Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Detroit Lions 2023

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: Detroit Lions 2023

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:34 am

Neckbeard wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 11:49 pm
craig11152 wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 11:37 pm
Well I guess the "bench Jared Goff" crowd gets the week off from calling and texting 97.1.
I've tried listening to 97.1 a bit this season. Mike Valenti has regressed. He sounds like Andrew Tate if he was a sports guy. Just cannot listen. Karsch and Anderson (how are they still together?) are doing the same thing they were doing in 2010 when I stopped listening to that station. It's so stale. Maybe its just me.

Great game.
No, it’s truly bad. Valenti was fear mongering even before the Bears loss.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:50 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:34 am
Neckbeard wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 11:49 pm
craig11152 wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 11:37 pm
Well I guess the "bench Jared Goff" crowd gets the week off from calling and texting 97.1.
I've tried listening to 97.1 a bit this season. Mike Valenti has regressed. He sounds like Andrew Tate if he was a sports guy. Just cannot listen. Karsch and Anderson (how are they still together?) are doing the same thing they were doing in 2010 when I stopped listening to that station. It's so stale. Maybe its just me.

Great game.
No, it’s truly bad. Valenti was fear mongering even before the Bears loss.
That sounds outright obnoxious.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:18 am

The "good" version of the Lions showed up tonight. I hope this version is here to stay!

This was arguably the team's best win of the season. I'd personally place it ahead of the road win in Kansas City even.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:52 am

bmw wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 11:47 pm
I gotta say, it was nice to see the overly pessimistic MW proven wrong for once :lol
For once? It's happened several times in this thread alone.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:16 am

True. I've been wrong a TON in this thread. The Lions are NOT an elite team, though. I stand by that statement. :)

I'm still stunned by the Bengals' comeback and OT win yesterday afternoon. I think even their own fans are in shock. The Vikings did their best 2021 / 2022 Lions impersonation! Bear in mind that defeat came on the heels of a rather embarrassing loss to Chicago where the final score was 12 - 10. Hopefully, the Vikings are demoralized.

With regard to last night, Sean Payton was a total fool for not throwing his challenge flag on what appeared to be a (barely) TD on 3rd down with about 1:20 to play in the 3rd quarter. I don't know if he would've won the challenge, but at that point in the game, I don't know why on earth he wouldn't at least try.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:31 am

LMAO at the Thursday night Chargers / Raiders score. How the hell do you let the fucking RAIDERS post 63 points and defeat you by six touchdowns???

The Chargers fired Brandon Staley along with their GM yesterday.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:35 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:16 am
True. I've been wrong a TON in this thread. The Lions are NOT an elite team, though. I stand by that statement. :)

I'm still stunned by the Bengals' comeback and OT win yesterday afternoon. I think even their own fans are in shock. The Vikings did their best 2021 / 2022 Lions impersonation! Bear in mind that defeat came on the heels of a rather embarrassing loss to Chicago where the final score was 12 - 10. Hopefully, the Vikings are demoralized.

With regard to last night, Sean Payton was a total fool for not throwing his challenge flag on what appeared to be a (barely) TD on 3rd down with about 1:20 to play in the 3rd quarter. I don't know if he would've won the challenge, but at that point in the game, I don't know why on earth he wouldn't at least try.
I hope you mean the 2021-22 lions season and not both years… the Vikings aren’t that good. They really aren’t.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:11 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
There were a few funky ball placements last night, all in the Lions' favor. Y'think the Lions are finally getting the benefit of the doubt from the refs? Maybe a home field advantage? I doubt it would have mattered in the end, but I agree with you on Payton not throwing the challenge flag.

What I'm taken back by are the announcers harping on the fact that if the Eagles beat the Seahawks the Lions will secure a playoff spot. I want the Eagles to LOSE in the Lions' quest for the best record in the NFC and a first round bye. Go big or go home!
"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:52 am

moldyoldie wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:11 am
MWmetalhead wrote:
There were a few funky ball placements last night, all in the Lions' favor. Y'think the Lions are finally getting the benefit of the doubt from the refs? Maybe a home field advantage? I doubt it would have mattered in the end, but I agree with you on Payton not throwing the challenge flag.

What I'm taken back by are the announcers harping on the fact that if the Eagles beat the Seahawks the Lions will secure a playoff spot. I want the Eagles to LOSE in the Lions' quest for the best record in the NFC and a first round bye. Go big or go home!
I am torn about what to do… we are almost guaranteed a spot at this point, I hate Seattle with the heat of a thousand suns and I want the top seed and the eagles are in the way… ugh. No win scenario.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:14 am

Rate This wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:35 am
MWmetalhead wrote:

I hope you mean the 2021-22 lions season and not both years… the Vikings aren’t that good. They really aren’t.
The Lions lost multiple games they arguably should've won last year, too. The loss at home to Buffalo being the worst.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:14 am

Rate This wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:52 am
I am torn about what to do… we are almost guaranteed a spot at this point, I hate Seattle with the heat of a thousand suns and I want the top seed and the eagles are in the way… ugh. No win scenario.
You saw last night what we can accomplish with our vaunted O-line intact. Both Decker and Ragnow are hurting; an extra week off would go a long way in keeping it intact for "the big push".

I'd also like to point out the emergence of Melifonwu at safety and this Vildor guy at cornerback. It just goes to show that what goes on in practice behind the scenes is more than just going through the motions. This organization is always looking to improve "organically" from within, not just throwing money at a problem.

And did anyone notice the size of our third-round pick DT Brodric Martin? This young man is a giant!
Last edited by moldyoldie on Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:35 am

I agree about the officiating decisions definitely going the Lions' way last night.
What I'm taken back by are the announcers harping on the fact that if the Eagles beat the Seahawks the Lions will secure a playoff spot. I want the Eagles to LOSE in the Lions' quest for the best record in the NFC and a first round bye. Go big or go home.
I want the Eagles to lose, too. Jalen Hurts - after being ill yesterday - will be starting Monday night. The Eagles run game has not been good of late; the Niners and Cowboys had dominating wins over the Eagles earlier this month.

I would love the Week 16 Lions - Cowboys game to be for all the marbles with regard to the NFC 1 seed. They'll need some help from San Francisco, though (in addition to the aforementioned Eagles). We still got Week 17 to worry about, of course.

Given the way the Vikings have been shitting the bed of late, I think the Lions win at least one of those two contests for sure.

I think it's a coin flip between San Francisco and Baltimore for best team in the NFL right now, although I'm tempted to give the edge to San Fran. I'd put Dallas at 3, Miami at 4, Philly at 5 and Detroit at 6. Kansas City would be my #7 team.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Sun Dec 17, 2023 11:59 am

Interesting line on Cowboys/Bills in Buffalo, Bills favored by 2 1/2.
- Sydney J. Harris

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:07 pm

Even 2 of 5 DallasCowboys.com staff writers are predicting a Bills win!

A third predicted a 24 to 20 win for Dallas but didn't seem very confident.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/gut- ... tions-2023

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:08 pm

moldyoldie wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 11:59 am
Interesting line on Cowboys/Bills in Buffalo, Bills favored by 2 1/2.
Venue. Cowboys are 7-0 at home, and 3-3 away. Bills are 5-1 in Buffalo.
The censorship king from out of state.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic