have Minnesota coming into Columbus next week.

Minnesota sucks so I expect the Buckeyes to score over 50.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Nov 11, 2023 11:21 pm

Matt wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 9:06 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:10 pm
I'm with Craig. If you're down by 8, you are one score away. 9 means you have to score twice. Mentally, that's night and day.

The first try for 2 after the 1st TD was idiotic too, as was MWs point about punting with 4+ left. Those decisions can be summed up in two words. James. Franklin.
https://twitter.com/Misopogon/status/17 ... qU4vg&s=19
:lol:
The censorship king from out of state.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Sun Nov 12, 2023 12:39 am

Rich Fraud wouldn't have made it even if you gave it another year it would've delayed it a year or 2 even if he went 11-2, what Brady Hoke did with RR's players I wasn't a fan of Rich Fraud after the 2009 season and calling OSU just another game that is Michigan's Number 1 rival it isn't just another game it's The Game been to The Game 4 times 2 in the John Cooper ERA why hasn't the Suckeyes hired him again had a great record 2-10-1 VS Michigan, first game was 91 Dez Howard Hello Heisman & 97 Charles Woodson punt takes it to the house for the touchdown to seal the Heisman. Saw the only time Jim Tessel loss in 100TH Meeting/game in 2003. Rich Fraud couldn't win as Zona coach I know he is an OC somewhere isn't ever going to be head coach again.

PSU wets the bed once again can't win the big one James Franklin he'll be known for that like John Cooper for the Suckeyes. PSU offense was poo today I too wanted to see only single digits and that was an INT there wasn't enough proof to over the INT in my opinion the ball didn't hit the ground as Joel Klatt said & Dean as well I can do Dean's job way better along with that clown in the booth that overturned the INT.
Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:47 am

MasterB wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 12:39 am
Rich Fraud wouldn't have made it even if you gave it another year it would've delayed it a year or 2 even if he went 11-2, what Brady Hoke did with RR's players I wasn't a fan of Rich Fraud after the 2009 season and calling OSU just another game that is Michigan's Number 1 rival it isn't just another game it's The Game been to The Game 4 times 2 in the John Cooper ERA why hasn't the Suckeyes hired him again had a great record 2-10-1 VS Michigan, first game was 91 Dez Howard Hello Heisman & 97 Charles Woodson punt takes it to the house for the touchdown to seal the Heisman. Saw the only time Jim Tessel loss in 100TH Meeting/game in 2003. Rich Fraud couldn't win as Zona coach I know he is an OC somewhere isn't ever going to be head coach again.

PSU wets the bed once again can't win the big one James Franklin he'll be known for that like John Cooper for the Suckeyes. PSU offense was poo today I too wanted to see only single digits and that was an INT there wasn't enough proof to over the INT in my opinion the ball didn't hit the ground as Joel Klatt said & Dean as well I can do Dean's job way better along with that clown in the booth that overturned the INT.
RR is the head coach of Jacksonville State in Conference USA. They're 7-3.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:45 am

Franklin is lucky in-game coaching ineptitude is permitted by NCAA and Big Ten rules. :)

It's quite apparent their fan base is very unhappy with him.

In fairness, their defense is outstanding. Given Manny Diaz's rocky tenure at Miami, though, I am unsure if he is deserving of a promotion.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:22 am

Indeed… the biggest disappointment was the conflict between Rich Rod and the administration and his lack of “Michigan Man” credentials. We lean on that way too much.
I was not sad at all at the time to see Rich Rod be handed his walking papers. That said, I agree that he deserves some credit for Brady Hoke's inaugural season being successful, because he & his staff left the cupboards well stocked with talent.

His record at Arizona was underwhelming, and he was there six years.

The thing I remember most from his time at West Virginia was choking in the regular season finale - at home - against Pitt, which cost his program a chance to play for a National Championship. A team whose offense was potent the entire season managed only 9 pathetic points in that contest.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:34 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:22 am
I was not sad at all at the time to see Rich Rod be handed his walking papers. That said, I agree that he deserves some credit for Brady Hoke's inaugural season being successful, because he & his staff left the cupboards well stocked with talent.

His record at Arizona was underwhelming, and he was there six years.

The thing I remember most from his time at West Virginia was choking in the regular season finale - at home - against Pitt, which cost his program a chance to play for a National Championship. A team whose offense was potent the entire season managed only 9 pathetic points in that contest.
Do you know why they lost that game?
McAfee missed two relatively short field goals in WVU's 13–9 loss to a Pitt Panthers team with only four wins; ultimately taking the Mountaineers out of the BCS National Championship Game. He was named to the 2007 Lou Groza Award semi-finalist list for the best collegiate kicker. McAfee earned Big East Special Team Player of the week honors three times in 2007 and was named second-team All-Big East. He earned West Virginia's Scott Shirley Award for the second consecutive year.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_McAfee

As if we needed another reason to despise that white trash clown...

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:06 am

Wow - he shit the bed. :lol

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:59 am

Urban Meyer to Texas A&M? Jimbo Fisher has been fired, with a $76M payout.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Nov 12, 2023 1:52 pm

Pat Caputo wants Jimbo to be MSU's next head coach.

They could certainly do worse.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:01 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 1:52 pm
Pat Caputo wants Jimbo to be MSU's next head coach.

They could certainly do worse.
No thank you.
The censorship king from out of state.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:03 pm

Caputo was strongly opposed to any pursuit of Urban Meyer, FWIW.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic